Winnipeg Blue Bombers TC 2022

Re: Saunders' culpability is irrelevant. Being associated with a player accused of domestic violence when part of league branding is standing up against it is hypocritical.

I have no problem with his release. Part of being a football player is being in the public eye, rightly or wrongly, they are often held to a higher standard than the rest of us.

15 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Any update on whether or not the complainant has given her statement, if charges have been laid or an information sworn yet? Haven’t seen anything from Jeff Hamilton on Twitter or any media release that I have come across. 

Why are your shorts tied up in knots over this?  Saunders is cut & never coming back.

37 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Why are your shorts tied up in knots over this?  Saunders is cut & never coming back.

I’m just asking if there is any update. I have said before and I’ll say again for those who seem to not understand that I have no issue with the club’s actions. I have no feelings about his status as a football player. Not sure why your shorts are in a knot because I am curious what the latest news is from a human standpoint?

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

9 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Any update on whether or not the complainant has given her statement, if charges have been laid or an information sworn yet? Haven’t seen anything from Jeff Hamilton on Twitter or any media release that I have come across. 

I don't think you're going to see any movement with the assailant out of country. 

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

I don't think you're going to see any movement with the assailant out of country. 

Yep. Unlikely to be extradited for this you probably won’t hear about it or him up here again. 

and for all the talk about what went down, it doesn’t seem like a loss. Schoen Jackson and Grant are seemingly all ready to start. 

15 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I’m just asking if there is any update. I have said before and I’ll say again for those who seem to not understand that I have no issue with the club’s actions. I have no feelings about his status as a football player. Not sure why your shorts are in a knot because I am curious what the latest news is from a human standpoint?

I didn't write a one thousand word response to the Saunders situation. I don't care about the guy. he just threw his football career away for being stupid... or worse. My take is the same as always. We have very little luck signing older CFL receivers. Either they don't work out or something is wrong. We've had this problem for years. That's all. 

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

I'm starting to think what can go wrong just might this season. Hope I'm wrong 

Every team has to deal with injuries. 

18 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Wonder if we bring Pipkin in if Prukop stinks it up again.

Seems like a great option. If it were up to me I'd bring in Pipkin rfn. He's started and won games in this league, already more than we can say about Prukop. Prukop has been around a long time and accomplished next to nothing anywhere he's been

32 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Seems like a great option. If it were up to me I'd bring in Pipkin rfn. He's started and won games in this league, already more than we can say about Prukop. Prukop has been around a long time and accomplished next to nothing anywhere he's been

Agreed. Worst case, at 6'3 225lbs he can be your short yardage QB.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

4 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Agreed. Worst case, at 6'3 225lbs he can be your short yardage QB.

Only 2 QB's available on gameday, I think Brown's lack of size is going to hamper him on 3rd down sneaks if they stick with him as backup, O'Shea may have to exercise a bit more caution in calling them.  McGuire, Strev and LeFevour made successful 3rd down sneaks a given, all 3 had good power and size.

10 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Only 2 QB's available on gameday, I think Brown's lack of size is going to hamper him on 3rd down sneaks if they stick with him as backup, O'Shea may have to exercise a bit more caution in calling them.  McGuire, Strev and LeFevour made successful 3rd down sneaks a given, all 3 had good power and size.

Kevin glenn was better than all but Strevy. With a yard off the ball the qb doesn’t need to have great power or be 220. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Yeah, I was thinking about the "Dru Brown Is Too Short For Sneaks" thought last night and I was sincerely wondering (don't remember) who did sneaks for Dunigan and Flutie?? 

Starters did their own sneaks even up to Kevin Glenn times. I think we only started inserting the back-up when Buck Pierce arrived and we wanted to save him the extra pounding. Now it’s standard for the back-up to do the sneaks.