Week 21 - Coddled Kittens @ Back-to-back, reigning, defending, Grey Cup Champions! GDT

JCon

12 hours ago, wbbfan said:

More blind play action double fake with the jet motion to miller too. Miller sold it brilliantly.  

It was Dalton but I agree, the way he sold it was a big reason for it being so successful. Prukop had a few PA that completely fooled some defenders...and also me lol. I was was confused a few times last night lol.

12 hours ago, BaconNBigBlue said:

And another hold not called against BC.

The refs missed a bunch of holding last night.

12 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Maybe it’s just me, but I kind of want to see the khari era thunderbolt w unis as an alternate one day on this great team. 

No, why ruin a good thing?

11 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

As an infrequent throwback I that would be cool. Also, unpopular opinion maybe but I wouldn’t mind the blue helmets from the 90s once in a long while too. 

The blue helmets should be buried and never seen again.

7 hours ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Right on cue, JC Abbott with the 3dn assbleed over how Zach Collaros “just played a whole season on the best team” while trying to justify 9 games of slurping and gagging over a guy who ran up the score on bad Edmonton and TO teams.  Guy has zero clue how whiny he sounds even as he’s still wiping Kid Canada hype spooge off his chin…

Soo soon people forget how this team played especially in the post season before collaros. Look at his record here in meaningful games and tell me another guy has been more outstanding or valuable. 

Loved seeing like 75% of the Sally's over on the BC sideline wearing balaclavas and long sleeves in +12 weather, while all our guys were dressed the same as game one in June lol. Dear god, what are they going to dress like if they make it here for the west final???

210 Bundle Up!!!!!!!!! ideas | inuit people, winter safety, jeremiah johnson???

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Yeah...they tried to.make that some kind of epic triumphant return...and for a professional broadcaster was almost embarrassing to be honest...hardly focused on the actual game and guys we had return...3 very important pieces...but nary a word...

A big part of the joy I had attending the game was that I wouldn't have to listen to the TSN non-stop love for Rourke. I don't think there's any doubt as to his skill level, but to go on and on and forget about other players is inappropriate IMO. 

Felt pretty bad for Lucky when he clearly aggravated / reinjured his ankle. 

Looks like they rushed both of their players back early. 

Yeah, Farhan in the ski gloves made me chuckle last night. ******* BC people....

Jesse's crying about how we all need to be more excited for Rourke's impact on the league makes me want to re-post a thought I had earlier in the season as to why I'm most "meh" about Rourke: 

They talk about Rourke accomplishing all he has this season "as a Canadian", as if being born in Canada somehow makes it special. It's not nationality that makes successful Canadian QBs special....it's where you played your formative years. Rourke went down to the US early, played prep school ball down there and then through the NCAA. He is no different than any US QB that has come up here...he just happens to have been born in Canada. 

If you want to get excited about a "Canadian QB", then it's Tre Ford you should be excited about....born, raised, trained and CIS all the way. If HE can be successful up here, then THAT'S a story. But Rourke is just another American with the right birth certificate......no different than Cahoon or Woogie or whoever.

That's why I am sick of hearing about Rourke...

2 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Loved seeing like 75% of the Sally's over on the BC sideline wearing balaclavas and long sleeves in +12 weather, while all our guys were dressed the same as game one in June lol. Dear god, what are they going to dress like if they make it here for the west final???

210 Bundle Up!!!!!!!!! ideas | inuit people, winter safety, jeremiah johnson???

......where the hell did you get that picture of me in the 50's...lol.....I remember getting suited up like that and when I finally got to school took forever to get all that stuff off............I was warm getting there though

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Yeah, Farhan in the ski gloves made me chuckle last night. ******* BC people....

Jesse's crying about how we all need to be more excited for Rourke's impact on the league makes me want to re-post a thought I had earlier in the season as to why I'm most "meh" about Rourke: 

They talk about Rourke accomplishing all he has this season "as a Canadian", as if being born in Canada somehow makes it special. It's not nationality that makes successful Canadian QBs special....it's where you played your formative years. Rourke went down to the US early, played prep school ball down there and then through the NCAA. He is no different than any US QB that has come up here...he just happens to have been born in Canada. 

If you want to get excited about a "Canadian QB", then it's Tre Ford you should be excited about....born, raised, trained and CIS all the way. If HE can be successful up here, then THAT'S a story. But Rourke is just another American with the right birth certificate......no different than Cahoon or Woogie or whoever.

That's why I am sick of hearing about Rourke...

And I couldn’t care less where Rourke is from (though I understand that the Canadian bit adds to his marketability).

It was just legit exciting to have a potential new starter in the league who is young. He was on pace to break records as a first year starter. That is a good thing. Without him, Zach is literally the only good QB in the entire league. 

The league needs new QBs. That’s all. If a random American guy comes up and is on pace to break Flutie’s yards and TD records, he’d get a butt kid of press too.

And no one needs to act like Farhan around here, but suggesting Rourke sucks or other crap trying to lessen his accomplishments is something I’d expect to see on riderfans.

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

He doesnt suck...but he hasnt proven anything yet....could tho...or not

And "on pace" rarely translates to finished results...oliveria after 6 games was on pace for 600 yards rushing and no TDs

We haven’t seen 9 games like that for decades. I’m never seen it. 

I’m sorry, that does prove something. He still has to prove he can stay healthy and adjust to teams planning around him - but he’s destroyed pretty much every test he’s faced so far (and yes, I understand we crushed him - this isn’t a BC vs Winnipeg debate - We are clearly the superior team).

8 minutes ago, bustamente said:

I was in BC for the Bombers match, absolutely beautiful weather for the season 17-20 for the week that I was there and there were people walking around in heavy coats. 

Yeah people get soft to cold when they live in places like that.  Can recall being in Vancouver and Arizona where locals were wearing layers and I was in shorts and t-shirt.  In Arizona we were loving the outdoor pool while everyone else was in jackets. 

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Buck spent most of Prukops time showing different things... now everyone has to dedicate more time to our prukop packages in short yardage. Brilliant. 

I remember early in the year how brutal he looked on sneaks. Never getting low and barely moving the ball. Our coaching is impeccable.

5 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Soo soon people forget how this team played especially in the post season before collaros. Look at his record here in meaningful games and tell me another guy has been more outstanding or valuable. 

Collaros career win-loss is now 61-36… and 32-4 with the Bombers including Grey Cups. Feels like the dynasty is young and yet Zach already has more wins in Blue and Gold than all his other teams combined 🤯

1 hour ago, Mr. Perfect said:

I remember early in the year how brutal he looked on sneaks. Never getting low and barely moving the ball. Our coaching is impeccable.

Prukop honestly reminds me of Streveler a little bit when he runs, he’s fast, strong, shifty, bounces off of contact and what I like about him is even though he’s a QB that is designed to come in and run mostly he keeps his eyes down field on actual passing plays. 

5 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

What an exciting way to cap off the regular season last night. 15 wins, milestones galore, honouring Poplawski, and some beautiful weather.

It is indeed a very, very good time to be a fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Class of the ******* league.

flagship franchise.