Winnipeg Blue Bombers TC 2022

5 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

He’s not locked up.  He’s in the United States.  Who is judging guilt?  There’s no issue with terminology it’s an accusation.  But not going to help in a competitive battle for a roster spot.  The Bombers owe him nothing.

Don’t mistake my comments for a condemnation of the club’s action. They can cut him for whatever reason, and they would certainly like to distance themselves from the allegations. But you ask who is judging guilt? The fans who commented “dumbass”, “good riddance”, “club cut him so he must be guilty”, “police must be checking their database in Hamilton to tie him to other crimes”, etc. 

I have no insight into the club’s internal investigation other than to know they got the complaint from a third party Tuesday evening and cut him a few hours later according to the paper. If they got solid proof that something criminal happened I trust they would go to the police and give their evidence. No idea if any of that happened. But it is plausible that they just didn’t want the negative press from being assocIated to it (like True North when they kept Chevy even though he was formally cleared - the public opinion was less forgiving) and he was an easy cut given training camp and three years away from the game. And anyone can speculate anything positive or negative, it is just disappointing to see comments painting him as guilty before a charge has even been laid or a statement to the police even given. And all because the media has seen fit to keep the complainant anonymous (as they frankly should given the sensitive nature of the charge) but get a quote from her but not offer the same consideration to the target of that complaint who has already had his reputation affected and been pre-judged more than a few on the board with no evidence yet given to the police and no charge even laid yet. If he is found guilty he deserves every bit of condemnation available, but if he is not guilty how does he get back his reputation? I just wish that the press would show some restraint and keep things anonymous since it so clearly has led to some to pre-judge based on an as of yet unproven (or even fully documented to the point of criminal charge) complaint. These are serious complaints and should be taken seriously for the sake of all parties, and not be the subject of the newspaper rumour mill before it has played out. As for the club, again they can cut him for whatever reason so no issue with their actions, but let’s not jump to the conclusion that the ONLY possible explanation for it is that he absolutely did it and it had nothing to do with avoiding bad PR and seeing the path of least resistance rather than suspending with pay pending the completion of the proceedings. 

22 hours ago, bigg jay said:

The article also says the club advised her to go to the cops so it does read as though the police were not initially involved.  

Good for the BB. They are not cops. 

9 hours ago, Tracker said:

Sexual predators rarely have more than one incident. I suspect that police in Hamilton and surrounding areas as well as the place Saunders was living are going to look at unsolved incidents to see if he fits any of them. These things are like pulling on a thread on a sweater- you don't know where you are going to wind up.

Which is why there needs to be a limitation as for how long you can let this **** go for. Cosby 50 f'ing years. Preds dont stop at one. Go to cops asap else you're giving the person get out of jail free card.

4 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I don't think anyone said he was guilty.

No, and they dont really need to. In a public position innocent until proven guilty does NOT apply. You are held to a higher standard. Doesn't matter if youre a stand up comedian and beloved 80s sitcom actor, or mega movie producer, or a pro athlete. 

When an incident like this occurs teams generally launch their own investigation, which is mentioned in the first article. Usually this involves the team getting an un official statement from the player. If the investigation finds an inconsistency / lie in the story, even if it isn't definitive evidence of guilt, youre treated as guilty. 

53 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

There is something really weird about the Saunders story. She apparently gave him a ride home and he was pressing to go into her house for……well you know. If she is driving then why are they at her house? 

Unless I’m hearing this story wrong? 

People can change their minds about their intentions, or someone can cross a line. That's not something would make the story weird imo. 

Admittedly I haven't followed the details at all. 

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

People can change their minds about their intentions, or someone can cross a line. That's not something would make the story weird imo. 

Admittedly I haven't followed the details at all. 

Me neither,I don't even know enough to know I don't know.

4 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

There is something really weird about the Saunders story. She apparently gave him a ride home and he was pressing to go into her house for……well you know. If she is driving then why are they at her house? 

Unless I’m hearing this story wrong? 

It doesn’t matter if she changes her mind when they are already in bed. No means no, stop means stop. Full stop end of story. He he doesn’t like it tough ****, you need to accept it and leave not beat her up. 

On 2022-05-27 at 4:01 PM, TrueBlue4ever said:

Neither does anyone who has already assumed him to be guilty. 

Fun fact:  the presumption of innocence only applies in court.  An employer, or an indivdual is not required to meet that standard.

Edited by WBBFanWest
can't spell for beans

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Sooooo...the Bombers have less Character than before?

2 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Fun fact:  the presumption of innocence only applies in court.  An employer, or an indivdule is not required to meet that standard.

Agreed. Essentially, the new players are on probation and can be released if the colour of their shoelaces clash with their uniforms.

4 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

Fun fact:  the presumption of innocence only applies in court.  An employer, or an indivdual is not required to meet that standard.

It applies to any law enforcement official. Police officers need to abide by it the moment they charge someone.