2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

7 hours ago, bearpants said:

but in fairness... it's not like anyone is giving away Canadian o-linemen at the deadline...

imagine how dumb of a GM you would have to be to trade away a 24-year old Canadian OL with starting potential for a rental pass rusher... then imagine how dumb you would feel if that guy became an 8-year starter for his new team helping them to 2 Grey Cups and possibly more... I can't imagine a GM or team ever doing anything that stupid...

A lot of people thought the Bombers were the ones getting shafted on that trade when it first happened... Neufeld was widely considered a decent OL but had serious injury concerns (couldn't stay healthy, potentially never going to get fully healthy)

Only reason he missed a few games the first few yrs here was because we had to keep trotting him out before he was fully healed, but healed enough to play because we had diddly squat for depth, and talent on the oline..so he could never heal...but once we filled the cupboard, and he had that ability to finally heal up...he's been dam durable and damn good...amazing what depth and talent can do for you

27 minutes ago, Booch said:

there is nothing wrong with Grants game...he has had zero help in the blocking lately...yeah he had a bad game last game...well...bad for what we used to, but 1 bad game in his time here isn't an issue....ST's is a total unit thing

His ball security could have cost them the game. A couple of those could have gone for TDs, pretty easily.

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Collaros could have thrown an int. Brady could have fumbled, walker could have missed the tackle on 3rd and short. Etc etc etc. Worrying about what could have happened is stupid.

exactly...he bobbled one ball but got it back....and even tho aa penalty would have negated it made a good play to keep the ball that went off that guys head....nothing wrong with Grants game other than he hasnt busted one, and is in a bit of a funk since he came back from his injury...he will be fine...prob rip off a few this weekend

11 hours ago, Booch said:

there is nothing wrong with Grants game...he has had zero help in the blocking lately...yeah he had a bad game last game...well...bad for what we used to, but 1 bad game in his time here isn't an issue....ST's is a total unit thing

Exactly  he was one of the best returners in the league before his injury. Seems to me he’s still not 100 percent healthy. I’m not too worried about it. 

51 minutes ago, Booch said:

exactly...he bobbled one ball but got it back....and even tho aa penalty would have negated it made a good play to keep the ball that went off that guys head....nothing wrong with Grants game other than he hasnt busted one, and is in a bit of a funk since he came back from his injury...he will be fine...prob rip off a few this weekend

he looks slow since coming back, suspect that he is still playinghurt. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

And on that bobble the play should have been no yards. Had he fumbled  it away I’m confident O’Shea would have challenged it (and won again).

If there was a valid criticism, it was that he was giving too much room for a booming punt. On the first one he was 50 yards from the first down marker but it was 3rd and long, so he was over yards from punter. When the punt was muffed he had to run too far up and it then bounced by him. The punter did not really hit a clean one but Grant was consistently too far back worried one was going over his head, and having to run up to a lower wobbly punt caused him problems. That is correctable and Grant has shown enough past success that I trust he will address and fix that issue. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

On 2022-10-03 at 10:36 PM, JuranBoldenRules said:

The CFL simulation is just PF-PA and giving more weight to the latest weeks dropping weight from earlier in the season each week.

Yea....it's kind of like the old power rankings they trialed back in 2010 that had the Bombers ranked #2 and #3 almost all season. Just lacking way too much relevant information to be even remotely accurate.

18 hours ago, BBlink said:

Definitely some guaranteed money there.

Probably in the form of a hefty signing bonus.

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

And on that bobble the play should have been no yards. Had he fumbled  it away I’m confident O’Shea would have challenged it (and won again).

If there was a valid criticism, it was that he was giving too much room for a booming punt. On the first one he was 50 yards from the first down marker but it was 3rd and long, so he was over yards from punter. When the punt was muffed he had to run too far up and it then bounced by him. The punter did not really hit a clean one but Grant was consistently too far back worried one was going over his head, and having to run up to a lower wobbly punt caused him problems. That is correctable and Grant has shown enough past success that I trust he will address and fix that issue. 

I don't really see it as an issue... He's not going to anticipate a botched punt... the Sask punter is generally really good and that one muff ended getting a lucky Sask bounce... like an outfielder in baseball, better to be too deep than have the ball go over your head... 

31 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

And he has missed a few games.

This is the problem when your record is so dominant over 2 years. You start looking for things to worry about. 

I think he’s still banged up. Not worried about him as a player. Hope he is gets or stays healthy. 

Cats cut lee autry a good size dt. Don’t know if we will kick the tires on him.