Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

1 minute ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I find it so absurd in a 9 team league we can’t play a home and away against every team. It still gives us the chance to play a third game against two rivals. Ridiculous.

Clear attempt to artificially balance the East/West records.

We play each Western team 3 times and only TO and OTT once. 

couple things...

-I think the Bombers specifically ask for Thursday games in the summer. They love as many home games as possible in the summer. Best atmosphere in the league, bar none, is IGF in the summer. Few places I'd rather be. And the Thursday nighters have done well for them, I think, because it's before people head off to the cottage. 

-As has been mentioned, I've got no problems with as few eastern games as possible, because we always seem to **** our pants while out east. No idea why, but I'd rather only play them at our house and then play as many West games as possible. 

Overall I like this schedule. One home game looks like I need to miss but no home games while I hope to be away in August. 

Montreal road game on July 1st is exciting, already sent the wife a note on that one. I wish the game in BC was any Friday but the one before Thanksgiving, might still try and make that one work as I could travel home Saturday and not mess with family dinners. Hmm...