Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Deiter Fan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Deiter Fan

  1. Interesting to see how certain teams/players behave when faced with unexpected adversity. Perfectly exemplified by Montreal/Alexander and Sask/Harris. During their losing efforts with the Bombers it seemed like there wasn't a play that went by for either team where someone wasn't whining for a penalty or complaining about something. No matter how bad things have gotten this year for the Blue we have not seen that kind of whiny attitude from them. Small mercy but an appreciated one nonetheless.
  2. Watched a DAZN PPV boxing production this past weekend. If they put the same production efforts into football they do into boxing I'm not terribly hopeful for Saturday nights next year.
  3. Back when people couldn't stop beaming over how all these people wanted to come play for O'Shea I mentioned that back in the day kid's favourite teachers were the one's that demanded the least of them. That were the least likely to apply consequences for lack of ability/effort. Human nature, I guess...but it leads to what we're seeing now....a struggling team that few would want to come and play for because it's an obvious mess that shows no signs of being able to turn it around.
  4. The 1st second half? How many second halves will there be tonight?
  5. TC is just going to forget the deeper balls and just keep giving it to Brady and if we lose he can offer it as justification for not using him more previously. "You wanted more Brady? Well there ya go. How did that work out for us?"
  6. But only started on time on one of them. Two weeks in a row the program on the channel I chose for my recording ran long and cut off part of the game. The CFL is little more than an afterthought to Bell.
  7. Forde: Elgersma the man of the moment. Uh huh...I think that would actually be Brady and Major
  8. That's why they didn't show us a replay.
  9. I don't know if he was or wasn't but I do know there was nothing "clear and obvious" about that replay.
  10. They made the same call earlier on. 2nd and long in their own end and went deep. Wound up punting and giving Ed good field position.
  11. Man, I would have bet money on a deep shot with a least a chance at a PI call instead of that flaccid effort.
  12. What an odd thing to say on a discussion forum designed specifically for the expression of thoughts and feelings
  13. Heaven, Pennsylvania, actually
  14. Oh man if you didn't you missed out on a crazy finish. A slipped stitch leading to a backward yarn over in overtime for the win!
  15. I don't know, man...if losing three Grey Cups in a row with a chance to turn it around on the fourth...at home...isn't enough of a kick in the ass/motivator I don't know what is.
  16. The way I see it MOS is likely a really good guy. He's probably an excellent friend, a great father and husband and loyal to his players. If you see the game and the process in the same way he does my sense is he would go to the wall for you. Unfortunately I also get the sense he's more dedicated to the individual than the team. On the one hand it's why players were so anxious and willing to play for him. I've used the analogy before but back in my school days often my most favourite teachers were the ones who expected the least from me. It seems like that's part of what's happening here, if you've earned his loyalty he won't bench you if you're playing poorly. He'll leave you in the rotation over and over again so long as you're making an effort even if you're coming up way short, he will be loyal to you. As a human being I have a lotta respect for that. As the fan of a football team I can't help but wonder if it's conducive to winning. My perception is a man in that position needs to have a very acute sense of realism, bluntness and be a little cutthroat. He was able to get by without those attributes when he had a bunch of quality players but once it appeared as though some hard choices had to be made he didn't seem able to make them. It's not true that people can't change but something a wise cousin said to me once is very true, "Think about how long it took that person to get like that. Well, that's probably how long it'll take them to change". Time will tell if MOS can change or if he is provided more quality puzzle pieces so he doesn't have to. Regardless I'll keep watching and hoping for the best.
  17. Hey I'm not saying any of this is easy and I'm certainly not the guy you'd want to hire to fix things but it's not just about regression it's the way in which they're regressing. Poor coaching decisions, roster management, apparent poor scouting, complete lack of forethought given to preparing to replace ageing vets...and my goodness the complete lack of off-season moves to try and make a serious run for the Cup in a year you're hosting is not a good look.
  18. If six years ago they finished 10-8, lost out in the eastern semi then went on to make it to the next 5 Grey Cups, losing the 1st 3 then finishing off by winning the last two that's great. Reverse that scenario and it's a completely different situation. They are clearly regressing and trending downward. I'm not saying anyone's gonna be let go but let's not kid ourselves about the direction in which we're headed
  19. I notice Dustin Neilson's attitude has become perceptively subdued.
  20. Am I the only one that sees Buzz McCallister whenever they show Alexander?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.