2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

7 hours ago, bluto said:

Or, as I trust that most people around here are men of middle age or more, I find it difficult to believe that nobody here has an acquaintance who went through an acrimonious divorce where allegations were made. These things happen in lawsuits. They are common leveraging tools. And the tell is that usually the civil suit is filed and no criminal one is. Because if there's a criminal suit, it always makes the civil one a tap-in. 

Are you trying to tell us that "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"  and that in happens in real life....  Noooooooooooooo waaay!  :D

3 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned here, but Henoc Muamba retired.

One of the better CFL ambassadors we’ve ever had. Always found him to be very personable and likeable.

Soured me the way he floated around doing tours of being wined and dined as a fa dragging his feet on signing with zero interest in competing or being a part of any thing more than a pay check. If he had half the heart, and drive of biggie he’d be a sure fire hofer, might’ve ended up being an nfler with his athleticism and talent. 
 Nice guy sure. But I’ll take an woli over a muamba any day of the week. 
 Is he apart of the cfl pa or some thing? I could see him staying involved in football out side of pro coaching. Maybe even tsn. 

8 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Jim Barker isn't there anymore though. He was a big reason for their scouting success. Barker got to pour over Murphy's database. I am glad those two are not in the front office together anymore. Murphy looks under every rock, and Barker has the knack for finding the best of the lot.

Barker was with Toronto for only one year (2022). A few of his signings were on the Grey Cup team and the 16-2 team, but not many that were solely or mostly attributable to him IMO. The real brains of the Toronto operation is Vince Magri. Their Canadian scouting has been out of this world -- their past four drafts have yielded a ton of roster players, including some starters.   

6 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned here, but Henoc Muamba retired.

One of the better CFL ambassadors we’ve ever had. Always found him to be very personable and likeable.

Muamba always chased a paycheque rather than a championship. He'd rather play for a winless team as long as they paid the most. He could have gone down as one of the greats. Money rather than championships was his priority.

44 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Muamba always chased a paycheque rather than a championship. He'd rather play for a winless team as long as they paid the most. He could have gone down as one of the greats. Money rather than championships was his priority.

In every interview I have seen he has said he did that for his family. Second generation Canadian just wanted to maximize his earnings to take care of his family.