West Final GDT: Back to Back Champs vs Dome Boys

Nolby

I rewatched the game and it's much easier to watch it without being extremely nervous.  

• Rourke made 3 - 4 good throws and outside of that was awful.  Looked like a kid not ready for the big time game which makes sense.   
  • Zach also had a below average game but thankfully he only had to throw half as many passes.  
  • I don't think the refs were as bad as this thread made them out to be,  but I will say the lack of penalty on the special teams return was glaring.   
  • BC 's time management at the end was baffling and insane that they wasted so much time.   How did they not call 3 plays at the line of scrimmage and just run one after the other?
  • BC will look good moving forward,  they could cut a couple of the expensive receivers and still have a solid crew. I don't think they'll have issues extending Rourke if they cut Lucky and Rhymes/Burnham.  
  • Score really was misleading... the Grant fumble, the PAT issues,  Zach throwing a pick in the end zone,  iffy holding penalty later in the game wiping out a TD... this game really could of been a 30 point blow out.  
  • I'm not worried about Zach he was walking around pretty normal after the game.  He'll be good to go.
  • TSN half time panel was good ....  Suitor and Nielson were all over the place.   

I will assume next week "should" be an easier challenge since MBT is all over the place and Oulette/Harris are not as good as Butler.   

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I rewatched the game and it's much easier to watch it without being extremely nervous.  

• Rourke made 3 - 4 good throws and outside of that was awful.  Looked like a kid not ready for the big time game which makes sense.   
  • Zach also had a below average game but thankfully he only had to throw half as many passes.  
  • I don't think the refs were as bad as this thread made them out to be,  but I will say the lack of penalty on the special teams return was glaring.   
  • BC 's time management at the end was baffling and insane that they wasted so much time.   How did they not call 3 plays at the line of scrimmage and just run one after the other?
  • BC will look good moving forward,  they could cut a couple of the expensive receivers and still have a solid crew. I don't think they'll have issues extending Rourke if they cut Lucky and Rhymes/Burnham.  
  • Score really was misleading... the Grant fumble, the PAT issues,  Zach throwing a pick in the end zone,  iffy holding penalty later in the game wiping out a TD... this game really could of been a 30 point blow out.  
  • I'm not worried about Zach he was walking around pretty normal after the game.  He'll be good to go.
  • TSN half time panel was good ....  Suitor and Nielson were all over the place.   

I will assume next week "should" be an easier challenge since MBT is all over the place and Oulette/Harris are not as good as Butler.   

Think Harris will have a better game than Butler. 

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

A big part of that O this year, and by default a large part of Rourkes success came from their WRs. Getting ride of Lucky AND Ryhms/Burnham will hurt them.

17 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Anyone know why there was no fumble on that play where Miller destroyed that BC kick returner? He clearly dropped the ball after being blown up.  Anyone know?

Rule 179 Section 3 Part D

The player being unconscious before he hits the turf nullifies any fumble.

Gonna be hard to bind this rulebook from all the made up ****.

League clearly wanted a BC win tonight.

They’ll want an Argo win next week so MLSE can finally celebrate winning a “Cup.”

1 hour ago, GOLD MEMBER said:

Any further Updates on how Zach might be is the one and only concern.

Other than that  we came out unscathed.

The D was majorly impressive and in championship winning form.

Leggio was iffy again, err. He likes Mosaic though, he has played very well there this year.

It's hard to trust a kicker who misses two converts in the Western Final. 

We have never beaten Toronto in a Grey Cup ever going back to 1930 and Toronto has won their last several GC appearances in a row back to 1987.

On the other side of the coin, MOS has never lost a GC game in his career as a player and coach. 

Something has to give... 

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

We have never beaten Toronto in a Grey Cup ever going back to 1930 and Toronto has won their last several GC appearances in a row back to 1987.

On the other side of the coin, MOS has never lost a GC game in his career as a player and coach. 

Something has to give... 

yeah yeah bombers hadn't won a grey cup since 1990. Ancient history and this team doesn't lose when it matters. The way the D came to play today I have no doubts MBT is going to be having long conversations with his ancestors trying to figure out WTF just happened. 

28 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Something has to give... 

**** the Argos.  **** them and their lying in the weeds of a weak-ass division year after year.

O’Shea is the man and his teams have already broken so many records as well as “curses”.  Our guys will do what it takes.

Just finished watching all the post-game pressers for both teams. If we wind up needing to replace a receiver in the off season and he becomes available, Hatcher seems like a real solid teammate and the kind of guy that would fit our culture. Took the blame for cutting his route short on Rose’s INT and just over all sounds very level headed and like a team player. 

29 minutes ago, O2L said:

Just finished watching all the post-game pressers for both teams. If we wind up needing to replace a receiver in the off season and he becomes available, Hatcher seems like a real solid teammate and the kind of guy that would fit our culture. Took the blame for cutting his route short on Rose’s INT and just over all sounds very level headed and like a team player. 

Kenny Lawler is coming back home next year