Former Bombers in NFL (and spring leagues) news

9 hours ago, Mark F said:

streveller second td pass was a beauty. 

sure hope he sticks.

also..... three Bombers legitimately trying for a spot in The NFL.... is good for Bomber  recruitment.

another reason for players to sign with the Bombers.

Those throw on the roll out plays really punctuate what he could’ve done here with a decent offensive system. 

I know almost nothing about the NFL, but I'm told by someone who does that Alford is a lock to start with the Falcons because they are one of the worst teams in the league this year, and that Streveler has a legitimate shot because the Jets young back-up is injured and out long term, so there's definitely an opening there. Here's hoping all our "alumni" make it down south and lock up that $$$...

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I know almost nothing about the NFL, but I'm told by someone who does that Alford is a lock to start with the Falcons because they are one of the worst teams in the league this year, and that Streveler has a legitimate shot because the Jets young back-up is injured and out long term, so there's definitely an opening there. Here's hoping all our "alumni" make it down south and lock up that $$$...

Zach WIlson is the injured Jets QB and was projected to be the game 1 starter. He's only expected to miss a few games at this point.

At minimum Strevy shud get a practice roster spot. Remember Strevy needs to be on the active roster for 6 more games to qualify for his NFL pension.

23 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Zach WIlson is the injured Jets QB and was projected to be the game 1 starter. He's only expected to miss a few games at this point.

At minimum Strevy shud get a practice roster spot. Remember Strevy needs to be on the active roster for 6 more games to qualify for his NFL pension.

I think he's in a good spot to be the active backup.  Their starter is a RPO guy, Flacco is useless and a pocket guy, Mike White is a pocket guy.  I think they need a RPO guy on the game roster behind Wilson and if he's hurt they can flip to the pocket guys.

If he gets cut he'll have 4-5 teams at least after him.