Former Bombers in NFL (and spring leagues) news

Why does this thread remind me of the thread a few years ago about those 2 D Ends who never played for Winnipeg? They're coming!! they're coming!!! they never did. Streveler was here 3 yeras ago. He was a nice story but we've won a Grey Cup since & hopefully another one this season. I really don't care anymore if he is elevated to the active roster to hold a clipboard or is buried on the Jets PR anymore. 

27 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Why does this thread remind me of the thread a few years ago about those 2 D Ends who never played for Winnipeg? They're coming!! they're coming!!! they never did. Streveler was here 3 yeras ago. He was a nice story but we've won a Grey Cup since & hopefully another one this season. I really don't care anymore if he is elevated to the active roster to hold a clipboard or is buried on the Jets PR anymore. 

Cuz he'll be back in 3 seasons to replace Zach :D

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yelling at clouds today? Many fans here love Strevy and want to discuss his post Bomber career. Not sure why that is triggering you. Maybe time for a Snickers lol.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You could always not look at the thread.

59 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Is there still a chance he's a day game scratch or have they removed another QB from the roster?

NFL trade deadline is Monday. It's possible someone is trying to acquire Joe Flacco or Mike White. Also possible they did it simply to spark the offence with a couple of run packages with Strevy.

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

counter point:

2019_Chris_Streveler,_Grey_Cup_Parade.jp

Dude was a big part of breaking the grey cup drought, it's OK to still be a fan of his. 

36 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Whether he comes back to Winnipeg or not, Strev will be a Bombers legend for life, after that playoff run (and all he did within it) and the post championship celebration... Afaic, he is a Bomber for life. 

Yup, whether he thinks it or not, he's ours. lol

Someone in Jets management might have clued in to the fact, that Streve only needs a bit more playing time on an active roster to collect an nfl pension....I would hope that wasn't the case is why he was put on the inactive ,after looking like he'd get playing time....IF that was the case, that's pretty crappy, nfl politics at it's finest, and I don't know why Chris would want to hang around ...but I guess as long as there's a shot Streve will stick it out...Hope to see him back here next year

Edited by Stickem