2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

3 hours ago, Saidin said:

He is sure stepping gingerly on that leg...  

No, actually he's not. That is the new way qbs are being taught to throw. I'm not going to get into the techniques & fundamentals but he looks good throwing the ball. The thing of it is, it's one thing to throw in practice with no rush. It's quite another when he's under a full rush. Then we'll see how quick he is. How his foot reacts when he's trying to go at 100% & if he gets reinjured. He has screws, plates & other hardware in his foot & they take months to heal. The Lions trying to play mind games & getting other teams worried, Like Noeller said, whatever. We really don't know what the timeline is for him to be back. If they rush it, he'll get hurt. Simple as that. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

18 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I hope whoever comes to Winnipeg makes it a competitive WF. 

BC at full health is probably better offensively… but Calgary might be the more complete squad who has competed with Winnipeg a little more.

I'd prefer Winnipeg just kicking the other team's ass.

As Geebrr says, it really doesn't matter who we play...we'll come out and go 1-0 again that week.

Having said that...if I had to pick a scenario: BC hosts the West Semi in their comfy cozy dome, and beats Calgary. Then they come to Winnipeg the next week where it's -10 at game time, with a layer of permafrost in the turf, and every single hit hurts 5x as much....

14 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I’m not worried about any level of healthy Rourke we play.

We play who we play. 

We kicked the crap out of a Rourke led BC Lions once, and if we have to do it again I am confident the score won't be much different....and that was on a short week as well. I'm more concerned about Calgary than I am about BC....and I'm not all that worried about Calgary. The only team that worries me is the Winnipeg Blue Bombers not showing up ready to play because imo that's the only way we lose unless extreme weather evens the playing field.

Edited by GCn20

8 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

We kicked the crap out of a Rourke led BC Lions once, and if we have to do it again I am confident the score won't be much different.

I hope they are dumb enough to trot him out there..rusty...less than 100%....foot issue on his mind...cold weather compounding it...crowd making it impossible to communicate, let alone think...his basic lack of experience in a big pressure game...please please play him

Just now, Booch said:

I hope they are dumb enough to trot him out there..rusty...less than 100%....foot issue on his mind...cold weather compounding it...crowd making it impossible to communicate, let alone think...his basic lack of experience in a big pressure game...please please play him

They won't be here playing imo.

Just now, rebusrankin said:

Calgary scares me, BC not so much.

CGY will give us more trouble, and we will need to play a error free game...If our offence keeps up this pace, I feel pretty good, especially if we have that defensive back filed situation figured out...if we go out there with what we have had last 3 games..I can see us getting evicerated and needing to have to put up 30+ points

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

As Geebrr says, it really doesn't matter who we play...we'll come out and go 1-0 again that week.

Having said that...if I had to pick a scenario: BC hosts the West Semi in their comfy cozy dome, and beats Calgary. Then they come to Winnipeg the next week where it's -10 at game time, with a layer of permafrost in the turf, and every single hit hurts 5x as much....

I will never miss the feeling of having a 250 pound dude tackle me onto the turf in -10 weather.

So often with those games it’s about who runs better. Olivera is suited to brawl in cold weather. Not sure about Butler or Carey who won’t be able to redirect as easily.

2 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I will never miss the feeling of having a 250 pound dude tackle me onto the turf in -10 weather.

So often with those games it’s about who runs better. Olivera is suited to brawl in cold weather. Not sure about Butler or Carey who won’t be able to redirect as easily.

I agree, and will add that I think our run game all around is much more suited to dominate in the cold...especially with all the options we run with, and that nasty o-line...big factor also is..been there..done that with basically this whole crew on offence...in butt ass cold weather going back to 2019 now...which will be huge...especially with all the comforst of your home stadium and facilities...getting first locked down is /was huge

10 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

Stamps running game could be hard to handle if Carey, Logan Mills are all healthy and used frequently, their coaching staff has probably taken notes on how the Bombers have been beating them the last few years.

Edited by Fatty Liver

5 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Stamps running game could be hard to handle if Carey, Logan Mills are all healthy and are used frequently, their coaching staff has probably taken notes on how the Bombers have been beating them the last few years.

Carey better learn to play in the cold weather then because he hasn't been good playing in the cold so far in his career.

FJRG5ew__normal.jpg

The #BCLions announced today that American defensive lineman Steven Richardson suffered a setback in his rehab from a ruptured Achilles tendon. He will not be available to return this season. Heal up, Stove 🙏

Not good. Hopefully he heals up in time to come back here next year!

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:
FJRG5ew__normal.jpg

The #BCLions announced today that American defensive lineman Steven Richardson suffered a setback in his rehab from a ruptured Achilles tendon. He will not be available to return this season. Heal up, Stove 🙏

when u push it....u see what happens...hopefully they take note with Rourke, or they could really eff him for the better part of another yr

16 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Damn that sucks for him but who cares about the Lions.

FIFY.

3 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Geez that's bad news on stove......It makes you wonder how long he would have lasted if he made the field this year....A re-injury of that type can kill a players career...I hope he can make a comeback in 23' but that doesn't sound good at all when you re-injure a rupture...

And the Lions seem to be rushing Rourke. Trying to get him back this season. 

35 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:
FJRG5ew__normal.jpg

Questions about the Lions training staff.