West Final GDT: Back to Back Champs vs Dome Boys

Nolby

24 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I do like how Rourke showed emotion after the game and how he stayed on the field to watch. I remember Greg Carr saying after the 2011 GC that he sat on the field and watched BC celebrate which made him want to win it even more the following year (even though that didn’t work out for him). A lose like this builds character. But wondering why he was smiling until he was talking to Burnham and then lost it. Is this a sign that Burnham or Rourke are not expecting to be back and Rourke wanted to win a cup for Burnham? Or am I putting to much thought into this lol. 

I think it signals that Rourke may know his NFL aspirations may have been reduced significantly by a poor performance in a big game.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Chungh's nastiness from when he was a Bomber has turned into full blown malicious douchiness. That cheap shot at the end of the game was ******* pathetic. What a loser.

Chungh came to the realization that he chose the wrong horse when he left the Bombers. Therefore his douchiness was on full display. Used to respect the guy, but not after that. Hope he retires cup-less and broke.

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Watched a few highlights from the game. And I'm officially over whatever his name is that is doing play by play with Suitor. Guy is just super annoying to listen to. 

don't you love it when the camera shows both of them, and the sidekick play by play guy gazes admiringly at 

"Suits"

what a sad sack pair.

T  he

S hits

N etwork

Edited by Mark F

Rourke had a horrible first quarter. He had open guys and couldn't hit them. Some of the throws weren't even close. Missed the first 5 IIRC, that's 3 two and outs to start the game. Put BC in a bind right away.

The Lions D took the roll out away from Collaros. That took away the one on ones that we've been so successful at all season & forced Collaros to run up the middle, where he eventually got hurt.

Both teams got TD's from their special teams & both teams dropped a couple of picks.

Only one team could run the ball. Brady O and the OL won the game for us.

2 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Rourke had a horrible first quarter. He had open guys and couldn't hit them. Some of the throws weren't even close. Missed the first 5 IIRC, that's 3 two and outs to start the game. Put BC in a bind right away.

The Lions D took the roll out away from Collaros. That took away the one on ones that we've been so successful at all season & forced Collaros to run up the middle, where he eventually got hurt.

Both teams got TD's from their special teams & both teams dropped a couple of picks.

Only one team could run the ball. Brady O and the OL won the game for us.

Rourke had a horrible game. Not just first Q. He missed a bunch of throws all night long. That may have been the worse game I've seen from him all season.

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

Rourke had a horrible game. Not just first Q. He missed a bunch of throws all night long. That may have been the worse game I've seen from him all season.

The whole game was a mess. He looked like a rookie out there up against vets. And, the Lions did nothing to help him. Even Farhan and the other apologists can't make excuses for his rourking up a fur ball in the biggest game of his career. 

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

His receivers left a lot of plays on the field as well. 

Some of that is on Rourke, some of that is on the conditions .. hell .. some of it is just seeing our guys coming downhill at them.  

Rourke looked bad in the first quarter all by himself. The rest of the game it was more the Bomber's D making him look bad & his receivers letting him down.

300 yards passing isn't bad, especially for a young QB starting his first playoff game in hostile territory. One of his 2 picks was a hail merry that we quite frankly should have just knocked down. He threw and ran for more yards than Collaros.

1 minute ago, TBURGESS said:

Rourke looked bad in the first quarter all by himself. The rest of the game it was more the Bomber's D making him look bad & his receivers letting him down.

300 yards passing isn't bad, especially for a young QB starting his first playoff game in hostile territory. One of his 2 picks was a hail merry that we quite frankly should have just knocked down. He threw and ran for more yards than Collaros.

This wasn't just "hostile territory", it was a war zone that he had to play in.  And yeah, the defenders should have knocked that ball down, it would have given us the ball on the 50 instead of the 15.  Even with out getting a first down, the Bombers could have punted and hemmed BC in, and they probably wouldn't have gotten that late TD that made the game far far closer than it should ever have been.

Leggs man, you're killing me.  You make those two converts and this game was a whole lot less close.  Now that being said, we re-watched his first convert "miss" several times, and I don't see how that convert wasn't good.  Please tell me that I'm hallucinating because we watched it 5 times in slo mo and it looks like a good convert to me.

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Greg Ellingson was completely invisible yesterday 

Next week would be a great time to get going 

yeah he was the guy the Beatles were singing about in the song "Nowhere man".  Time to be a factor Ellingson, if you are going to play.

