2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

I don't really see it as an issue... He's not going to anticipate a botched punt... the Sask punter is generally really good and that one muff ended getting a lucky Sask bounce... like an outfielder in baseball, better to be too deep than have the ball go over your head... 

This.

The 1st two Rider punts of the game were 50 & 59 yards while the last 2 were only 33 yards ( the helmet punt) and 35 yards (the fumble).  That's a huge difference so yeah he's going to be deep on those ones.

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

I think he’s still banged up. Not worried about him as a player. Hope he is gets or stays healthy. 

Cats cut lee autry a good size dt. Don’t know if we will kick the tires on him. 

Be funny to pick up him and Lawrence...whom we took a cup from and they come here, and win one lol

https://3downnation.com/2022/10/06/former-cfl-head-coach-mike-kelly-calls-modern-canadian-game-bastardized-nfl-nickel-football/

He claims he was “cross-haired” by “some people” while serving as the head coach of the team in 2009

‘Be careful now because they have more ink than you have anger.’

The darn media railroading a perfectly stable genius, as usual

12 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

https://3downnation.com/2022/10/06/former-cfl-head-coach-mike-kelly-calls-modern-canadian-game-bastardized-nfl-nickel-football/

He claims he was “cross-haired” by “some people” while serving as the head coach of the team in 2009

I think the level of talent on the field on defense maybe slightly improved over the last 20 years. 

1 hour ago, MOBomberFan said:

He talks up his own offensive genius in this article like he wasn’t the guy sending Brock Ralph out on a reverse 5 times a game.

3 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

Mike Kelly is an egotistical idiot. He did have the knowledge and wherewithal if he was not so much of an egotistical idiot. He dug his own grave!

6 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Lefors was a good QB... just was playing in a terrible terrible system.    Dude would of been a solid QB had he gone elsewhere instead of with us. 

There was a poster on here in 2019 or earlier from Philadelphia that called himself “The Source”.  I’m pretty sure it was Kelly.  Constantly criticizing the Bombers and Osh.  Haven’t seen much of him lately.

Just now, wpgallday1960 said:

There was a poster on here in 2019 or earlier from Philadelphia that called himself “The Source”.  I’m pretty sure it was Kelly.  Constantly criticizing the Bombers and Osh.  Haven’t seen much of him lately.

Yeah, was pretty sure of that too.

5 minutes ago, wpgallday1960 said:

4 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Yeah, was pretty sure of that too.

His IP address suggested it may have been him at the time.  But we also had to threaten to ban / suspend him for abusive behaviour.   So I give it 50 / 50 if it was just a troll using a VPN or actually Mike Kelly.

11 hours ago, Geebrr said:

They ****** his career up by mishandling his injury.

They also gave up on Glenn-  which was just idiotic. 

I don't mind that he gave up on Glenn. I just think the way he did it was idiotic. He cut him adrift without any semblance of a plan and then blamed the fans for asking WTF? Kelly should have hung onto Glenn, either got him back to 2007 Glenn or at least had the time to find something better than Stefan Lefors or dragging Michael Bishop out of CFL exile as his plan. Kelly had a massive amount of passion and drive to make the Bombers better...on that I have no doubt....problem is that he let that passion call the shots instead of using his head and it cost us dearly. He acted before he thought things through and that very rarely leads to success.

Letting most of our OL walk away in FA was pretty problematic too.

Edited by GCn20

40 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I don't mind that he gave up on Glenn. I just think the way he did it was idiotic. He cut him adrift without any semblance of a plan and then blamed the fans for asking WTF? Kelly should have hung onto Glenn, either got him back to 2007 Glenn or at least had the time to find something better than Stefan Lefors or dragging Michael Bishop out of CFL exile as his plan. Kelly had a massive amount of passion and drive to make the Bombers better...on that I have no doubt....problem is that he let that passion call the shots instead of using his head and it cost us dearly. He acted before he thought things through and that very rarely leads to success.

Letting most of our OL walk away in FA was pretty problematic too.

Reinbold had previously proved that passion alone does not make you a good head coach.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

His IP address suggested it may have been him at the time.  But we also had to threaten to ban / suspend him for abusive behaviour.   So I give it 50 / 50 if it was just a troll using a VPN or actually Mike Kelly.

Isn’t that the same thing?

He was openly hostile when he was not considered for head coach after Cal Murphy was fired, and burned a lot of bridges on his way out of town through the media. 

Next remember him returning in 2002 during a pre-game show on CJOB and being asked if anyone like Stegall, Roberts, Sellers or other stars could make it in the NFL, and flat out said no, no way is anyone in the CFL good enough to make it in the NFL because the NFL players had the same speed as any CFLer but in a much larger body. 

Always thought he felt entitled to the head coach job here and that it should be anointed to him rather than earned. He remained openly hostile and had some famous run-ins with media (“non-issue, internally handled, next question”) and fans (“do I come to McDonalds and tell you how to cook fries?” and “living in mom’s basement”). 

For whatever talent he had (was the OC for both the club record single game passing and rushing performances), I never cared for his character and did not enjoy seeing him return. From this interview, sounds like the chip in his shoulder remains.

Was he the guy who posted he was watching training camp for the stands at IG Field and kept trying to create the nickname “The Wave” for the stadium?

32 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The ultimate "this guy is a ****" moment was his hissy fit after Bob Irving was rightly calling it a steaming pile on air while Kelly was waiting for his interview to start. 

For me, it was when i was told he banned Richard Harris and another coach, who i can't remember which,  from coaches meetings.  How can you be successful if you're doing that?