2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

I remember at the time thinking that Glenn just really needed a change of scenery. Felt like things weren't going to get better for him in Wpg, tho I kind of figured he'd be good again somewhere else. He's one of those guys with a permanent chip on his shoulder and always pissed off about something and wanting to show someone up. The Boat Game was his crowning achievement. 

My initial thought with bringing in Kelly was that I liked legacy guys. Guys who had success in Winnipeg before and would be proud to be a Bomber. That lasted a VERY short amount of time. Jamie Stoddard getting cut that year, Milt being gone.... There was a lotta stuff I was mad about before TC was even done in 2009. 

I was at work when the news broke that he'd been arrested and all of a sudden there was word the club could dump him because it violated his contract. That was a wild night with news coming in fast and furious. 

What an absolutely farcical time in the history of this storied franchise. 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Didn’t he lie on his resume?

But yeah, JR was fun at least 

Idr that particularly. I do remember some crazy high school leve silly attempts to psych up his teams. And some really bad trades. That was the first I recall of air lifts from the us. Basically what became the Chris jones technique. 

19 hours ago, BomberfanMKS said:

you could make an argument that Glenn being consistently healthy would have been an upgrade over Pierce who had serious problems staying healthy (basically 2011 was the only year we had a consistently healthy Pierce).

I don’t think there’s an argument at all… with the exception of a broken play here and there from Buck … Kevin Glenn was consistent a better QB

Glenn-I was happy at the time to see him go. Didn't like his attitude, didn't think he'd lead us to a cup. In retrospect, I was completely wrong.

Kelly-Guy was a total ******* and set us back.

Reinbold-Guy may have been nice but his teams were a disaster. He also set us back, Plus we were subjected to a ton of bad football games. Other than being able to joke about how many times he used terms like warrior and heart after a 25-30 point beatdown in the post game there was not a lot of entertainment with him.

So the guy who runs this account is a Riders fan, clearly, but this statement bothers me.... 

I feel like the Bombers had exemplary attendance with worse records for years. I will fight to the death that Winnipeg has way more hardcore fans than the Riders. The Riders have a lot more bandwagon fans. 

Their record and team isn't even THAT embarrassing.  The only reason they think this is the worst team ever is because of all the hype they gave them going into the year.not like they went 2-8 to start the year either si hardly a fair statement at all. Given how the stands look since their soft assed summer schedule I think this is typical rider fans bs.

51 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I hate this debate, but at their respective peaks, Buck was a way better QB than Glenn. And I say that as a big fan of KG5. 

50 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Agreed, peak Pierce was better.  But the injuries put Glenn above imo.

3300 yards and 19 passing tds both separate years. Kg has 9 seasons with more passing yards than bucks best and 7 years with more passing tds than bucks best. 288 career tds to 191 picks. Over 50k passing yards. In the 15 seasons he actually played games in he averaged more yards per year than bucks career peak. That’s including a bunch of seasons with only a handful of passing attempts. 
 Buck pierce put up 92 tds and 76 picks. Buck only surpassed 14 passing tds in whole career once. kg put up 14 in the first year he took kharis job here.  Then he passed that mark 11 times. 

buck pierce is the bombers Dan Clark. He was a warrior and totally loveable. Kg often wasn’t terribly likeable. But buck was never half the qb kg was in his prime. People are bitter about the lost gc and kg never being clutch. But buck is the most over rated qb in bombers history. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

3300 yards and 19 passing tds both separate years. Kg has 9 seasons with more passing yards than bucks best and 7 years with more passing tds than bucks best. 288 career tds to 191 picks. Over 50k passing yards. In the 15 seasons he actually played games in he averaged more yards per year than bucks career peak. That’s including a bunch of seasons with only a handful of passing attempts. 
 Buck pierce put up 92 tds and 76 picks. Buck only surpassed 14 passing tds in whole career once. kg put up 14 in the first year he took kharis job here.  Then he passed that mark 11 times. 

buck pierce is the bombers Dan Clark. He was a warrior and totally loveable. Kg often wasn’t terribly likeable. But buck was never half the qb kg was in his prime. People are bitter about the lost gc and kg never being clutch. But buck is the most over rated qb in bombers history. 

Pierce, with the Lions at his peak, was a better QB than KG5 in his best year. But I absolutely love Glenn. Loved him when he was first brought in as a Rider and was stoked we brought him over. Still, Pierce, before he got busted up (while still with the Lions) was a better QB. Just very short lived and, as mentioned, KG5 had the better career.

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

So the guy who runs this account is a Riders fan, clearly, but this statement bothers me.... 

I feel like the Bombers had exemplary attendance with worse records for years. I will fight to the death that Winnipeg has way more hardcore fans than the Riders. The Riders have a lot more bandwagon fans. 

33000+ in 2013 for a 3-15 team that went 1-8 at home. Caveat first year of IG Field. 

41 minutes ago, Noeller said:

So delusional 

Also that attendance is bullshit. Watch their games it is half empty 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Pierce, with the Lions at his peak, was a better QB than KG5 in his best year. But I absolutely love Glenn. Loved him when he was first brought in as a Rider and was stoked we brought him over. Still, Pierce, before he got busted up (while still with the Lions) was a better QB. Just very short lived and, as mentioned, KG5 had the better career.

What are you referring to when you say Buck’s peak?

A random 3-4 game stretch between stints on the 6-game? Because at no point did he have a more successful season than any of KG’s.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Not to mention masochists.

18 minutes ago, Jesse said:

What are you referring to when you say Buck’s peak?

A random 3-4 game stretch between stints on the 6-game? Because at no point did he have a more successful season than any of KG’s.

Before Winnipeg... In BC.... When he was fully healthy. It was after Dickenson and before Lulay.