Week 21 - Coddled Kittens @ Back-to-back, reigning, defending, Grey Cup Champions! GDT

JCon

I predict a packed house full of Rourke groupies. People who can't get tickets will risk life and limb scaling the walls to get a glimpse of the legend that is Rourke. Women will tear each other apart trying to get his towel. Men will take out second mortgages to buy his game worn jersey. We are so lucky to be graced with his presence if only for a quarter

44 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

I predict a packed house full of Rourke groupies. People who can't get tickets will risk life and limb scaling the walls to get a glimpse of the legend that is Rourke. Women will tear each other apart trying to get his towel. Men will take out second mortgages to buy his game worn jersey. We are so lucky to be graced with his presence if only for a quarter

Found Farhan's burner. ;) 

20 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

. Wish the haters could pick a lane, lol. 

Whatever lane they take...it's headed for the ditch ....Far too much time taken up by a player who is just a 'might be'....orrrrr could be a 'never was'...Take away the hype and there's very little substance....When it comes down to it and in reality he hasn't done  anything in this league....Maybe for lion's fans....here ...not so much

Edited by Stickem

let's............*******............ goooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Tired of hearing about Rourke. Only concerned about Nov 13. Win would be nice, but I fully expect heavy scoops of vanilla on both sides of the ball, so we'll see what happens. I'm just very very very excited to park my fat ass in my recliner in the basement with a 1919 and do some yelling and screaming. 

Let's go Bluuuuuuuuuuueee!!  #FortHew #DefendTheFort

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Wait, I’m confused. So is he vastly overrated? Because on the other thread everyone is saying how he’s going to garner massive interest and break the bank with his contract or get an NFL look automatically. Wish the haters could pick a lane, lol. 

When you put context to what people are saying there's really not a lot of lane switching going on. Please, and feel free to use Google, name a CFL starting QB who has made less than 100k and put up the #'s he has? He is going to get a raise and there will be interest. That doesn't mean the non stop hand jobs from the media aren't getting to be a bit much.

2 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

was on the tsn app...clicked winnipeg blue bombers....first three stories all about Rourke, even though I had clicked on the Bombers!

3 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Make no mistake. The majority of non-playoff team cfl fans and commentators want Nathan Rourke and the BC Lions to win this year's Grey Cup.

But the Bombers know what it takes to win it and are the better team.

thats the thing...which is big...we have 2 yrs now under our belt with knowing what to expect...how to win, and not be flustered...with basically 3/4's of our roster...will take an epic bed crapping in my opinion to blow it....and we did that in last yrs WF and still won....don't see it happening in back to back WF's at home

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Wait, I’m confused. So is he vastly overrated? Because on the other thread everyone is saying how he’s going to garner massive interest and break the bank with his contract or get an NFL look automatically. Wish the haters could pick a lane, lol. 

He can be a good qb worthy of an NFL look and massive raise and still be over rated you know.

But again, don't cut yourself on all that edge you're posting with.

interesting tidbit from Our Man Tait: 

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/10/28/game-preview-bc-vs-wpg-5/?utm_source=dlvr.it

Take note: Winnipeg’s depth chart features a significant change at the linebacker position, with Shayne Gauthier starting at middle linebacker and Adam Bighill moving to the weak-side linebacker position.

“For us middle linebacker and the weak-side linebacker… it doesn’t make a lot of difference in our defence. He’ll play both,” said Blue Bombers head coach Mike O’Shea. “It has to go on the paper (depth chart) somewhere. He’ll play both. Shayne, Malik (Clements)… you’re going to see all sorts of guys playing different spots.”

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

interesting tidbit from Our Man Tait: 

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/10/28/game-preview-bc-vs-wpg-5/?utm_source=dlvr.it

Take note: Winnipeg’s depth chart features a significant change at the linebacker position, with Shayne Gauthier starting at middle linebacker and Adam Bighill moving to the weak-side linebacker position.

“For us middle linebacker and the weak-side linebacker… it doesn’t make a lot of difference in our defence. He’ll play both,” said Blue Bombers head coach Mike O’Shea. “It has to go on the paper (depth chart) somewhere. He’ll play both. Shayne, Malik (Clements)… you’re going to see all sorts of guys playing different spots.”

which prompts the question, "why change it then?"