Grey Cup 2022 GDT

K-Shack

Next year.

Thanks to a lot of you for making this place very enjoyable and entertaining, it’s my first goto everyday practically.

There’s a lot of very knowledgeable football and hockey people here along with great senses of humour which at the end of the day is the best part.

Thanks to the admins and the founders of this site. It’s awesome how love for one football and hockey team can bring people together from all walks of life.

Riders suck.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I hope losing this game gives them some flexibility on making some changes.  Our D lost the big play quality this year.  We need some change across the DL.  Jeffcoat might be the best player in the league but if he can't stay healthy he's not a huge factor.  Jefferson I could take or leave at this point.  Nice situational rusher but disappears most of the time, basically a non-factor in this game.  The fact we had to blitz so much to create pressure put our D at constant risk downfield and is a huge departure from why the 19 and 21 teams were great.

Further to this, they lost Stove and Kongbo in the off-season and did not find adequate replacements, then they lost Hansen and Jeffcoat for much of the season, they tried Mack and Wilcots who only made an impact in the last game he played, before being traded to the Ti-Cats.  They brought in Adams from Sask. who has yet to show he belongs and was unable to even dress today, and then Jeffcoat gets hurt again in the 3rd Q and they have no extra DE's on the roster and nothing left to replace him, or to rotate Willy out.  It's a bigtime fail in the personnel dept. but an area that can definitely be upgraded in the off-season.

For my money the D and special teams were good enough to win this game the biggest disappointment was the offense and in particular collaros though Schoen and Ellingson make those two catches early (and IMO they were very catchable passes) things might have turned out differently. 

All year this team was great converting second downs, tonight they were awful at it.  Just did not adjust to what Toronto was doing. 

42 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

At least Andrew Harris was a non factor. 

That doesn't make the loss any easier to stomach. His team won (**** Toronto) and he gets another ring, anyway.

What a crummy and mostly forgettable game. Grant's punt return was probably the most exciting play of the whole night. It was a pretty boring night for both offenses.

The Prukop INT was the momentum swinger for me. That play was reckless and silly, IMO. 

****, this drought sucks already.

Edited by blue_gold_84

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The Prukop INT was the momentum swinger for me. That play was reckless and silly, IMO. 

I think the real problem on that play was that the 2nd receiver took his route too deep and let the guy covering him get involved in the play. Think it might have been Bailey but to me if he cuts his route to the sideline shorter the pick never happens. 

2 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I didn't watch the Cup presentation. Anyone know if Ambrosie mentioned Rourke's option year?

No, but he nearly presented the cup to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, caught himself halfway, stuttered, and said “the win—ning team…the Toronto Argonauts.” Just embarrassing. 

23 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

That doesn't make the loss any easier to stomach. His team and he gets another ring, anyway.

What a crummy and mostly forgettable game. Grant's punt return was probably the most exciting play of the whole night. It was a pretty boring night for both offenses.

****, this drought sucks already.

maybe it wasn't easier but it could have been a lot harder had he rushed for 3 touchdowns and won the MOP and Most Outstanding Player.  There's going to be a nice rivalry going forward with Toronto. I hate them like you wouldn't believe. 

Last thought for me 

Not exciting. Quite boring. Not very good football.  Regina shouldn't host another cup again.  TSN seriously needs to improve the game day quality and experience.  Big Time. The half time show, still trying to figure out who it was supposed to appeal to. 

The game was the most boring Grey cup game I've seen in some time. Nothing happened at all for long stretches of the game. I wasn't overly upset when we lost, because I thought we truly didn't deserve the win today. 

39 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Last thought for me 

Not exciting. Quite boring. Not very good football.  Regina shouldn't host another cup again.  TSN seriously needs to improve the game day quality and experience.  Big Time. The half time show, still trying to figure out who it was supposed to appeal to. 

The game was the most boring Grey cup game I've seen in some time. Nothing happened at all for long stretches of the game. I wasn't overly upset when we lost, because I thought we truly didn't deserve the win today. 

Nah, it still hurts. Not because we didn't deserve to win but because the Argos didn't deserve to win, either. 

37 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

At 23-17 I thought it was over, figured we wold march for another TD and just shut them down the rest of the way…

Oops…

Morning after it still hurts, only solace I’m not nursing the hangover many of you are.

Next year…

The pain of the hangover is nothing compared to the pain of losing.

7 hours ago, 17to85 said:

For my money the D and special teams were good enough to win this game the biggest disappointment was the offense and in particular collaros though Schoen and Ellingson make those two catches early (and IMO they were very catchable passes) things might have turned out differently. 

All year this team was great converting second downs, tonight they were awful at it.  Just did not adjust to what Toronto was doing. 

Special teams was the source of most Argo points when we lost field position really bad on punt exchanges and kickoffs.  Realistically if Bede has an average game we’re in pretty big trouble.  Also gave up the big return to set up the winning TD, horribly placed punt and terrible decision by Parker to roll the dice to come inside to try to make tackle instead of keeping contain.