6 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Stats don't really tell a tale on their own now do they ...

Rourke looked rather pedestrian all night and, if I'm honest, this game never felt like it was in doubt.  Can rack up all the yardage in the world but the only number that matters is the record. 

We were 1-0 after the game was played.

9 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Greg Ellingson was completely invisible yesterday 

Next week would be a great time to get going 

I know he's still working his way back into the lineup but he really hasn't looked like himself when he's on the field .. that, and other guys have stepped up in his place.  

1 hour ago, GCJenks said:

10am and finally through all that I missed...

"Are you kidding me???" is something I don't need to hear from a PBP guy. Watched the CFL highlights on youtube last night and he said that at least 3 times in that series of clips.

He’s intentionally trying to adopt that as his own personal catch phrase. So stupid. 

1 hour ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I do like how Rourke showed emotion after the game and how he stayed on the field to watch. I remember Greg Carr saying after the 2011 GC that he sat on the field and watched BC celebrate which made him want to win it even more the following year (even though that didn’t work out for him). A lose like this builds character. But wondering why he was smiling until he was talking to Burnham and then lost it. Is this a sign that Burnham or Rourke are not expecting to be back and Rourke wanted to win a cup for Burnham? Or am I putting to much thought into this lol. 

he been banged up a lot....and they looking to start a family....even though he only gonna be 33 next yr...maybe he has made it known he could be hanging them up....That being said B.C will have a vastly different roster next yr...SMS will dictate that...and I think a lot of them knew it was this yr...or bust, and now that it went bust they are going to have a big hill to climb

4 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Re; Ellingson, I don't think he's getting a chance to "feel" the game at all. He is always the guy that comes off when "heavy" goes in or gets left on the sidelines when they start heavy. Hard to come back and make an impact when most of your running us sideline to huddle and back.

I don’t buy that at all 

He needs to be an impact player 

1 minute ago, Jpan85 said:

The secondary has all the pieces in place to be a dominate group again. Man the Bombers brain trust know how to bring in late season additions to the secondary that just work.

truth...thats been clearly evident the last 4..5 games...I was pining for Darby for a good month or so before we pulled the trigger, and when I saw Lawrence cut loose I was so hoping that we would grab him, as he was just what we needed to help settle things....Much like 2019 with late additions of Maston and Taylor...2 other "cast-offs" who basically completed the puzzle....these 2 late season pick ups are having the same effect....Darby allows us to play different, and he also is so smart he is like BA out there keeping everyone in correct alignment.....and Larwrence has proven game experience, and a lil size to him too which helps....so the other DB's can focus solely on their responsibilities...plus he played lights out yesterday too...and it has a ripple effect....since he been here, and addition of Darby it has made Rose...well look like Rose....if Houston comes back for the Cup, then it's a him for Holm swap out...and damn thats a fine group

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I don’t buy that at all 

He needs to be an impact player 

he is...he requires attention or he will kill you.....and that why Schoen..Demski and Bailey are able to make plays...pick your poison....if they focus on taking away Demski and Schoen....Ellingson and Bailey will eat them up

1 minute ago, Booch said:

truth...thats been clearly evident the last 4..5 games...I was pining for Darby for a good month or so before we pulled the trigger, and when I saw Lawrence cut loose I was so hoping that we would grab him, as he was just what we needed to help settle things....Much like 2019 with late additions of Maston and Taylor...2 other "cast-offs" who basically completed the puzzle....these 2 late season pick ups are having the same effect....Darby allows us to play different, and he also is so smart he is like BA out there keeping everyone in correct alignment.....and Larwrence has proven game experience, and a lil size to him too which helps....so the other DB's can focus solely on their responsibilities...plus he played lights out yesterday too...and it has a ripple effect....since he been here, and addition of Darby it has made Rose...well look like Rose....if Houston comes back for the Cup, then it's a him for Holm swap out...and damn thats a fine group

Darby and Lawrence were dynamite yesterday.

1 minute ago, Piggy 1 said:

Darby and Lawrence were dynamite yesterday.

Darby was every where...amazing game....and Lawrence basically took away any of their B.S duck and chucks....great coverage all game...all our guys in the secondary actually.....like mentioned here before...take away his hot read, or his second option and Rourke will struggle...and look lost like he did yesterday...we took his quick hits away and he was done