Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

thankfully now that "apparent"scheme can be abolished never to be mentioned again!! That was the biggest load of crap I have ever heard, I have played in a lot of systems and a lot of schemes and that was basically Oshea falling on the sword for Hall and Hurl and covering up for his deficiencies as we had to end up startig him as things didn't pan out with other mlb candidates...and our ratio.

Regarding the one year contracts... the collective bargaining agreement is up for renewal after this season.  

Several players have said the one year contracts were Walter’s idea, so that re-signings would proceed in good faith, under the new agreement.  That’s how you get elite FA’s to come to Winnipeg: contender status, strong locker room culture, and a no BS front office. In light of all this the Durant fiasco has done the most damage to Durant himself.

when i read the tweet that we signed Bighill I was on the crapper at work and let out a loud "Holy S***!!" ... had someone come knock on the door and tell me to keep up the good work lol.

gotta say Walters has done well last few years with some FA's but THIS is the type of signing I've been waiting for, seemingly for decades with various regimes. A highly prized talent from another team coming back to the league and joining the Bombers, not the typical return to their former teams where no doubt a huge level of loyalty may remain (seems to happen a lot with Edmonton and Calgary).  

I'm not sure if there has been any interviews yet but I'd love to hear the breakdown of how this transpired. Did Walters make him an offer he couldn't refuse or did Hervey deem his current LBs more than adequate enough to not even compete for his services.  

2 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

when i read the tweet that we signed Bighill I was on the crapper at work and let out a loud "Holy S***!!" ... had someone come knock on the door and tell me to keep up the good work lol.

gotta say Walters has done well last few years with some FA's but THIS is the type of signing I've been waiting for, seemingly for decades with various regimes. A highly prized talent from another team coming back to the league and joining the Bombers, not the typical return to their former teams where no doubt a huge level of loyalty may remain (seems to happen a lot with Edmonton and Calgary).  

I'm not sure if there has been any interviews yet but I'd love to hear the breakdown of how this transpired. Did Walters make him an offer he couldn't refuse or did Hervey deem his current LBs more than adequate enough to not even compete for his services.  

It is rumored that Hervey, didn't even contacted Bighill camp. Said they were more interested with Awe. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

Thought I saw from a BC writer that Tampa did offer him a contract but he took the Bombers offer over that. Apparently Walters was after him hard once he finished his work out with Bucs. Maybe a guaranteed year of film was worth more than a chance at another 6 months down south.

Call this serendipity. If dbag durant hadnt pulled his junk we wouldnt have bighill now. If loffler playing a deep mid field, bighill in the middle rushing the pass, stuffing the run and covering that short - intermediate zone and JSK at WIL, combined with our killer DTs we are as good as any team in the league up the middle. 

All is well that ends well. And this is a power shifting move for us. We have a db spot or two to iron out, but plenty of vet and talented new comers to fill those spots.  

10 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Call this serendipity. If dbag durant hadnt pulled his junk we wouldnt have bighill now. If loffler playing a deep mid field, bighill in the middle rushing the pass, stuffing the run and covering that short - intermediate zone and JSK at WIL, combined with our killer DTs we are as good as any team in the league up the middle. 

All is well that ends well. And this is a power shifting move for us. We have a db spot or two to iron out, but plenty of vet and talented new comers to fill those spots.  

not just good up the middle, but guys up the middle who will put a hurting on the other team. It's really exciting. If they say a team has to be strong down the middle to be a good defense then honestly we are among the best in the league. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

not just good up the middle, but guys up the middle who will put a hurting on the other team. It's really exciting. If they say a team has to be strong down the middle to be a good defense then honestly we are among the best in the league. 

Even if Bighill is here just for one year, it will give the promising Mr. Gause a chance to learn from one of the best.