Former Bombers in NFL (and spring leagues) news

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

What I saw from Kongbo last night was he looked SMALL... Almost swallowed up by the OL. It almost seemed like Boris Bede vs Big Stan in a 1-on-1...

I mean he’s a classic nfl tweener just tall. He’s also naturally very wiry and strong. 

30 minutes ago, Booch said:

No knock on Kongbo but he likely a 1 and done down there this yr

I mean It’s a more than fair estimate. The real great staying power he has is his coach ability and attitude. They could find a younger long tall de that’s more athletic but not with the pedigree or the ability to fulfill their potential. 

16 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Meanwhile Drew Desjarlais waits for a phone call that may never come. Like that REALLY GREAT job interview we've all had & thinking we nailed it!!!Then waiting... for... that... phone... call... that... never.... came. 

I feel very seen right now...... 

18 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Meanwhile Drew Desjarlais waits for a phone call that may never come. Like that REALLY GREAT job interview we've all had & thinking we nailed it!!!Then waiting... for... that... phone... call... that... never.... came. 

But, what's he going to do? Come here for a small paycheque and possibly miss his chance? I think he's committed to seeing out this year, keeping himself available, for a team in need. 

Just now, JCon said:

But, what's he going to do? Come here for a small paycheque and possibly miss his chance? I think he's committed to seeing out this year, keeping himself available, for a team in need. 

He doesn’t lack for film reputation or pedigree that can be earned out side of the nfl. Coming back would be high risk low reward. 
I am surprised he hasn’t been picked up with how great the lack of quality ol is in the nfl right now. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

he could of came here...on a pro rated deal for prob 11k per game, with a stipulation he is released if he gets an opportunity...gets more film on him...stays in game ready shape...thats the risk of the waiting for a PR "opportunity" only...or chance to land on one...which isn't a given, and you are not earning money while you wait...he could have signed for the last 4 ames and playoffs and if a team was really interested to park him on a PR...they would when he came free

Just now, Booch said:

he could of came here...on a pro rated deal for prob 11k per game, with a stipulation he is released if he gets an opportunity...gets more film on him...stays in game ready shape...thats the risk of the waiting for a PR "opportunity" only...or chance to land on one...which isn't a given, and you are not earning money while you wait...he could have signed for the last 4 ames and playoffs and if a team was really interested to park him on a PR...they would when he came free

I think it's more protecting against injury.

Just now, Booch said:

could get injured working out...crossing the street...and from a guy with no injury history....it's a dice he should have rolled

I agree with those that have said it's a high risk/low reward strategy.

If his dream is the NFL, he gets no benefit from coming back except a few game cheques. 

The CFL will welcome him back at any time.

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I agree with those that have said it's a high risk/low reward strategy.

If his dream is the NFL, he gets no benefit from coming back except a few game cheques. 

The CFL will welcome him back at any time.

benefit of easy money, and released as soon as season ends...has happened many many times before...and will again...I see the point of waiting around...but also...u fall out of game shape fast, and could hinder a "look" for a "possible" PR spot...personally I wouldn't sit on my duff...

40 minutes ago, JCon said:

Teams are more likely though to pick up a guy just cut rather then a guy cut a whiles back.

Just now, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Wasnt he cut weeks ago?

You said, Teams are more likely though to pick up a guy just cut rather then a guy cut a whiles back.

Can you provide evidence to support this? What are the stats for being picked up on the PR? One week after release, two, etc. 

44 minutes ago, JCon said:

You said, Teams are more likely though to pick up a guy just cut rather then a guy cut a whiles back.

Can you provide evidence to support this? What are the stats for being picked up on the PR? One week after release, two, etc. 

I kind of agree...If he was that hot a prospect, or one deemed with actual legit rosterability you would think he been picked up by now...or at least given a workout...and if he was given one...u know damn well the media would have been reporting it up here....

Don't blame a guy for exhausting it all he can, but there is also different ways to skin a cat and make some $$ while you wait/hope

3 hours ago, JCon said:

He wouldn't get a small paycheque but it would be pro rated. Playing & winning a championship is important. Sign a contract, play for us & try again next year. That's me, though... If i was as talented as Desjarlais, I'd find sitting & waiting very difficult.