Former Bombers in NFL (and spring leagues) news

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Yes, it appears you are correct. Games spent on the 53 are pensionable games even if you are inactive.

I was sure it had to be actual rostered playing time....if I was wrong then I better get up to speed on their contract in's and out's....Doesn't take away from the fact Streve had a chance to get actual playing time ...they waved the carrot and then took it away....I wonder how long he'll want to stay on the pr without seeing some real game action....I'll answer my own question with, it appears they have boat loads of cash down there BUT I wonder with a recession looming how long till nfl clubs really start tightening their belts

3 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I was sure it had to be actual rostered playing time....if I was wrong then I better get up to speed on their contract in's and out's....Doesn't take away from the fact Streve had a chance to get actual playing time ...they waved the carrot and then took it away....I wonder how long he'll want to stay on the pr without seeing some real game action....I'll answer my own question with, it appears they have boat loads of cash down there BUT I wonder with a recession looming how long till nfl clubs really start tightening their belts

With the billions in TV $, they'll keep spending.

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

From the NFL PA site (https://nflpa.com/active-players/faq/what-is-a-credited-season-and-what-does-it-mean-to-be-vested):

Generally, you earn a credited season if you are on the active, inactive, IR or PUP roster for three or more regular or post-season NFL games.

17 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Then he wasted his pro career. I don't have a lot of sympathy for players complaining about the lack of $$$ out there after the NFL. It is what it is. He would have been paid pretty well as a CFL player. BUt hey, stay on NFL PR's. Okay, the money's better but no one knows who you are. Stay invisible on a PR. 

My understanding is that Mulumba spent MOST of his time in Green Bay rostered, not on the PR.  2014 looks weird because he only played 2 games but that's because he tore his ACL early in the season.

3 hours ago, Stickem said:

He wouldn't have hit the field either way.

34 minutes ago, BomberfanMKS said:

My understanding is that Mulumba spent MOST of his time in Green Bay rostered, not on the PR.  2014 looks weird because he only played 2 games but that's because he tore his ACL early in the season.

Mulumba was a starter for most of his career there. Not just rostered but actually playing a lot, He wasn't a PR guy, but I think the OP was speaking in general terms not specifically about Mulumba.

14 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Yes, it appears you are correct. Games spent on the 53 are pensionable games even if you are inactive.

Thanks for checking. I was hoping to be accurate (for Streveler's sake). Hopefully he'll get to stay on there even if he doesn't make a game day roster.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, GCJenks said:

It has been a while and I don’t follow NFL at all. Is Streveler on an active roster? Has he qualified for his NFL pension?

Saw him running down the sidelines in civvies during last weeks Jets game.  Definitely giving Ryan Fitzpatrick a run for the money in the bearded qb dept.