WF - Bombers @ Riders

JCon

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

as much I'm sure Orlesky is a very nice person, she's not the one you want delivering sports, unless you like stammering like Bob Newhart. She has such a tough time getting an entire sentence out without stepping on herself...

I was gonna say, but she's a Winnipegger, which she is, but then I remembered that so is Rod Black and I thought, there goes that idea. I agree with KBF that she's better than Claire Hanna, so there is that, and the players seem to dig her so she's alright with me.

13 minutes ago, J5V said:

I was gonna say, but she's a Winnipegger, which she is, but then I remembered that so is Rod Black and I thought, there goes that idea. I agree with KBF that she's better than Claire Hanna, so there is that, and the players seem to dig her so she's alright with me.

She looked so frikken cold Sunday. Felt bad for her.

Less so for Benevides :)

Edited by tacklewasher

6 hours ago, Booch said:

pretty sure Osh won't let over confidence and cockiness creep into things...This team doesn't seem like a group to do that...thee doesn't seem to be any one individual who thinks they are above the team here, and if one emerged then the leaders would nip that in the bud...I think Gaitor's dismissal is an example of that..regardless of the outcome I think it's gonna be the best game of the play-ffs to watch....

I don't know man, the Montreal and Toronto games look like prime examples of this team getting over-confident.

Thats two examples just this season.

I dont think that was a case of overconfidence moreso of coasting after getting up and not being able to get the mojo back.

Over confidence and cocky would have been losing basically from the onset 

The CGY game showed a team that got a lead later in game..and extended it instead of sitting on it..and not letting the team off the mat whatsoever.

Same can be said about the last home game against montreal..we got up in 2nd quarter.. held the lead and still outscored them over final 2+ quarters..this team ain't going down that path again

Just now, Booch said:

I dont think that was a case of overconfidence moreso of coasting after getting up and not being able to get the mojo back.

Over confidence and cocky would have been losing basically from the onset 

The CGY game showed a team that got a lead later in game..and extended it instead of sitting on it..and not letting the team off the mat whatsoever.

Same can be said about the last home game against montreal..we got up in 2nd quarter.. held the lead and still outscored them over final 2+ quarters..this team ain't going down that path again

I think that is what has got many of us brimming with confidence in our team. We took over that Calgary game and choked the life out of the Stamps until the final whistle.

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

these guys know it's "win or your season is over".....they're dialed in. There's no next week if you don't win...so they're going to win. Period.

Sask knows that too...so did Calgary...so did Montreal...you see Vernon Adams in Khari's arms on the sidelines?  They all know it - it's what makes football playoffs the most intense and enjoyable for us fans - there is no game 2...

46 minutes ago, J5V said:

I think that is what has got many of us brimming with confidence in our team. We took over that Calgary game and choked the life out of the Stamps until the final whistle.

I'd feel more at ease if the Bombers have the ball down by 2 with two minutes left than if the Riders need to score with two minutes to go.

The Bombers' defence hasn't proved to me they can stop teams when it matters. Sure there was the last game of the season but how many games have they pissed away both in the regular season and playoffs?

Regina forecast

Fri, 15 Nov

Cloudy. High plus 2.

Night Cloudy periods. Low minus 1.
Sat, 16 Nov Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. High plus 2.
Night Clear. Low minus 3.
Sun, 17 Nov Sunny. High 8.
Night Clear. Low minus 1.
Edited by Mark F

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

That's gonna be a nice day for football, unfortunately... 

Not convinced Winnipeg can defeat the Riders is any number of weather conditions so long as they've got the combination of an experienced passer and Streveler.   The game we really need to be affected by weather would be the Grey Cup vs Hamilton.

Bombers match up well.. ZC vs Sask.. Storyline is strong.. ZC beating them is how it ends.. With some help from his friends. 

We walked into snowy Calgary and made BLM our *****.. 

We gonna walk in to warmer than normal Regina and woop they asses. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

Not convinced Winnipeg can defeat the Riders is any number of weather conditions so long as they've got the combination of an experienced passer and Streveler.   The game we really need to be affected by weather would be the Grey Cup vs Hamilton.

You don't think the Bombers can beat Sask?? 

Good lord. We are definitely winning this game. Only team that scares me is Ham... 

47 minutes ago, Noeller said:

You don't think the Bombers can beat Sask?? 

Good lord. We are definitely winning this game. Only team that scares me is Ham... 

I need to proof read. Was trying to say that I don’t think they can’t beat the riders in any weather condition with the combination of Streveler and Collaros. Streveler alone would give me cause for pause though.