Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

8 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I firmly believe this. I don't think his style of game translates to todays NFL. In the NFL today, the best WR are basically all quick twitch style receivers. Get off the line quickly to get that quick pass and YAC play going. If anything, if he can bulk up a bit more he could potentially make a wicked TE. But that comes with a lot of question marks too.

Lenius isn’t quick twitch or anything else- he got a chance 

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Lenius isn’t quick twitch or anything else- he got a chance 

He got a **** look because he has the potential and he's certainly more quick than Shcoen. He was also young enough to be maybe worth developing. Obviously it didn't work out like that....but I could see why they would take a chance.

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

it was suggested in my group-of-friends group chat that maybe Schoen has a terrible agent......?? 

Perhaps, but prior to this year in the CFL, Schoen's NFL tryouts didn't produce much and now his age maybe a factor .

Selfish wise, I hope all works out for him, but hopefully he lands up back here with us for a few years.

On 2022-11-29 at 10:33 AM, Wideleft said:

Updated List (MBB Free Agent Tracker):

Bomber Free Agents:

Quarterback

Dakota Prukop (A)

Fullback

Mike Miller (N)

Receiver

Rasheed Bailey (A)

Nic Demski (N)

Greg Ellingson (A)

Janarion Grant (A)

Timothy Knuettel (G)

Greg McCrae (A)

Luke McMillan (N)

Offensive line

Stanley Bryant (A)

Michael Couture (N)

Jermarcus Hardrick (A)

Patrick Neufeld (N) Re-signed

Eric Lofton (A)

Tyler Witt (A)

Defensive line

Keion Adams (A)

Jackson Jeffcoat (A)

Willie Jefferson (A) Re-signed

Casey Sayles (A)

Jake Thomas (N)

Linebacker

Adam Bighill (A) Re-signed

Jesse Briggs (N)

Shayne Gauthier (N)

Les Maruo (G)

Kyrie Wilson (A)

DeJuan Cooper (A)

Defensive back

Alden Darby (A)

Desmond Lawrence (A) Re-signed

Mercy Maston (A)

Winston Rose (A)

Nick Taylor (A)

Souleymane Karamoko (G)

Cedric Lavigne (N)

Donald Rutledge Jr. (A)

Kicker

Ali Mourtada (A)

Long snapper

Mike Benson (N)

Updated.

33 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

He got a **** look because he has the potential and he's certainly more quick than Shcoen. He was also young enough to be maybe worth developing. Obviously it didn't work out like that....but I could see why they would take a chance.

I don’t think he is quicker than Scheon and I don’t see why they would take a chance 

14 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I don’t think he is quicker than Scheon and I don’t see why they would take a chance 

Measurables.

You can't coach 6'5 with decent quickness (he's not a fast receiver by any stretch but in football "quick" and "fast" are two different things).  I can see why NFL teams, who tend to get captivated by guys who fit a mold, would take a flier on a guy like Lenius.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Schoen is a phenom and could have a legendary career in the CFL. 

I'm thinking, albeit speculatively, that Schoen thrived in 2022 because of the waggle. His ability to time his route hitting the LOS at the snap made him so dangerous and very difficult to defend. He's crazy fast when he hits stride, which, when combined with his clean route running, agile movement, and silky hands, makes him a prototypical CFL receiver, IMO.

I'm curious if that success up here would translate in the NFL without the advantage of using the waggle to pick up speed prior to hitting the LOS. Burst speed off the line could be a difference maker.

Not just the waggle.

All of his big plays came off of broken plays where he found open field and Collaros found him. He might not have tape of him beating coverage with speed or route running.

26 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Measurables.

You can't coach 6'5 with decent quickness (he's not a fast receiver by any stretch but in football "quick" and "fast" are two different things).  I can see why NFL teams, who tend to get captivated by guys who fit a mold, would take a flier on a guy like Lenius.

He isn’t quick- this is what I’m getting at. 

He looks like he should be better than he really is. 

He isn’t quick, fast, and doesn’t do anything exceptionally well relative to his peers. 

He is 6’5…end of logic to explain it 

If he wasn’t Canadian he wouldn’t even be getting a shot in the CFL. 

18 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

He isn’t quick- this is what I’m getting at. 

He looks like he should be better than he really is. 

He isn’t quick, fast, and doesn’t do anything exceptionally well relative to his peers. 

He is 6’5…end of logic to explain it 

If he wasn’t Canadian he wouldn’t even be getting a shot in the CFL. 

Yes all of the reasons you've listed is why he didn't STICK in the NFL. That's what we're trying to say. Dalton had opportunities in the NFL previously that amounted to nothing. WE know he's a great WR. The NFL doesn't give two shits what anyone's done in the CFL if they don't think it will translate to the NFL - See #85. 

Lenius had zero NFL opportunities before the CFL. BUT had all the right measurables. He went for a workout, impressed enough to get a closer look and was eventually released. I really don't know how else to describe it.

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yes all of the reasons you've listed is why he didn't STICK in the NFL. That's what we're trying to say. Dalton had opportunities in the NFL previously that amounted to nothing. WE know he's a great WR. The NFL doesn't give two shits what anyone's done in the CFL if they don't think it will translate to the NFL - See #85. 

Lenius had zero NFL opportunities before the CFL. BUT had all the right measurables. He went for a workout, impressed enough to get a closer look and was eventually released. I really don't know how else to describe it.

He has height.

That is the measurable he has. He is not quick, which is what you claimed earlier. 

That is what I disagreed with. 

9 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

The fact that Schoen isn’t at any NFL workouts baffles me. Any scout doesn’t even have to watch him play just look at the numbers, and that alone should be enough, but in that case Walters should be trying to get him on a huge deal, preferably 3 years would be great!

He's still under his rookie contract.