Hall most likely to be new DC (Now Official)

Mr. Perfect

Hall interview notes

-- expects in your face, get after the QB, get after the ball carrier exciting to watch defense

-- not going to overcomplicate things

-- needs to finalize staff

-- needs to familiarize himself with how he can use current roster personnel, best put them in the position to succeed with what he implements

Yay finally they announced it; I see what took so long they had to get someone to design that ugly looking poster lol

No it took so long because the photographer had a problem getting the proper expression on Hall's face while he posed with his new Bomber clothes. Hall didn't realize how much better he would look wearing blue and gold - had a hard time getting a big grin off his face.

Hall interview notes

-- expects in your face, get after the QB, get after the ball carrier exciting to watch defense

-- not going to overcomplicate things

-- needs to finalize staff

-- needs to familiarize himself with how he can use current roster personnel, best put them in the position to succeed with what he implements

Did he mention anything about cutting EJ Kuale as his first order of business?

gary lawless         @garylawless

name to watch while RIchie Hall puts together staff is McMaster University DC Greg Knox. Former Stamps safety and Laurier grad is fast riser

Anybody knows about this guy?

If anyone will, it'll be Rids. Hopefully Kent is checking in while he's at the combines...

I'd be surprised if Knox joined a staff that requires this much commitment but those who have their ears to the ground with respect to the CIS would obviously know if he's expressed an interest in taking on coaching full time.

He was a "part-time" defensive coordinator with McMaster for six or seven years until 2013, when he went to the University of Toronto to be their full-time coordinator. He went back to McMaster after one busted season in Toronto and took over from Kevin Eiben in a full-time role that I wouldn't really call full time.

No slight on Knox's abilities because I'm not really in a position to judge and while his resume is strong, his actual level of commitment to a long-term full-time position is something that there has to be doubts about.

Just as a note to add - I'd rather hire Kevin Eiben than Greg Knox. He was incredibly mistreated by McMaster in my opinion and I'd take him on as a defensive assistant or positional coach in a minute. He did great work for McMaster in his year there. Familiarity with O'Shea and the Canadian game. Young and eager to learn.

gary lawless         @garylawless

name to watch while RIchie Hall puts together staff is McMaster University DC Greg Knox. Former Stamps safety and Laurier grad is fast riser

Anybody knows about this guy?

Hope this is true. I would be more excited for Greg Knox to join the staff then Hall. He was amazing at Mac with his blitz schemes, a lot of stuff I had never seen before. There D at mac was outstanding all year

"The new Blue Bombers defensive coordinator Richie Hall spoke with Kim Babij-Gesell via Skype."

http://www.bluebombers.com/video/index/id/108117

It's nice to hear the Bombers took time off from their busy schedule, and put into works something that could accommodate everybody involved.

Last year, even though they had hired their DC in Jan., they didn't announce it until Feb 20th.

This year, I can only imagine the conversation to get this information out there, with all the parties involved scattered across the continent.

Good job Big Blue…and thanks Kim.