Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Blue_Dragoon

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Blue_Dragoon

  1. O-line generally looked a lot better today. Not perfect but better. Also, if this was Zach’s last home game in Winnipeg then what a show he put on for the fans.
  2. Sure looked like it.
  3. Inside of the 3 minute warning it is an automatic kickoff. The team who got scored on doesn’t get the choice.
  4. Why was Singer benched behind Corcoran and Cobb all year again?
  5. I experienced that years ago in 2008. I had been there for many years prior but have never gone again after that year.
  6. Why has Singer been stuck behind Cobb and Corcoran all year again?
  7. Jovon Johnson?
  8. Offer him a minimum contract with a lot of potential performance bonuses. If he lights it up he gets paid, if he doesn’t he hasn’t cost much. Either way I can’t see him being worse than Cobb. And if he won’t accept a contract like that, then to heck with him.
  9. Dru Brown, who was already physically ailing, made himself vulnerable in order to get close to a first down on the play where he got injured against BC. Say what you want about his play but I’m not going to question his determination or heart.
  10. I'm also of the mind that the D wasn't the problem last night. Just off my head they had to overcome four interceptions, a blocked punt and a kick return touchdown which ran up the score through no fault of their own. I actually thought they did pretty well to mitigate the damage of all of these gaffes on O and special teams. Yes, Adams threw for over 300 yards, but that is actually not that bad with the state of the game league wide this year. They also kept a top 3 running back in Mills in check until the game was already decided. The busted coverages were bad, but on the whole I don't see the Bomber D as the issue at all last night. Special teams and the O were far worse.
  11. I think people were fine not blowing the bank on those three because we were expecting the money saved to be used towards the betterment of the team in other areas. Then the improvements in other areas never seemed to happen.
  12. Don’t we have Peterson under contract for next year already? Probably at a very cap friendly rate too, I expect. If Brady wants too much is there any chance we could roll with him as our #1? It lets us keep the ratio at that position and we could use the extra money to shore up more pressing weaknesses. In fact a backfield of Peterson and MCI doesn’t sound too bad at all.
  13. Great thread. I thought I'd share my thoughts now that we are a week removed from the game. I've actually been able to be pretty positive after the disappointing loss and I thought that maybe if I shared my reasons for that other people might be inspired as well. Everything you said was true Zach. These were all feelings I experienced to psychologically devastating effects in 2001, 2007 and 2011. This time was different though. This time we are coming off of back to back Grey Cup victories. This time instead of feeling crushed by losing the one big game I am elated that we won the previous two. I've been able to focus on all of the positives. The many, many positives. Having the most wins in the whole league since 2016, winning 2 straight cups, dominating our home games, having the best record in the league for two straight seasons, etc. The dynasty would have been epic beyond words but not getting the threepeat doesn't diminish what we have to celebrate. What every other team in the league wishes they had. In short, I'm having the best time of my life as a Bomber fan and the offseason can't end soon enough. I'll see you all at IGF in 2023. Go Blue!!!
  14. Agreed. Toronto was the better team today unfortunately.
  15. That play was just a mess. There were two receivers in the same area too which is never good.
  16. The one on Kelly looked like it was going to get picked by Nichols, possibly for 6, if he didn't deflect it too. Not that he could have known that.
  17. This seems like an overreaction. Bad game but the team has been great and I hope they all come back (minus Legghio).
  18. I watched the play again in slow motion and it sure looked like it was hooking left before it even got blocked. I don’t think it had a chance of going through.
  19. Have to wonder how hurt he actually was. You are right, that is the worst he has looked for us.
  20. These have been the three greatest seasons of being a fan and not even this can ruin that. See you guys at IGF next year.
  21. Good three year run. See you guys next year.
  22. They mean the offending player. If a player gets two misconduct penalties they get automatically ejected.
  23. Can’t you decide to apply these penalties on the kickoff if you make the convert?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.