Hall most likely to be new DC (Now Official)

Mr. Perfect

Well, well, well. Hall may have a bone of contention with O'Shea before he even hits town. This bears watching.

This is THE story of the off season. I nominate you to follow the brewing O'Shea vs Hall fight and keep us updated as things progress.

I'm hearing rumors that Hall is about to be fired because of a power struggle between O'Shea and Hall over Kuale....oh wait has he been hired yet?  lol

Richie Hall is flat-out good people and a darned good coach as well. His previous experience as a head coach ought to help him understand the type of working relationship that has to exist between head and assistant coaches, and so make for a smooth coordination, Whatever comes up should be easily resolved. Welcome Mr. Hall.

Richie Hall is flat-out good people and a darned good coach as well. His previous experience as a head coach ought to help him understand the type of working relationship that has to exist between head and assistant coaches, and so make for a smooth coordination, Whatever comes up should be easily resolved. Welcome Mr. Hall.

Is this true? If so ,you would think he may still be a head coach if this were true.. Unless he was a good coach with a bunch of bad players.

I think he is a much better choice for DC then we have had in the past while.

spuds is unable to recognize sarcasm lol

The previous couple of obviously goober posts notwithstanding there was overtones of "sky is falling.." in some of them..

Duh. It's January. It's called snow.

Some people...

Lol silly people.. Not knowing stuff.

On the flip side of the coin, with the Saskatchewan job filled, who else is looking for a defensive coordinator?

I suppose it is possible Hall decides he just doesn't want to work next year like Benevides, but there isn't much other competition right now for DC jobs.  Most teams have kept theirs from last year.

On the flip side of the coin, with the Saskatchewan job filled, who else is looking for a defensive coordinator?

I suppose it is possible Hall decides he just doesn't want to work next year like Benevides, but there isn't much other competition right now for DC jobs.  Most teams have kept theirs from last year.

Keep in mind that the Riders have said they are open to keeping Hall on staff, just not as DC.  Normally it would be hard to imagine someone wanting to be in that situation but Hall's ties to Regina are very strong, so it is a possibility.  Perhaps a remote possibility, but a possibility nonetheless.

I agree... and I expect Hall to be the DC... it's just hard not to get a little antsy...

Keep in mind that the Riders have said they are open to keeping Hall on staff, just not as DC.  Normally it would be hard to imagine someone wanting to be in that situation but Hall's ties to Regina are very strong, so it is a possibility.  Perhaps a remote possibility, but a possibility nonetheless.

For sure anything is possible.  Assuming he would stay as a defensive coach (and not special teams), can you imagine being demoted to work under a rookie DC who is basically there to run the defense of the head coach who fired you.

Awkward situation to be in and would have the makings for a dysfunctional staff / toxic atmosphere.  If I was the Riders administration, I wouldn't let that happen.  

Just so everyone can stop speculating ... Hall to Winnipeg is a done deal, it's just a matter of announcing it. I thought today would be the day, but it was pointed out to me that today is a Jets gameday so I would imagine tomorrow.

I've learnt that anything Mike posts is almost always 100% right; so I trust that it is a done deal and will not be as impatient in thinking the same as the others, quick is hired; benevides stepped down why no announcement!!!! I bet it comes out on a non jets game day while its not cold out side so that it is announced on a wonderful day hehe

Honestly though Mike, how do you know everything do you work for the Blue Bombers?