Everything posted by bearpants
-
Argos at Bombers early chat
no major complaints with this line up... but much like last game.. would be nice to see Jawarski and Womack get some reps... and as per usual, the OL is a concern...
-
2026 CFL Around The League (Not Bombers Specific)
When I read this on social media... it was literally the first time I've ever heard the name Riley Green... I have no idea if this is a popular act or not... Narrator: and it was in the moment, he realized he is officially one of the old guys... this is legitimately amazing and I fully endorse it!
-
2026 Bombers Season
What's Drake Nevis up to?
-
Week 16 Games
That already happened in a game between Sask and Mtl a few years ago... so Mtl holds that title
-
2026 Bombers Season
Scout: good news KW, we got Rucker from North Carolina KW: you mean Rucker from North Dakota? Scout: Yeah, Kaimon Rucker? KW: Lance Rucker?? Scout: ****
-
Post (game) review - interesting observation edition
we just need to stop signing vet DBs and just trust our scouting.... it's the only position group our management seems to be reliably good at scouting... and the only position group that is all scouting and draft... would we even have benched the useless Moxey and seen how much better Texada is without the injury?
-
Banjo Bowl GDT
I don't have any idea what Eli has to offer... but I know he has history at C... and I find it hard to believe a line of Big Stan*-Vanty-Eli-Wallace-Brox + Neufeld woiuldn't be an improvement... *though I'd prefer Broxton at LT
-
Banjo Bowl GDT
I know you're not new here since you're signature says "AKA Tracker"... but you're clearly not paying attention if you don't already know @Booch 's feeling on Eli, lol I'm not as fed up with Zach as you are... but I do have the same feelings about moving on... if Zach hurt, this would be a perfect opportunity to really tie the reigns to Brown and see what he can do... and hopefully not look back
-
Banjo week lead up
I don't hate this roster... hopefully Womack and Jawarski actually get some reps... the OL is still a bit concerning though
-
Post (game) Back to mortem - Leopards rarely change their spots edition
For sure... Sask is not Ottawa... but I still would've gone for two
-
Labor Day Classic GDT
it's kind of amazing that a rookie receiver comes in, goes 5-62-1 TD... and we're genuinely not sure if he'll start the next game...
-
Post (game) Back to mortem - Leopards rarely change their spots edition
Also "since 2000" is kind of an irrelevant time frame... this years team doesn't look like last years... nevermind what it looked like 25 years ago... IMO we saw in Ottawa that we might have a few decent 2 pt convert plays in the back pocket... I was in favour of going for two...
-
Labor Day Classic GDT
Major WILLIAMS, DB | CFL StatsCareer statistics, game logs and transactions for Major WILLIAMS of the WPG on CFL Stats.
-
Post (game) Back to mortem - Leopards rarely change their spots edition
I agree that a lot of casuals would have been upset to lose that way... but think most around here would've been in favour of going for two... just speaking personally, I was in favour of it at the time... The offense actually had some momentum, it shows the coach has confidence in his guys to get it done... and for once, we'd actually be playing to win rather than playing not to lose... And as @ShyGuy mentioned, there was no scenario where an OT loss would be a better point differential... if we lose this one by one, and win by a FG next week, we have the season series...
-
2026 Bombers Season
All the best to BA... one of the greats of the trinity era... wish he could've achieved his goals here... but good for him to do what's best for himself.
-
Post (Game) Mort....ummm..perhaps Celebration of Life?!? Whiny Karen Alexander edition
I think you meant Edmonton... but yeah, if we were coming off back to back, complete game wins against the #1 team in the west and the #1 team in the east... there certainly would be more hopeful feelings around here
-
Post(game)Mortem - Edm collapse...soon to be season collapse
to me, giving up 13 yards on 2nd and 14 is absolutely blowing a 2nd and long situation... the stats just don't show it like that... that was my point
-
2026 Bombers Season
Arguably, the bottom hasn't truly fallen out in previous years... the team has been progressively declining but they can still say "we won 10+ games every year" and "we keep making the playoffs"... a 6-7 win season would be a proper bottoming out
-
2026 Bombers Season
Also playing October Vernon Adams is much different than July Vernon Adams...
-
Post(game)Mortem - Edm collapse...soon to be season collapse
Thanks for this... I figured the stats wouldn't necessarily align with the "feel" of it... in that example drive, it "felt like" the Bombers gave up 3 consecutive 2nd and long conversations... but in reality, it was 1/3
-
Post(game)Mortem - Edm collapse...soon to be season collapse
Is this stat tracked anywhere?... I would love to know what our record is against 2nd and long this year... I think it was the first drive of the second half in this game where Edm almost converted 3 consecutive 2nd and longs (the shortest was 2nd and 8, and one they got 13 yards on 2nd and 14, then easily converted the 3rd and 1)... the only reason they didn't get the 3rd is because the receiver dropped the ball
-
2026 Bombers Season
unfortunately a 6-7 win team might be the best thing to happen to this management (coaches included)... maybe it'll wake them up... or, they'll continue on the path of complacency...
-
Post(game)Mortem - Edm collapse...soon to be season collapse
I'm not sure if this has been discussed in other threads... but why is our defense sooooo bad at 2nd and long situations?... it seems like teams convert like 75% against us when it's 2nd and 8-15.... or at least they get it to 3rd and 1....
-
2026 Bombers Season
100% but a one-dimensional (does blitzing and run stopping count as two dimensions??) guy is not what you want as your starting MLB
-
Bombers @ Not-So-LOLks: The GDT
Hate to be a debbie downer... but when in Rome... I'm expecting a blow out win by the Elks.... followed by zero changes to the Bombers rosters... and another blow out win by the Als next week... I wish I could have optimism about our team right now... The plus of being negative... I'll be very happy to be wrong