Week (7) of E(l)ks at Bombers

JCon

53 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Losses have been so rare lately it is easy to forget what this place is like after them. Yeah there's some issues and yeah there's some things that make you go "what?" But the sky isn't falling just yet. 

But if the sky was falling I'm not sure anyone would care about the Bombers 

2 hours ago, Rod Black said:

Tomorrow night is the 17th anniversary of another winnipeg Edmonton game. 

I remember being at my gfs place, watching this at something like close to 1139 ish. Her Mom and brother were sleeping (don't know how, the house had no ac) and I screamed when Stegall caught that, woke all up

34 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I remember being at my gfs place, watching this at something like close to 1139 ish. Her Mom and brother were sleeping (don't know how, the house had no ac) and I screamed when Stegall caught that, woke all up

I recollect seeing the video of Machocha watching the play develop and through to finish. It was quite the laugh. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Losses have been so rare lately it is easy to forget what this place is like after them. Yeah there's some issues and yeah there's some things that make you go "what?" But the sky isn't falling just yet. 

Is it the losses or the **** managing of the GameDay roster? 

I'm more or less over the loss to the ALLCAPS, I'm pissy about the GameDay roster. 

12 hours ago, Booch said:

sadly I hope they beat us

m79sb.jpg

12 hours ago, Mike said:

I hate to say it, because it seems like such a ridiculous idea and I know it’s never gonna happen anyways but … if O’Shea is going to just blatantly handcuff our roster with his stubbornness and overall mismanagement, are we going to let him just because he won two Grey Cups? Or is Miller actually going to step in and do something? At what point do you tell O’Shea get your **** together or thank you for your services but they are no longer needed?

SmugPlainBudgie-max-1mb.gif

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

Have any local sports media asked O'Shea about the roster choices?  I'm guessing radio no longer has a coach's show or anything for someone to ask? 

There is still a Monday coaches show, an edited commercial free version is posted as a podcast every Tuesday. Just search Blue Bomber Podcast on your favourite podcast service and you should have access.

No real answer “They’re the best in the league” is what he said about his o-line this week. Might be true but didn’t answer the question…

11 hours ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

I think with what is on that roster we just very well may have the worst defensive front seven in the league.....when you look at starters and depth I think it would be hard to find one worse.

I am really concerned with only Bennet as a DE to rotate....I just can't make sense of how thin we are

no...that IS the worst front 7 in that form right now...It's almost Embarrassing to be honest. Save for Biggie and the Jeff's.....Mauro, and Kramdi as book ends to Biggie is a joke and if that the best we can trot out there, or the staff truly thinks they are better (which they are not but its a case of they have been here 3 yrs now more or less) then we have serious issues, and really screwed up level of depth here, and quality player, or ones worth developing on our PR...total mismanagement there.

Nothing wrong with the Jeff's...But they will be worn right out as they will have to play Lions share of reps...and thats where injuries happen...Bennett...soon to be 27...is useless and show absolutely nothing and was the stupidest first pick..Thats Mack level incompetence....and if Osh said to Kyle thats who he wanted not sure how to justify that...ever consider that at 26 yrs old, against 18 to 22 yr olds he may have seemed better than what he was??

Walker the jury is out, but if the last 2 games is what he is...then I'm okay with that...But Thomas is done....almost to the point he should be on the PR or IR to allow some talent to develop on the roster behind Lawson....If you look at the dline draft picks this yr...there are several that are doing quite well taken well after Bennett, and the 2 other schmucks we took

I can't see a team in the league where Mauro..Thomas..Kramdi would start...even due to injuries, nor do I see one where Bennett would be a consistent game day roster player....that right there is really concerning....considering we have absolutely nothing behind those guys to use on the PR and in a few instances have a couple guys (Cole/Fox/Karamoka) who we could...but choose not to and its flat out because they haven't been here very long....or we just cant evaluate talent anymore...not sure what it is but it is slowly turning this team into a mess

7 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Is it the losses or the **** managing of the GameDay roster? 

I'm more or less over the loss to the ALLCAPS, I'm pissy about the GameDay roster. 

this....or should be this....and you cant not link the losses tis yr directly to that....that and some gawd awful game plans lately

7 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

m79sb.jpg

call it dumb all you want....but it is the only thing that will give whoever it is that needs the kick in the onions to make the obvious changes or tweaks...looking thru the blue glasses and saying all is good and its not that bad because it's the Bombers is just as bad and oblivious to the issues....I support the team more than anyone, and have direct link to a lot of aspects to players here and the team, as well as elsewhere...and its not an "oh the sky is falling thing" due to a few losses...it's the fact we are in regression and have been for a lil bit here, and a lot of it is Coach created...but nobody wants to admit it

57 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

There is still a Monday coaches show, an edited commercial free version is posted as a podcast every Tuesday. Just search Blue Bomber Podcast on your favourite podcast service and you should have access.

