2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I'm curious about the Riders attendance for next season... the die hards on Riderfans are all wanting to back out of next years season tickets.     You'd think the die hards would keep the tickets and the fairweather fans would be the ones who wouldn't renew. 

Their attendance next year is going to crater, this seasons numbers were based on tickets previously sold, there was barely 20k attending most of their home games.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Pierce, with the Lions at his peak, was a better QB than KG5 in his best year. But I absolutely love Glenn. Loved him when he was first brought in as a Rider and was stoked we brought him over. Still, Pierce, before he got busted up (while still with the Lions) was a better QB. Just very short lived and, as mentioned, KG5 had the better career.

Is 2008 buck pierce the best version of him? Almost certainly. How good was that qb though? That offense in that era lit the world on fire with every qb they had. He wasn't as good as the casey printers who went to the NFL, or the travis lulay who took his job, and even 2009 printers after the return was atleast as good as buck was. Dickenson before buck was much better as well. 

Buck was the beneficiary of a great system and offensive team. Buck gets a pass for never being as good as he should have been where as glenn gets goat horns for the same reason. In bc buck appeared in 80 games over 5 years,  put up 1061 pass attempts 48 tds and 31 ints for 8734 yards. Also don't forget, he was fumbling a LOT in the 2 partial seasons he was the no1 starter. 

Fajardo has appeared in 90 games, over 6 years, put up 1341 attempts, 53 tds, 33 ints, and 11046 yards. (Buck added 1015 rushing yards and 9 tds, CF added 1858 yards and 35 tds.) Fajardo has been more dynamic than buck at his best. 

Lulay was the best qb with a career derailed via injury in bc. Printers was the biggest fly by night success. Dickenson was the best of their qbs in that era. Buck was our nealon greene. Marcus crandells flash was brighter at his peak then bucks. 

That era lions was like the late 90s and 2000s broncos. Every rb they plugged in got 5 ypc and 1000 yards. Tatum bell looked legit till he was traded and had to play esle where. 

Was TJ rubelys peak better than buck? What about Marve or the fever? 

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

So the guy who runs this account is a Riders fan, clearly, but this statement bothers me.... 

I feel like the Bombers had exemplary attendance with worse records for years. I will fight to the death that Winnipeg has way more hardcore fans than the Riders. The Riders have a lot more bandwagon fans. 

Hey, when you don’t win many actual football games… you try to find wins where you can… I say let ‘em have it 😂

On 2022-10-08 at 12:15 PM, Noeller said:

So the guy who runs this account is a Riders fan, clearly, but this statement bothers me.... 

I feel like the Bombers had exemplary attendance with worse records for years. I will fight to the death that Winnipeg has way more hardcore fans than the Riders. The Riders have a lot more bandwagon fans. 

Nope, he used to be a huge Bomber fan. Used to post lots on the other Bomber forum.

He considers himself to be a marketing genius with all the answers.

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I guess we'll see, but either way......whatever..........

Interesting.. for the love of the game and the next great Canadian QB I hope they don’t rush Rourke back and cause further injury. Adam’s is capable enough in BC to take them as far as they’re going to go this year.  I hope he has a healthy and long career, just seems foolish to bring him back  this soon. 

9 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Nevermind Rourke. Stove is back in BC and looking good. I don't know what his officially status is, but I'm more worried about him than rourke at this point.

Not that I'm worried about anyone on BC, but one American NT vs the franchise QB? That's your bigger worry of the two? 

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Interesting.. for the love of the game and the next great Canadian QB I hope they don’t rush Rourke back and cause further injury. Adam’s is capable enough in BC to take them as far as they’re going to go this year.  I hope he has a healthy and long career, just seems foolish to bring him back  this soon. 

He also can't stop the recovery process because people don't want him to rush...

If this is the step of his rehab that he's up to, then he does it. Simple as that. And then of course the social media team does their thing with the footage.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Not that I'm worried about anyone on BC, but one American NT vs the franchise QB? That's your bigger worry of the two? 

Yes, because I don't believe Rourke is coming back this year. I do believe Stove is.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Can't even suit up for practice until next week.  I guess he might be able to play 25-30 snaps a game by playoffs.

I'm not worried about the two remaining games. It's the playoffs where he can make a real difference to the Dline.