Week (7) of E(l)ks at Bombers

JCon

Just now, Booch said:

but that makes sense

You’re right i must be outta my mind. instead let’s dress 8 ol, 0 cover dbs, and only one shakey punt returner. While we are at it, maybe we could dress Schmekel again. We are below our quota for dead weight roster spots. Ohh let’s di fox as well but not use him. 
 Now that is Championship roster management. 🫡

Speaking of fox he’s been on the pr a while. Bout time to cut him so another team can grab him. 

14 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

You’re right i must be outta my mind. instead let’s dress 8 ol, 0 cover dbs, and only one shakey punt returner. While we are at it, maybe we could dress Schmekel again. We are below our quota for dead weight roster spots. Ohh let’s di fox as well but not use him. 
 Now that is Championship roster management. 🫡

Speaking of fox he’s been on the pr a while. Bout time to cut him so another team can grab him. 

now your talking!!

You aint trying to win and make best use of the roster when u dress a DA and give him 2 snaps at end of game...thats coachin!

when u really wanna set the tone u dress a 7th olineman...one of whom shouldn't even be on the roster and he doesn't even have to tie up his cleats

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

They don't gain a DI though.  The scenario you're casting would force them to sit Cole.

The nationalized players are still in a DI spot.

Yeah you would only be able to dress one of Agudosi or Mcrae...But the Nationalized part makes total sense...and would totally help the defense

• With Clements down, Les Maruo is listed as the starting weak-side linebacker. Also listed there are Canadians Jesse Briggs and Tanner Cadwallader along with American Brian Cole.
  • The Blue Bombers have made four changes to the roster this week, adding WR Kenny Lawler, DB Jamal Parker, dime back Redha Kramdi and FB Damian Jackson. Off are WR Carlton Agudosi, DB Jake Kelly, LB Malik Clements, and DE Celestin Haba.

like really?...Is that the best use of the roster?...I guess when u have zero coverage on your PR....Sucks about Haba (on 6 game)...that mean we see gobs of useless Bennett?...What Purpose does Jackson fill?...Myabe Fox would be better with Haba down? just makes you shake your head

Just another display of our ineptness building a roster...Parker was a better HB than Corner....and Rose a better Corner than Parker...is this cause we have zero backup returner option?...Pityfull...

Edited by Booch

so...we down an import defensive end.....also LB....so we take out Agudosi and replace him with Jackson....and dont roster say a Fox....Wilson...Even another DB who could be of use, or worst case leave Agudosi on and see what a set with him..Schoen...Lawler...Demski and Woli could do?....but instead to roll with Mauro at Wil...only Bennett as a rotational end....who has shown absolutely nothing....Replace Darby with Kramdi who if at the very best is a slight down grade....and to top it all off refuse to use the Nationalized American...anywhere on the roster??@?!?!...LIKE WTF!

If people cant see that Osh is pretty useless...blind, or just plain obtuse on building your best roster on game day I dont know what to tell you...I wouldnt be surprised if ol heavy balls runs our defense raged by the fourth quarter and pulls a Crumination on us...Teams will obviously keep exposing this...oh yeah forgot...and keep Thomas as a starter and likely majority of reps....like cmon man

Edited by Booch

Yeah, there's a lot of "yikes" on that roster. I just don't understand not rostering Kyrie Wilson when Clements is injured. That seems like a natural move, unless he's just not game-ready yet. Count me as also terrified of gifting the LOLKs their first win in forever...

was almost excited to see the possible roster this week....what a kick in the onions that abomination is....and nothing to address the oline issues...or even a minor lets try this approach...just to see

1 minute ago, JCon said:

The sample size is large enough now that we know that there are issues on the OL. Why won't they make changes?? 

what do you think...Its the way of Osh

Who filled the FB role last week that it necessitated burning a DA spot with Jackson?...especially when you have no Wil rostered, and are missing a rotational import DL guy who has been making an impact?

Edited by Booch

Looking back we didnt even show a full back on the depth chart last week vs ottawa.....so this week when we lean on defense with LB's and Dlinemen...fresh off a loss where our defense got worn right out the wise wisdom of Osh decides to fill that fullback need with a DA of all people and ignore the defense against a know running QB...and a damn shifty RB right after we have had are asses handed to us by...A running QB...One that had no experience...Heavy nuts does...we better put up 40+ points this game and gets some phenomenal full back play

Will the media put any pressure on O’Shea? Does he even know this is an issue. Insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting different results. Anyways roster management has been a concern for years now but it’s especially piss poor this season. O’Shea is a great coach but he needs some push back here because these poorly constructed game day rosters are going to continue to cost us games, the hard truth is we are simply not good enough to coast by on talent alone. 

I would have loved to sit in on the coaches meeting leading up to the lineup being finalized...and listen to the justifying of it...I almost bet Osh sits there and smiles...takes in all the suggestions and ideas...then goes yup...ok...here's what I'm gonna do....brutal...

I hate to say it, because it seems like such a ridiculous idea and I know it’s never gonna happen anyways but … if O’Shea is going to just blatantly handcuff our roster with his stubbornness and overall mismanagement, are we going to let him just because he won two Grey Cups? Or is Miller actually going to step in and do something? At what point do you tell O’Shea get your **** together or thank you for your services but they are no longer needed?

That roster is literally a joke. And we’ve done it to ourselves.