Week (7) of E(l)ks at Bombers

JCon

Just now, Mike said:

I hate to say it, because it seems like such a ridiculous idea and I know it’s never gonna happen anyways but … if O’Shea is going to just blatantly handcuff our roster with his stubbornness and overall mismanagement, are we going to let him just because he won two Grey Cups? Or is Miller actually going to step in and do something? At what point do you tell O’Shea get your **** together or thank you for your services but they are no longer needed?

That roster is literally a joke. And we’ve done it to ourselves.

I agree 100%....its his total stubborn nature...and its not helping the team in any way whatsoever...yeah he won a couple Grey Cups....but also...it wasnt all on him....but these pathetic rosters, and having zero depth in key spots, and stubbornly showing this idea of almost owing it to guys here cause they have tenure needs to stop...and fast

I just fear now that WJ or Jeffcoat will be going down, as they will be bagged right out...and from experience...thats when guys get hurt

Just now, bb1 said:

Well i guess i am going to be the only one. Here goes...Jackson can play De, Maybe Wilson ain't ready,maybe their are injuries we don't know about? I will hang with MOS until he proves he can't win us another Cup? 

Something might have been brought up once or twice this offseason about the folly of waiting on 30 year olds with achilles injuries (Hansen, Wilson) but we hadn't lost to the redblacks so the sky had not started to fall yet

Maruo and still no Wilson in the lineup after practicing fully all week?!?!? Like WTF. And no o-line changes??! I honestly hope do god the Elks take us right down to the wire and nearly win. You would hope that would be a wakeup call to make some f**king changes. Ottawa meltdown should have been that wakeup call. Pathetic roster management. Its getting f**king irritating.

3 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

I mean... at least it's the Elks... can this lineup beat an 0-6 team lead by the crowned king of odd roster moves?

well last week at least it was th Redblacks with a 4th stringer in charge who never started...and had 1 win ...and 1 win at home in yrs....how that turn out for us?

3 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Well i guess i am going to be the only one. Here goes...Jackson can play De, Maybe Wilson ain't ready,maybe their are injuries we don't know about? I will hang with MOS until he proves he can't win us another Cup? 

well why were they not on the injury report?...that was the shortest list of injuries we have seen all yr...so i call BS on that...We know Fox can be a force in the middle...we seen it last yr in BC and his limited play this yr here

1 minute ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Maruo and still no Wilson in the lineup after practicing fully all week?!?!? Like WTF. And no o-line changes??! I honestly hope do god the Elks take us right down to the wire and nearly win. You would hope that would be a wakeup call to make some f**king changes. Ottawa meltdown should have been that wakeup call. Pathetic roster management. Its getting f**king irritating.

sadly I hope they beat us

and why are we not even indicating a nationlized american...not like we even used it effectively any way...but be nice to have that option...especially if we incurr an injury

1 minute ago, MOBomberFan said:

I would have to think Wilson is still sore or tight or whatever, and if so I wouldn't want to risk him against the Elks of all teams either... but that's a big assumption. No other reasonable explanation that I can see

Definitely- there would be no other reason to hold him out. 

I am not sure why Cole isn’t getting a shot at WIL. 

I would have to think Wilson is still sore or tight or whatever, and if so I wouldn't want to risk him against the Elks of all teams either... but that's a big assumption. No other reasonable explanation that I can see

then he should have been immediately put on the 1 game...or back on 6 to take his salary off the books...that argument has no weight or value...and if we paying him on the books knowing he not ready..thats even more pathetic

That’s totally fine, but if that’s the case … it really just goes back to what Booch and I said all off-season. Why would you not have competition in camp?

We’re starting Les Maruo and Rehda Kramdi this week and the only reason is because longevity on the roster is all that matters to O’Shea. Absolutely no competition at either spot. And this is what we’re left with. 

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

They need to clean up the practice roster on the bye.

Should have another edge rusher, American or Canadian.

Drop one of the OL.  Pick a punter.

Pickup a running back and if that guy can return kicks too even better.

Salima did both

Sterling was a real good DE prospect...Talking with WJ..who obviously knows a thing or too about DE had high hopes about him and liked what he brought...so theres that

1 minute ago, blue85gold said:

Maybe Wilson and Rose aren't ready to be rostered yet. Fine. 

But jesus why are we starting and extra Canadian and a global? How can Cole not beat out Maruo? Can he really be 4th on the depth chart? 

Haba goes out and they don't add another Dline? 

then they should be on the 1 or 6 game and not eat up cap space

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

That’s totally fine, but if that’s the case … it really just goes back to what Booch and I said all off-season. Why would you not have competition in camp?

We’re starting Les Maruo and Rehda Kramdi this week and the only reason is because longevity on the roster is all that matters to O’Shea. Absolutely no competition at either spot. And this is what we’re left with. 

exactly....and thats just pathetic.....Parker should have been slotted in at the dime if they werent happy, and Rose in at corner....or backing up Sawarmay

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The only change made to the defense that collapsed in Ottawa is Kramdi in for Darby.

We're playing with the same short handed DL we ended the last game with when Haba went out.

nope..Mauro also in for Wilson....removed an import dline guy and didnt replace...Parker for Swarmay

But we got an import fullback that will see prob 15 snaps

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

At this point I’m on board bringing Lemon in. One year deal - rotation guy. 

He is out there (right?) go get him. I don’t recall him signing anywhere.

Yeah that stinks of desperation like the Bombers in 04 or 08 bringing in a washed up vet to fill the holes because we don’t have anyone capable in the pipe line. 

Just now, MOBomberFan said:

Then why isn't he playing?

to be frank...cause obviously our HC is out to lunch....like who knows....I dont...and they ar more than ready, and its the perfect game to slot guys in with a bye week right after when coming off an injury...thats when u would always like to do it