Hall most likely to be new DC (Now Official)

Mr. Perfect

How's Brackenridge at SAM?

Wouldn't Mind Hurl either

Not nearly as good as he is at safety.

Brack & Weldon Brown are both really good players, but we don't have a huge need for either one of them. Hurl at a decent salary would be a nice pick up as well.

You don't think we have a need for really good linebackers? I'd sure take a few.

How's Brackenridge at SAM?

Wouldn't Mind Hurl either

Not nearly as good as he is at safety.

Brack & Weldon Brown are both really good players, but we don't have a huge need for either one of them. Hurl at a decent salary would be a nice pick up as well.

You don't think we have a need for really good linebackers? I'd sure take a few.

Hm for some reason I thought he was still playing corner. But, he'd be playing the SAM and taking Dunn's spot if we signed him, no? We need two more traditional linebackers rather than the converted defensive backs. 

Isn't there a good chance Benevides does nothing and sits at home collecting pay from BC?.

No because his contract ended and was canned before his new one took effect. Wally's a smart ol sumbitch...

Wally and you are both geniuses!!!

http://www.cknw.com/2014/06/24/bc-lions-sign-head-coach-mike-benevides-to-contract-extension-throu/

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cfl/mike-benevides-re-signs-as-b-c-lions-coach-through-2016-1.2686105

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cfl-55-yard-line/firing-head-coach-mike-benevides-is-a-dramatic-change-for-the-b-c--lions--will-it-pay-off-203406952.html

http://metronews.ca/news/vancouver/1218479/b-c-lions-fire-head-coach-mike-benevides/

"@BCLions have signed head coach Mike Benevides to a contract extension through the 2016 season #CFL #TSN

.@BCLions have signed head coach Mike Benevides to a contract extension through the 2016 season #CFL #TSN

— CFL on TSN (@CFLonTSN)

June 24, 2014

From the Vancouver Province:

Despite previous suggestions to the contrary, however, two sources confirmed that Benevides will receive a transitional cash settlement but not the final two seasons on his Lions contract, as the extension given to him by Buono did not become enforceable until next month.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Notebook+Mike+Benevides+still+blue+after+sacking/10426955/story.html

You don't sign a new extension to your contract without some kind of buyout happening when that contract gets tossed out. He likely wouldn't get the full value of it but there was probably a buyout amount in there before X date or something.

As I mentioned earlier, he got a standard severance package when he was fired. Heard it was in the half a year range.

Kuale, already sucking up to the potential new DC.  Funny.

Yeah, O'Shea likes Kuale, so he may not be able to cut him.  Now if he can get Kuale under control, that may be another story.  Although if he couldn't do it in Sask, chances are Kuale is just stubborn and won't change his ways.

Ritchie Hall may have cut Kuale in Sask but maybe Ritchie wants to know if He has to keep him in Wpg before Ritchie decides to sign on the dotted line.

I highly doubt that scenario.

I expect that even if Kuale makes it to TC, there will be a team requirement to reach a certain level of accountability and performance if we strive to improve overall on defence.

We simply can't allow below average play…especially at MLB.

And besides, wasn't it part of the interview process to have the candidates give their assessment of players and perhaps, a wish list of who, or what kind of player they want?

And then, with this information, O'Shea and Walters…make their choice?

Walters and O'Shea have to make their choice but equally the other half of the equation has to decide as well. Other coaches have decided that Winnipeg might not be the best fit for them in the past. It could happen again. I hope not because I think Hall would be a great addition.

There aren't many DC positions available in the CFL for Ritchie to go to. Looks like Mark Washington is staying in BC. Glad with this signing, Hall is a quality DC & a nice guy. I agree with Doug Brown that we have some interesting pieces in place on defense. With a good coach & system in place the guys will do well. I'm a lot more encouraged for  the upcoming season than I was when ETch was here.