West Final GDT: Back to Back Champs vs Dome Boys

Nolby

6 hours ago, Jesse said:

It definitely mean trading in a guy or two for a rookie. But 300k isn't going to destroy the whole team. You have that kicking around by the end of the year just based on savings from guys on the 6-game. 

They didnt have that 300k this year.  They had to re-work the remaining VAJ contract to fit under the cap.  That's with Montreal picking up the early portion of his deal, Woody Baron only playing 6 games and Stove missing the entire year.  

37 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

They didnt have that 300k this year.  They had to re-work the remaining VAJ contract to fit under the cap.  That's with Montreal picking up the early portion of his deal, Woody Baron only playing 6 games and Stove missing the entire year.  

Adding a starting QB mid season is obviously different than rosterbuilding in the off season.

No question they’re are going to have to make a couple of tough choices, but it’s not that big of a deal.

The loss of talent at the QB position  is the bigger issue.

56 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Adding a starting QB mid season is obviously different than rosterbuilding in the off season.

No question they’re are going to have to make a couple of tough choices, but it’s not that big of a deal.

The loss of talent at the QB position  is the bigger issue.

Just pointing out that they didn't have anywhere near 300k just kicking around.  They got the IR savings you talked about but still had to maneuver to make the deal happen.

They loaded up on non-QB's during FA and left themselves very little wiggle room.  Some GM's are just better at it than others.  We added Collaros during the season with out issue.  Walters always seems to have that cap space tucked away.

They do have VAJ under contract through 2023 so they aren't completely hooped if they lose Rourke to the NFL.  He's obviously not their preferred QB but given the other options out there, he's not the worst they could be stuck with.

4 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Just pointing out that they didn't have anywhere near 300k just kicking around.  They got the IR savings you talked about but still had to maneuver to make the deal happen.

They loaded up on non-QB's during FA and left themselves very little wiggle room.  Some GM's are just better at it than others.  We added Collaros during the season with out issue.  Walters always seems to have that cap space tucked away.

They do have VAJ under contract through 2023 so they aren't completely hooped if they lose Rourke to the NFL.  He's obviously not their preferred QB but given the other options out there, he's not the worst they could be stuck with.

Who will he have to throw to? I can't see all of them coming back. 

5 hours ago, bb1 said:

You don't hate a lovable loser...unless it's the Rider's! 😉

The Riders are not loveable. 

13 hours ago, JCon said:

All Rourke has to do is get an NFL invite and his contract is moot. He doesn't even need to throw a ball down south, as long as he gets released. The rest of the nonsense to start a useless fight. So, just the usual, self-important, useless drivel. 

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47bvow7bmbkxme7ocov

Yep, as you say here we go again.

15 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Rourke had a horrible game. Not just first Q. He missed a bunch of throws all night long. That may have been the worse game I've seen from him all season.

Superman had a bad game. Nah, that can't be. Kid Canada is the greatest. Just ask Suitor & the panel. 

16 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Just a little clarification if anyone is interested:

ridiculous rule.

blocked punt is very exciting play. 

NFL kicker injuries.

"There were 488 total injuries over the 20-year period: 72% involved the lower extremity, 9% involved the lumbosacral spine, and 7% involved the head. Muscle-tendon injuries (49%) were the most common, followed by ligamentous injuries (17%). There was a significantly higher risk of injury in games (17.7 per 1000) than during practice (1.91 per 1000). Most injuries (93%) did not require surgery"

Edited by Mark F

14 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Just a little clarification if anyone is interested:

I said to my buddies at the game... the only way this makes sense is if there's a rule change that I'm unaware of... and I'm guessing about 99% of people also didn't know this rule change... this explains it well

Rod Hill blocked a ton of punts without running into the kicker. O’Shea said the team practices it as well taking a line that will not end up going into the punter. Just take a better angle to avoid the punter. Rule makes sense, we are in the age where protecting players is becoming more important given what we now know about long term effects of certain injuries. I have no problem with the rule. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

3 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

I think they made the rule after this Ian Wild block and he hurt the kicker real bad.

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/07/27/fumble-turns-into-wild-touchdown-for-the-bombers/

Unless I understand the rule very poorly I don't think this block/hit would be a penalty.   Wild didn't hit the penalty leg... he went through the kicking leg (fine if ball is blocked) and into the punters body

4 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Because this can't be said enough, man does IGF look amazing on TV. And it's a fantastic venue to watch a game to boot. Traffic and skinny concourse be damned, I love that place.

Best barn on the loop.... And it doesn't even have a toilet seat for a "roof".... 

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Because this can't be said enough, man does IGF look amazing on TV. And it's a fantastic venue to watch a game to boot. Traffic and skinny concourse be damned, I love that place.

Yup..best visual experience for tv..and the concourses aren't even that bad..no worse than majority of big venues I been in around N.America..and u cant beat the lower bowl open concept...