Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

Lawler coming back to Winnipeg might be one of the worst kept secrets out there. At the time he was going to be traded it sure did sound like an extension was part of that trade. Seems the two sides may not have set that contract aside.

Edited by GCn20

3 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Keep em coming Walters......👍

Question, Gang..... Who of you have listened to the latest podcast by Dunk and Hodge of 3 down nation?

Of interest to me was their commentary regarding Kyle Walters future, the Blue Bomber General Manager situation going forward, Walters a no show at the Mike O'Shea presser, Wade Miller limited comments and lack of a contract for Walters....

He still is under contract and why the need to have a renewed contract, is my first question. Also, information and stuff getting out to the general public is pretty much guarded by the Bomber brass, over the past few years.... Hodge should know that by now, I would think....

To me, I believe 3 down is filling time right now... Who is signing players right now, the Ass't GM's or is it Walters?

Once Rourke signs down south all will get quiet here in the Peg and 3 down's time will be filled...

18 hours ago, Brandon said:

I'm cool with Rose back assuming he will be healthy from his injury from this season.   

Rose was just fine, he was hurt early in the season but was quite good down the stretch. Sure he gets beat deep occasionally but he’s an agressive DB it’s going to happen, especially when you’re covering the best receivers. As soon as Alexander was back our secondary was just different. 

13 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Rose was just fine, he was hurt early in the season but was quite good down the stretch. Sure he gets beat deep occasionally but he’s an agressive DB it’s going to happen, especially when you’re covering the best receivers. As soon as Alexander was back our secondary was just different. 

I thought it was reported that he was playing with a nagging injury throughout the season and the Grey Cup?

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Thank you for sharing, I had just finished reading it and came here to see if it had been shared as my eyes were to bleary to click the right button to share it. 

Guarantee this team to a man thinks and feels this way.  Seriously would not be surprised (but very happy) to see our guys rip the league a new one next season.

Go Blue!

Updated List (MBB Free Agent Tracker):

Bomber Free Agents:

Quarterback

Dakota Prukop (A)

Fullback

Mike Miller (N)

Receiver

Rasheed Bailey (A)

Nic Demski (N)

Greg Ellingson (A)

Janarion Grant (A)

Timothy Knuettel (G)

Greg McCrae (A)

Luke McMillan (N)

Offensive line

Stanley Bryant (A)

Michael Couture (N)

Jermarcus Hardrick (A)

Patrick Neufeld (N) Re-signed

Eric Lofton (A)

Tyler Witt (A)

Defensive line

Keion Adams (A)

Jackson Jeffcoat (A)

Willie Jefferson (A) Re-signed

Casey Sayles (A)

Jake Thomas (N) Re-Signed

Linebacker

Adam Bighill (A) Re-signed

Jesse Briggs (N)

Shayne Gauthier (N)

Les Maruo (G)

Kyrie Wilson (A)

DeJuan Cooper (A)

Defensive back

Alden Darby (A)

Desmond Lawrence (A) Re-signed

Mercy Maston (A)

Winston Rose (A) Re-signed

Nick Taylor (A)

Souleymane Karamoko (G)

Cedric Lavigne (N)

Donald Rutledge Jr. (A)

Kicker

Ali Mourtada (A)

Long snapper

Mike Benson (N) Re-Signed

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

So Hodge and Dunk spouting some nonsense about MOS and Walters having a disconnect and Miller wanting to move on from Walters.

Just throwing crap at the wall at this point.

Pretty interesting to post this when Walters is quite literally under contract… Not sure what 3DN is trying to accomplish here other than clicks.

On 2022-12-13 at 8:32 PM, Bigblue204 said:

Danny Austin is claiming the league doesn't care about CGY....because...their labour day game starts at 5pm. AND Hamilton doesn't come to CGY...I wish I was kidding. What an absolute joke. Know who doesn't care about CGY? ******* CGY

Austin covered the Stamps very well. He's now off the Stamps beat only doing the Flames. Austin's twitter account this past seasipn had become just one whine session after another. How the Stamps were unloved. How the Stamps were being sxrewed. Just constant wah wah wah. He's become as bad as Ryan Ballantyne. 

On 2022-12-13 at 8:57 PM, bigg jay said:

I wish he would have kept his promise to stop tweeting about the CFL.

I assume the lack of a Hamilton games and a chance to play BLM and his new team is what has him upset.  Well boohoo.  We didn't get a home coming game for Harris last season, so I guess the league hates us too, using his logic.

We never got a home game for Nichols either.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Austin covered the Stamps very well. He's now off the Stamps beat only doing the Flames. Austin's twitter account this past seasipn had become just one whine session after another. How the Stamps were unloved. How the Stamps were being sxrewed. Just constant wah wah wah. He's become as bad as Ryan Ballantyne. 

We never got a home game for Nichols either.

Heck we never got to play Ottawa period. I thought it was bush league. 

Walters has been the best GM in the league by a large margin, and I just can't see why the Bombers would ever willingly let him go...

The man is trying to manage the Football OPS budget.

He'll sign last.

Someone is in charge of player retention rn, got to be Walters.

Dunk thought Harris leaving wpg was gonna be huge and the bombers would take a step back. Thought CGY would wi  the west. Hodge speculated back in 2019 that collaros would sign elsewhere. Etc etc. These guys are just guessing. Here's my guess....when/if Walters leaves, the Bombers will replace him with Huff....there see.....anyone can say random ****.

4 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Dunk thought Harris leaving wpg was gonna be huge and the bombers would take a step back. Thought CGY would wi  the west. Hodge speculated back in 2019 that collaros would sign elsewhere. Etc etc. These guys are just guessing. Here's my guess....when/if Walters leaves, the Bombers will replace him with Huff....there see.....anyone can say random ****.

Dunk called Hamilton the CFL's "Super Team" in 2021. Hardly as we kicked their ass twice while Dunk has really given us no credit at all. Dunk thought Dane Evans would be a star. Instead he done nothing but stink his entire career. Hodge meanwhile seems to be searching for click bait when it comes to trying to say there's disenchatment in Bombers ops. If the O'Shea & Walters relationship was so bad then why would he re-sign a 3 year deal? It doesn't take much to see this is all total BS.