Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

4 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Tyrell Ford has a work out with the LA Chargers.

No big deal you say? Probably not. But, keep in mind that Tevaughn Campbell was horrible up here and has been able to stick around down south.

Ford looked better in one game up here than Campbell ever did. 

I want to wish Tyrell Wood all the best.

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yeah dont know what happened with this guy. I think maybe there was something behind the scenes we dont know about cause on the field he seemed to be doing great.

Agreed.

It seemed like he was a solid fit, playing really good and then boom- he fell out of favour very abruptly. I think you're right, must have been something behind the scenes there.

1 minute ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Agreed.

It seemed like he was a solid fit, playing really good and then boom- he fell out of favour very abruptly. I think you're right, must have been something behind the scenes there.

He was definitely playing well early on and then he seemed to hit a bit of a wall towards the start of the second half of the season.  I remember DT talking about how at the star of the season, Rutledge had a play or two each game that kind stood out but those slowly started to stop happening and nobody could figure out why.  Was it fatigue from not being used to playing this long, coming out of college, was there an injury, maybe a change to the scheme?   

Whatever the reason, the coaches clearly lost confidence in him by the end of the season and now it's a wrap. 

13 hours ago, Geebrr said:

He isn’t a DB. Struggled in coverage.

Also I don’t think this signing means he won’t be back. 

It feels like him signing elsewhere means he wasn't happy with his lack of usage late in the season.

I honestly don't see anything sinister here. I think he wasn't as good as most believe - he just had a couple of sacks early so people got overhyped - and when he had to get sit down for his growing deficiencies he was FIFO'd.

On 2022-11-26 at 10:26 AM, Nolby said:

I think it's less than his last signing but maybe performance based incentives push it up there? I got a feeling Lawler will be coming back here as I don't see Ellingson back.

On 2022-11-26 at 10:53 AM, Jesse said:

Even if the rumours are true, just because he an extension prepared, doesn't mean Lawler would sign it. 

I am also hopeful, but it is all on Lawler - other teams will still have large offers for him.

Lawler had an contract for 2023 basically signed if that injury didnt happen....wasnt an offer

Also....no team will go to 300k for an import reciever anytime soon....same with 275k

On 2022-12-01 at 12:41 PM, Jesse said:

I think we have a handful of guys who have shown themselves more than capable. 

Like Booch has been saying, his age may be working against him.

that...politics of being a walk on...undrafted...then 2 failed attempts...and now coming from CFL...thats the perfect storm of NFL turning nose up to u

On 2022-12-01 at 3:33 PM, Stickem said:

Schoen's age is most likely a drawback to some nfl clubs BUT that doesn't mean he might have piqued someone's interest down there....I just hope he doesn't get caught up in the ol tc fodder game and end up getting screwed over...I'd like to offer him a solid contract and re-up with us for the forseeable future.... After all we still owe that guy a ring after we effed up the last shot ....so it's 'come on down and stay in the Peg Dalton'

yeah...he may get a "chance" but not a real chance and odds are stacked against him...and likely wont be a PR candidate if he gets the snips

On 2022-12-01 at 3:52 PM, Noeller said:

that's a really good point...Schoen is better than any of those you mentioned, and if they got calls, he should have as welL. That is very curious, indeed...

shaeffer baker getting look soley on the visual appearance.,..he brutal as an actual reciever, and isnt in the mold to block as a TE...if he goes is a camp body and will be back as fast as that other plug Lenuis

On 2022-12-07 at 11:37 AM, Bigblue204 said:

He got a **** look because he has the potential and he's certainly more quick than Shcoen. He was also young enough to be maybe worth developing. Obviously it didn't work out like that....but I could see why they would take a chance.

DSchoen is quicker than Lenius...he's a plodding slug who has horrible route running and from what I hear hard time digesting a play book...He got a chance from body type and that alone...same with KSB who may get a look...both horrible receivers when u look at technicals

11 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Schoen is in the same neighborhood as Zylstra, no? Zylstra has carved out a nice NFL career, Schoen might get the opportunity to do the same. 

I think Zylstra is faster, but Schoen is a better route runner.

Zylstra got a chance when he was 23..maybe 24, dont recall...then had 2...almost 3 seasons of limited time on field if at all..Schoen doesnt have that luxury

Been away for a bit...took some time catching up...My taker on a few things

Bryant will be in Blue in Gold...if he is not, he wont be playing but expect him to re-up before free agency, and after the other key pieces have...thats how he and the Bombers roll

Rose back is big...lotta hate for a guy who was basically playing at under 100 percent for 14 or so games, and trying to bring a rotating door of a secondary and LB corp together

Same with Biggie...hurt...a lot....and played more strong safety this year for most part, than tru MLB....And then having Wilson out early compounded things....and Wilson back as well is huge and not concerned with his recovery, as he never required surgery, and was already "working out" behind the scenes last part of yr...he will be fine....Hansen too...no surgery as well

No way we replace Couture with Kolo if we make it work via SMS...not happening...and not up to speed on Hardrick, or if his deal been announced yet...but he not going anywhere...was a lot to read

Expect to see Lawler back here and the expense of Ellingson, only way see Ellingson given a shot is on the cheap and if we lose Schoen....We gonna see an expanded role and legit opp for Agudosi and Haliegh to take a spot on roster, and basically you can count on both Bailey and Demski back...

This Walters talk is kinda funny and blown way out of proportion by many in "media" but Kyle and Miller always worry about Kyle last..