Redblacks at Back2Back Champs GDT

Nolby

8 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Nah.  Richie Hall’s defense made this team a contender.  The turnovers have been consistent since he joined.  The D held us in every game while the O was hit or miss.  And then with the right group of players the D was all-time dominant.

Even in this game with some breakdowns there’s no win if the D doesn’t get a two and out to get the ball back under the 3 minute warning.

yup...D was solid if not spectacular and got it done when needed....6 points total second half.....stopped that 3rd and 1...got ball back with no points scored on them at end to cement the win...they will only get better as they are....and lights out again when BA and Jeffcoat are back

2 hours ago, BBlink said:

I'm not even sure what you could do. Every position group minus the linebackers were not championship level. (receivers were okay). It was the first game though.

Getting Jeffcoat and Alexander back would be huge, but it's hard to say when that'll happen.

I think O'Shea is going to go with what he has, make corrections, and go into Ottawa with the same team but getting more out of everyone

Taylor to S Houston into his spot. Roll 7 ni. Activate Dobson and sit kola. Then hope to high he’ll jeffcoat is healthy and start looking for a nt maybe drake nevis. 

20 minutes ago, Booch said:

yup...D was solid if not spectacular and got it done when needed....6 points total second half.....stopped that 3rd and 1...got ball back with no points scored on them at end to cement the win...they will only get better as they are....and lights out again when BA and Jeffcoat are back

The question is how long is ba out how quick will he be physically sharp after he’s healthy and will he recover 100% I remember when we were just waiting for mo to get healthy at S too

14 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Taylor to S Houston into his spot. Roll 7 ni. Activate Dobson and sit kola. Then hope to high he’ll jeffcoat is healthy and start looking for a nt maybe drake nevis. 

The question is how long is ba out how quick will he be physically sharp after he’s healthy and will he recover 100% I remember when we were just waiting for mo to get healthy at S too

I forgot for a second that we are running 8 NI. I think that makes sense. Taylor should know how to play safety by now. Houston would have to step up to play his spot. If any injuries pop up then we'd have to go back to Canadian safety but NABD.

Do you think Dobson is ready? I think that's the medium term solution. It may not be the short term.

1 hour ago, BBlink said:

I forgot for a second that we are running 8 NI. I think that makes sense. Taylor should know how to play safety by now. Houston would have to step up to play his spot. If any injuries pop up then we'd have to go back to Canadian safety but NABD.

Do you think Dobson is ready? I think that's the medium term solution. It may not be the short term.

Think the limitation on that 6th OL spot is the requirement of someone to be the backup centre.

4 hours ago, BBlink said:

Dobson could start on a few teams pretty easy and improve them. He’s 100% ready to at least take over Eli’s 6th ol heavy package role. We need earth movers for the tight and short yardage package. from the preseason game I think he could start at guard in this league and he one of the best run blockers. 

I would think the 8th ni is to get an extra di so we can run two imp back up des for jj and still have both sayles and walker to rotate at dt. But we could start an imp at s and go with the ni dbs instead of Houston as a di. 

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Think the limitation on that 6th OL spot is the requirement of someone to be the backup centre.

that’s what I suspect too though Dobson had a few starts at c in college last year. He started every where but LT. 
 I suspect the concern is making the jump to the pros and the yard off the ball adjustment while playing out of his natural position.  He could be a center long term if they groom him for it. His recognition and pick up are tremendous of course he’s also incredibly quick and explosive. 

Edited by wbbfan

17 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Dobson could start on a few teams pretty easy and improve them. He’s 100% ready to at least take over Eli’s 6th ol heavy package role. We need earth movers for the tight and short yardage package. from the preseason game I think he could start at guard in this league and he one of the best run blockers. 

I would think the 8th ni is to get an extra di so we can run two imp back up des for jj and still have both sayles and walker to rotate at dt. But we could start an imp at s and go with the ni dbs instead of Houston as a di. 

You don't gain a DI from having more Canadians in the starting lineup.  You gain a bit more flexibility to backfill an injury if you're set up to play 2 Canadians each snap on D but on paper only have to put 1 on the field, but really you're just playing one of your American starters less.

On 2022-06-10 at 10:33 PM, JuranBoldenRules said:

Have no idea why you wouldn't run Jefferson right up the middle on that last play.  They aren't throwing out wide.

Interesting. Maybe didn’t want to take him out if the play if screened over his head. Masoli has shown knack for that. How out wide was Jefferson tho?

2 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Any update on ZC? Was he taken out just as a precaution or will he be out this week??

Looked like he was ready to go back on the field after the mandatory 3 plays that he sat off while he got checked out.  Pretty sure they just left Dru Brown in because it was for 2 handoffs.

4 minutes ago, Sard said:

Looked like he was ready to go back on the field after the mandatory 3 plays that he sat off while he got checked out.  Pretty sure they just left Dru Brown in because it was for 2 handoffs.

Yes, that's exactly what happened. Zach tried to run back on but was called back because they were running plays. 

