Former Bombers in NFL (and spring leagues) news

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

That would be quite the turn-around. Seems like he's hanging on by a thread.

He was cut 2 days ago. Already on another team. 

You expected him to start?

1 minute ago, Booch said:

yeah....I think he will see a couple PR's....basically as a look see...then be back...ala Gray

I think he is significantly better than Jones who spent years down South and several other guys 

Just now, Geebrr said:

Team's have to set their PRs. If he wasn't already on a team he'd 100% be done.

Already on his 2nd team this early seems like he is at the absolute bottom of the barrel in terms of team priorities.

Sure, as long as you  have a jersey on you back, there's a chance - but it is a looooong shot right now.

Just now, Jesse said:

Team's have to set their PRs. If he wasn't already on a team he'd 100% be done.

Already on his 2nd team this early seems like he is at the absolute bottom of the barrel in terms of team priorities.

Sure, as long as you  have a jersey on you back, there's a chance - but it is a looooong shot right now.

I don’t believe that to be true at all. Especially for a OL

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

I don’t believe that to be true at all. Especially for a OL

It more or less is true. He needs some divine intervention from the football gods now. That is not to say he doesn't have the talent, just the opportunity to use that talent may never materialize before his team finds another shiny bauble to place on it's PR and shuffles him out to make room. However, if the Saints were to have a run of injuries on their OL, Drew could draw in and from there I believe he would turn heads.

9 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

You expected him to start?

I think he is significantly better than Jones who spent years down South and several other guys 

Jones was a centre. Not an apt comparison. OGs are a dime a dozen in comparison.

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah....I think he will see a couple PR's....basically as a look see...then be back...ala Gray

More than likely what happens. Although, if he does get rostered and starts it may earn him some time up there.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

In the US the medical benefits Trump the 25 30k. 

For sure. That is huge as well.

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

So has everyone. But, they signed him and kept him through camp., so, they obviously don't rate him that highly. 

They didn't view him as highly as 16 other cuts they made, that's for sure. Who knows, maybe he is a guy they really liked but there simply were other guys they liked more. At the end of the day though, DD didn't do enough to earn a spot.

31 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

The bearish outlook on Streveler is what happens once the starter is healthy.  Do they move white to the practice roster and release Streveler? Or do they cut Flacco and keep Streveler on pr? 

They usually keep three on the roster. So, Steveler will go back to the PR, once Wilson is back.