No real answer “They’re the best in the league” is what he said about his o-line this week. Might be true but didn’t answer the question…

that would be a waste of breath by whoever asked as we all know how Osh would answer...and a lot of times answers almost in a sarcastic manner...not even answering the question....

24 minutes ago, Booch said:

...looking thru the blue glasses and saying all is good and its not that bad because it's the Bombers is just as bad and oblivious to the issues....

So much middle ground between 'I don't like this roster lately' and 'I hope this team loses'

God I hope this team can pull put a win so some folks can exhale around here.

Remember when someone got laughed at for apologizing before disagreeing with Booch? Lol I think I see why now

to be honest dont really care what people think about my opinion/comment or feel need to apologize...I would rather take an embarrasing loss and wake up call now, then fizzle out with a loss in Nov that was a direct result of letting this fester...all I'm sayin

9 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I have memorabilia from every team in the league in some form btw....extinct and current clubs...so thanks for the link but I have my own ways and means to get things

11 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Walter is always looking to improve. Has made moves later in the season the last few years.

Here's hoping. It's weird to me how his talent acquisition goes in cycles. For years we complained about quality American receivers. Now we're good there, but really lacking in DE's and DT's. Haven't really hit on any for a while. And our depth at that position might be league worst. 

44 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

So we really think Kyle Walters is going to let things fester all year? Guy has always been proactive about his roster. 

I think he will step in...or at least make some suggestions....I have faith in him

1 minute ago, M.Silverback said:

Here's hoping. It's weird to me how his talent acquisition goes in cycles. For years we complained about quality American receivers. Now we're good there, but really lacking in DE's and DT's. Haven't really hit on any for a while. And our depth at that position might be league worst. 

thing is tho....He can bring in NFL all-stars but if Osh chooses not to keep them...play them...PR them...then all that work is for nothing

1 hour ago, MOBomberFan said:

So much middle ground between 'I don't like this roster lately' and 'I hope this team loses'

God I hope this team can pull put a win so some folks can exhale around here.

Remember when someone got laughed at for apologizing before disagreeing with Booch? Lol I think I see why now

I never hope they lose. 

9 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

m79sb.jpg

I remember when people called me dumb for saying the Argos would be a better team than us this year.

I remember when people also called me dumb because I said O’Shea’s roster management was going to cost us games this year.

Maybe people should stop calling opinions dumb just because they don’t like hearing them. 

I really think we need to take a breath and calm down. We are still missing a couple of players on D due to injuries, and it looks to me like changes will be happening after the bye week on the injury front.

I don't know the exact number, but practice roster players are making VERY little money, and it certainly stands to reason that guys will decline a spot and get released rather than staying.

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

I remember when people called me dumb for saying the Argos would be a better team than us this year.

I remember when people also called me dumb because I said O’Shea’s roster management was going to cost us games this year.

Maybe people should stop calling opinions dumb just because they don’t like hearing them. 

Right now they are a better team  - but I am more worried about what this team looks like at the end of the year. 

FTR - I may have disagreed that they were better. I don’t think I called anyone stupid for thinking it. 

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

What games have we lost because of roster management? I agree with your premise that opinions shouldn't be automatically **** on, but I see no proof that your's is correct yet. At the one third point of the season, yes Toronto appears to be a better team...although we haven't played them yet and I see nothing to suggest roster management has cost us a game? 

I'm not defending the roster management at all, as it could be better. However, my eyeballs have seen other reasons for our two losses. One of them, and I'm surprised you haven't mentioned this todaso, being some of our vets not playing well. 

Edited by GCn20

3 minutes ago, ddanger said:

I really think we need to take a breath and calm down. We are still missing a couple of players on D due to injuries, and it looks to me like changes will be happening after the bye week on the injury front.

I don't know the exact number, but practice roster players are making VERY little money, and it certainly stands to reason that guys will decline a spot and get released rather than staying.

Maybe, but other teams have nowhere near the same issue so why would our prospects be declining and other prospects wouldn’t be?

The use of our practice roster has been problematic for two years now. Who’s the last American player to start on the PR for us and earn his way into the lineup?