Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

https://twitter.com/MoEgger/status/1600881498000859137?s=20&t=gjFFjZoL-GPfWP2B4Ow9Ag

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">O&#39;Shea&#39;s 20 wins away from passing Bud Grant as the franchise&#39;s all-time winningest coach:<br><br>Grant: 102<br>Cal Murphy: 86<br>O&#39;Shea: 82<br><br>A record he&#39;ll certainly have the opportunity to break before this new contract is up.</p>&mdash; Skylar Peters (@SkylarAPeters) <a href="https://twitter.com/SkylarAPeters/status/1600861665746366464?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 8, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

(Imagine a tweet that shows MOS as 20 wins behind Bud Grant's record)

20 wins away...

Edited by Jesse
embedded tweet didn't work, enjoy the link.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Bucky Buck officially staying on as OC as well. Wouldn't be surprised, in time if we see a transition plan with Osh and Buck similar to Huff and Dickenson.

Isn't Huff like 20 years older than O'Shea? Not sure if Buck is willing to wait 15 years for O'Shea to reach retirement age and want to move upstairs.

1 minute ago, KshyGuy said:

Isn't Huff like 20 years older than O'Shea? Not sure if Buck is willing to wait 15 years for O'Shea to reach retirement age and want to move upstairs.

Not at all the point. The point is, 11 years is a long time to be in any role, which will be O'Shea's tenure at the end of his new contract. If we're fortunate enough to win another championship or two in that time, he'd be well deserving of a promotion upstairs.

Buck only signed a one year extension, which is very interesting to me. He'd ultimately like to stay in or around Winnipeg, because of his family. I'm curious if (when) Dickenson gets tossed in The Gap, if Buck is the next head guy there. Close to home  for his family, but gets to take the next step. He made abundantly clear in Our Man Tait's piece that he wants to be a HC, whether that's in the CFL or elsewhere. 

29 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Buck only signed a one year extension, which is very interesting to me. He'd ultimately like to stay in or around Winnipeg, because of his family. I'm curious if (when) Dickenson gets tossed in The Gap, if Buck is the next head guy there. Close to home  for his family, but gets to take the next step. He made abundantly clear in Our Man Tait's piece that he wants to be a HC, whether that's in the CFL or elsewhere. 

I thought about that too.

As repugnant as it sounds, if the Riders clear the decks and hire a competent GM that Buck respects, he’d have the opportunity to do what KW and MOS did here.

The only succession plan I can see in Winnipeg is Jordan Younger taking over once Richie decides to hang them up.

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Yeah, honestly, I have no clue what we do if Buck leaves....no idea who's next in line. Costello?? 

If it's next season, Lapo seems like the most likely candidate (as much consternation as that may cause around here).

But Kevin Bourgoin seems to be following the Buck path of moving through our offensive coaching ranks.