Whether or not they were running plays, I was good with keeping Collaros out the rest of the night. From my seat in 226, Collaros looked like he was on another planet after that hit. It was more than a little concerning. Hoping he's alright, long term...

51 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Whether or not they were running plays, I was good with keeping Collaros out the rest of the night. From my seat in 226, Collaros looked like he was on another planet after that hit. It was more than a little concerning. Hoping he's alright, long term...

Agreed, I saw as soon as he got up from the hit that he looked a little unsteady on his feet.  I was very happy to see that he got pulled from the game after that hit.  When he went to go back on the field, he looked a lot more steady.

1 minute ago, Sard said:

Agreed, I saw as soon as he got up from the hit that he looked a little unsteady on his feet.  I was very happy to see that he got pulled from the game after that hit.  When he went to go back on the field, he looked a lot more steady.

It would have been a black mark on the CFL if he stayed in. I was surprised and a little disappointed that the Bombers pull him. 

58 minutes ago, JCon said:

It would have been a black mark on the CFL if he stayed in. I was surprised and a little disappointed that the Bombers pull him. 

Pulling him might have been the best thing to do. He looked groggy. In saturdays game, watching Fajardo get nailed in the head then leaving him in was a bit of a mystery to me. 

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Found the guy who's ready for the Dru Brown era. 🤣

I'd take losing every game this year vs Zach Collaros getting perma-fried from a bad hit and impacting his post-football life. Having said that, hopefully we can keep him safe the rest of the way, and it's all a moo point...

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'd take losing every game this year vs Zach Collaros getting perma-fried from a bad hit and impacting his post-football life. Having said that, hopefully we can keep him safe the rest of the way, and it's all a moo point...

Last year, privately, the possibility of Collaros receiving his last, catastrophic brain injury certainly crossed my mind. 

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah in all seriousness for the amount of time Collaros was down after that play I hope that officiating crew gets in **** for not stopping play and calling out the AT's.

At that point, if we went on to lose, it would have been understandable. High point, the coaches had the next guy ready and we won. 

1 hour ago, Rod Black said:

Pulling him might have been the best thing to do. He looked groggy. In saturdays game, watching Fajardo get nailed in the head then leaving him in was a bit of a mystery to me. 

the rule is to remove/protect quarterbacks....nuff said lol

18 minutes ago, Booch said:

the rule is to remove/protect quarterbacks....nuff said lol

Totally agree with what happened with the situation here in Winnipeg with ZC, player safety.

But, reading the 3 down nations article on the play in Regina, what made the situation different a day later, whereas there was no need for the removal of the player for 3 plays, under safety protocol rules. As the writeup reads "the hit resulted in an unnecessary roughness penalty allowing the Roughriders to gain 15 yards in the second quarter, Fajardo was very slow to get up but managed to stay on the field and not miss any snaps, leading his team to a 30-13 win. Afterwards, he described how the hit affected his game. I was dealing with a little bit of an injury. " What the heck is a little bit of an injury, is my first question?

I'm glad that ZC was taken out of the game and was looked at immediately after the hit, as was seen on the sidelines. I missed the early portion of Sask/Ham game, including this so called hit on Fajardo but something is not the same here and just wondering if any of you saw the difference. Sorry, I saw the later portion of the 3rd and 4th quarters and seeing the Rider shenanigans by their #'s 1 & 5 is enough, watching a replay not for me.

21 minutes ago, camper_2 said:

Totally agree with what happened with the situation here in Winnipeg with ZC, player safety.

But, reading the 3 down nations article on the play in Regina, what made the situation different a day later, whereas there was no need for the removal of the player for 3 plays, under safety protocol rules. As the writeup reads "the hit resulted in an unnecessary roughness penalty allowing the Roughriders to gain 15 yards in the second quarter, Fajardo was very slow to get up but managed to stay on the field and not miss any snaps, leading his team to a 30-13 win. Afterwards, he described how the hit affected his game. I was dealing with a little bit of an injury. " What the heck is a little bit of an injury, is my first question?

I'm glad that ZC was taken out of the game and was looked at immediately after the hit, as was seen on the sidelines. I missed the early portion of Sask/Ham game, including this so called hit on Fajardo but something is not the same here and just wondering if any of you saw the difference. Sorry, I saw the later portion of the 3rd and 4th quarters and seeing the Rider shenanigans by their #'s 1 & 5 is enough, watching a replay not for me.

Your right. There was some difference in each qb’s immediate reaction, but both hits were injurious - particularily based on CF’s comments and Zac placing his helmet on backwards when he got up. Ok, he didn’t do that, but he was altered. Zac looked more deranged imho. 

There seems to be ...let's say, a 'little uneveness' in officiating in the games played so far....Fajardo should have definitely sat for 3 plays....if anything to make sure he hadn't sustained a more serious injury.....The guy was writhing on the ground, for cripes sake, after that late hit  ...The hit on Schoen was definitely a missed call and could have resulted in a serious injury...Those were blatant misses and there were a few more borderline calls missed....I know you can't expect perfection out of the refs. but for cripes sake, missing the obvious is not acceptable