2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

35 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The ultimate "this guy is a ****" moment was his hissy fit after Bob Irving was rightly calling it a steaming pile on air while Kelly was waiting for his interview to start. 

Yup. I remember him criticizing the fans after we got destroyed 55-10 in our own stadium to the Gappers. 

The worst loss at home ever

37 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

There's a good reason - if not several - Mike Kelly hasn't coached professionally in well over a decade.

**** him.

He also got arrested for domestic abuse didn’t he? I remember the mug shot 

5 minutes ago, Goldkobra said:

For me, it was when i was told he banned Richard Harris and another coach, who i can't remember which,  from coaches meetings.  How can you be successful if you're doing that?

A disgrace. 
This site is named after Coach Harris FFS 

Kelly cared lots but his biggest issue was it appears he was not stable mentally. I met the guy as my dad's friend was dating him (his winnipeg girlfriend) and he was decent enough but definitely a guy with an ego. I was very very young during his time here and it was the first year we had season tickets lol. Lots of memories from the Kelly season from playing every QB dressed in 1 game to the Hamilton boat incident to the blue out. Funny enough we lost that game and if we didn't I think we would have been playoff bound. For as awful of a human he was/still probably is.... he wasn't the worst coach in my lifetime 

57 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Yup. I remember him criticizing the fans after we got destroyed 55-10 in our own stadium to the Gappers. 

The worst loss at home ever

He also got arrested for domestic abuse didn’t he? I remember the mug shot 

A disgrace. 
This site is named after Coach Harris FFS 

Postgame, after that debacle while driving home.......listening to MK suggest that our fans should be MORE LIKE RIDER FANS.   Probably the angriest I have ever been, following this team.

Quite a few of our veteran players under performed, but Glenn was made the scapegoat, who went to Hamilton, as they beat us out of a playoff spot, the next two years.  Brilliant.

Comporting himself like some 12 year old.......was simply the icing on the cake.

5 minutes ago, do or die said:

Postgame, after that debacle while driving home.......listening to MK suggest that our fans should be MORE LIKE RIDER FANS.   Probably the angriest I have ever been, following this team.

Quite a few of our veteran players under performed, but Glenn was made the scapegoat, who went to Hamilton, as they beat us out of a playoff spot, the next two years.  Brilliant.

Comporting himself like some 12 year old.......was simply the icing on the cake.

I was blood red mad.

I swear he got into it with a fan at the fence by the locker room after one game too.

It was just an embarrassment on every level 

17 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

The same one that got caught spying on and recording other teams' practices?

That was his scout Ron Trentini, who the club said was acting independently and not at the club’s request. He was taking notes of the Tiger Cats open practice, which led to the whole “handled internally, non-issue, next question” presser with the media. 

13 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Glenn was long gone by then. It was the Michael bishop show. Glenn was cut b4 the season even began.  Kevin Glenn never did get the job done so it's not like Kelly was wrong in his assessment there 

Glenn was still the best a bomber qb until collaros showed up probably though so damn rights I can question Kelly's handling of that situation.  You got a guy can play at a decent level even with his flaws and you just dump him and roll the dice on unknowns... that's the kind of egotistical move that gets coaches and gms fired and puts teams into a hole it takes years to get out of.

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

kelly_mike_jail_big.jpg

Was arrested and charged. Judge agreed to drop the charges if he underwent anger management counselling, which he did. 

This was my Facebook profile for a little bit back in the day,I was so happy that clown was gone. I remember that stupid sweep,option play he ran like crazy that never worked....mostly cause Brock Ralph fu*ked it up or the players were never in sync for the call.

1 minute ago, Wideleft said:

Glenn would have a Grey Cup if not for an arm injury.

To say nothing of the string of jabroni QBs that followed him.  Glenn breaking his arm was a top moment in Rider history.....

3 minutes ago, Nolby said:

This was my Facebook profile for a little bit back in the day,I was so happy that clown was gone. I remember that stupid sweep,option play he ran like crazy that never worked....mostly cause Brock Ralph fu*ked it up or the players were never in sync for the call.

Ralph.  Some of these names make me reach for the glass.......

31 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Were they tho? What did he ever win after leaving here? 

Glenn would have been an upgrade over our starter from when we dumped him in 2009 until we got Nichols with the exception of Buck Pierce and you could make an argument that Glenn being consistently healthy would have been an upgrade over Pierce who had serious problems staying healthy (basically 2011 was the only year we had a consistently healthy Pierce).

You gotta imagine that Glenn's performance would have likely been better as well if he'd been in a long-term situation instead of being a journeyman learning new systems and developing new relationships with receivers constantly.

18 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Glenn was a good QB but not the all=star that Kelly wanted. He was not the firebrand media darling that some wanted- just a bit too laid-back and not win or die. 

I totally agree. I remember being done with him as the QB because of his "I don't really care" attitude...or at least the appearance of that. He wasn't doing much here in WPG so it was probably time for a change. But looking back, he should have been kept, and there should have been a QB battle at training camp.

I didn't think the talent that they brought in was bad... it was just the god awful play set on O for the first part of the season that was atrocious.   

When 17to85 or Noeller crap on LaPolice for being to smart for his own good... rewatch those first 6 games where receivers were confused and everything was just one big sad mess.    The season didn't salvage itself until Bishop came in and they went to a very basic offense including utilizing a shotgun formation.