Redblacks at Back2Back Champs GDT

Nolby

6 minutes ago, Piggy 1 said:

Ive never heard Duane Ford actually cheering against the Bombers till today.....sad to hear .

That PI challenge & his blatant cheering for Ottawa to win that challenge was pathetic. Forde never mentioned the headshot to Schoen which was so obvious. What a serious non call. That could have been a bad head injury as I felt he was targeted. Any high shot like that should be a 15 yard penalty. Schoen was lucky. Hopefully Zach Collaros is okay. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, Wideleft said:

I'm guessing Rose told himself during halftime that he can't rest on his laurels.

Love the guy and predict he gets 2 picks in the second half.

Turns out Rose was hot garbage in the 2nd half too.  I get the feeling he was trying to play 2 different positions when he should have been concentrating on one.

Not worried about him at all.

Dru Brown was awesome in the frying pan.  Total respect for him.

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

That PI challenge & his blatant cheering for Ottawa to win was pathetic. Forde never mentioned the headshot to Schoen which was so obvious. What a serious non call. That could have been a bad head injury as I felt he was targeted. Any high shot like that should be a 15 yard penalty. Schoen was lucky. Hopefully Zach Collaros is okay. 

Yep I love the CFL but in the NFL both would have been callled because they know how to protect their players.

That's what good teams do...or find way to win when they clearly were second best on the night

Offence seemed out of sync for periods of time...I gonna chalk that up to starters real first game all together

I think Johnny needs to be feature back..and Brady as the change of pace guy to start the season.

Rose was bad....shitt happens...I'm sure just an anomaly but can't get BA back soon enough...Rutledge gonna be a stud...for first game showed really well.

Wilson is a stud...so underated but can say prob best WIL in the league

When Jeffcoat is back...we will be just fine...

Schoen is gonna be really good...just wait till he has more games under his belt...Ellingson as advertised too

I bet next week is a totally diff game and result...and we coast to a win..u know our vets are not impressed with how they played

3 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Turns out Rose was hot garbage in the 2nd half too.  I get the feeling he was trying to play 2 different positions when he should have been concentrating on one.

Not worried about him at all.

Dru Brown was awesome in the frying pan.  Total respect for him.

Agree...I think Rose was also trying to favour the middle...or keep eye on it...safety play was bad....not worried about Rose or defense backfield 

Just now, Brandon said:

I don't know why people are making excuses for Rose?  Watch the replay the guy bit hard each time on Acklins moves and was flat out beat.    I hope it was just a bad day but he was getting absolutely owned today.   

Difference between getting beat and getting beat BAD.  Rose had a rough go, tonight....

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I don't know why people are making excuses for Rose?  Watch the replay the guy bit hard each time on Acklins moves and was flat out beat.    I hope it was just a bad day but he was getting absolutely owned today.   

I wonder if he's not still a bit knicked up.  He went from a walking boot to practising in a couple days.  

Yeah Rose was bad and picked on all night. I expect he will bounce back, and the D did tighten up in the 2nd half. 

Offense needs to be better, but when you don't play them in the preseason that's to be expected. I do wonder if we have enough of a deep threat, but Ellingson and Schoen looked good out there. Bailey and Demski will be fine. So I expect better next week. 

4 hours ago, Booch said:

Agree...I think Rose was also trying to favour the middle...or keep eye on it...safety play was bad....not worried about Rose or defense backfield 

Taylor should be in at s in the next game. Won’t be he should. Mos  loves slow sub replacement level Canadian safeties. 

yeah rose was trying to do too much. I have no doubt he and jy will have much fixed for the next game. 

I didn’t see him a ton in coverage especially as the game wore on but Rutledge looked great coming up making plays and getting in on the run game too. 

if Brady is banged up, I know he came back but didn’t look 100, borsa should be called back quick fast and in a hurry. 

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

The dig and go yup...can't deny that one...

Well they dont ask how, just how many, but that was fugly. That really should have been a loss. I think that game has woken the boys up though and put them in a salty mood. Ive got a feeling were going to lay a sh** stomping on Ottawa next week.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

2 hours ago, Booch said:

But...all that matters is 1-0...like I said...good teams win when they play not up to standard....that was a game like so many times before where we are on losing end like Ottawa was when we were finding our way still...not worried unless next week is more of the same

I remember last year when our rookie DB's had a rough opening game and then did a complete 180 and did great for the rest of the season.   

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I remember last year when our rookie DB's had a rough opening game and then did a complete 180 and did great for the rest of the season.   

Against Masoli as well wasn't it? That guy has given the Bombers tough games the last little while for whatever reason. 

Classic Lapo game though.  Just good enough to barely lose. That clock management at the end of the first half was LOL.

Wasn't pretty, but they don't have to be! 1-0. 

Hope all 3 areas get their **** together and fast cause that effort won't bring many more Ws.

Just a quick question....is holding still a penalty in the CFL?

22 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Against Masoli as well wasn't it? That guy has given the Bombers tough games the last little while for whatever reason. 

Classic Lapo game though.  Just good enough to barely lose. That clock management at the end of the first half was LOL.

I think it was their last drive, 2 and long....dig route to Adams that comes up 3 yards short!! Lol

Not to pile on but even last year when Rose became available I wasn't sure Jones should have come out of the lineup. That D was all time great so I questioned the need to change anything even for an all star like him. I felt even then that Rose became our weakest link in the secondary from that point onward (though it never got as bad as last night). Still cheering for the guy 100% and hope he regains his 2019 form for us.

Edited by Blue_Dragoon

31 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

It was ugly and I be honest I thought we were hooped when Collaros had to go out but man did Brown step up and a win is a win. I like that Brown got that experience, huge for the future. Rutledge looked good too. Rose and Glass had rough nights. We miss Jeffcoat. A plus is that we did only give up 17.

The Bombers looked rusty and the thought has to cross your mind , "  should they have played the vets in the preseason more ? " BUT on the other hand ,how important were those games for Dru Brown ? Did that confidence he showed in that drive to win the game come from his time in preseason ? Bottom line is we racked up a win

Edited by the watcher

Brown came in and got it done...had to be a lot of pressure and the kid came through....I hope Zack is going to be alright.....I posted before the game about qbs. taking off BUT in this case Collaros was justified....We had to pick up that first down and he saw an opening and took it....Should have slid but maybe he wouldn't have had enough to move the sticks....All in all a football play you have to make....As for Brown....he brought it....zipped the ball where it had to go which proved to be the two colours undoing....Didn't like some of those shots we were taking and not getting called....Trying to knock Schoen's head off was a huge miss by the refs....Bull$hit like that can't  be part of the game,,,In any event we pulled it off ....TSN can start up Ford and drop him off at the edge of town...biased play colour man that is weak at best....Sounds half dead to me on most broadcasts....Get someone with more life tsn and that actually sees two clubs on the field

20 minutes ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

Not to pile on but even last year when Rose became available I wasn't sure Jones should have come out of the lineup. That D was all time great so I questioned the need to change anything even for an all star like him. I felt even then that Rose became our weakest link in the secondary from that point onward (though it never got as bad as last night). Still cheering for the guy 100% and hope he regains his 2019 form for us.

I don't like making excuses for players but wasn't Rose in a walking boot not long ago...Could be he's not a 100 percent