Week of BC Lions at Winnipeg - Western Final Edition

Nolby

36 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

I hope it’s -25C and the leos huddle around that stupid space heater while our boys are out there in sleeves.

You’d better not be planning to watch the game from your La-Z-Boy making a wish like that. Fans in the stands would prefer a bit warmer. 

OK folks, have done my part to spur the Bombers on to victory. Just bought 2 tickets to the Jets game against Dallas. Never mess with a streak.

This will be my 4th double-header. The prior 3:

Oct. 19/91 - Bombers beat the Ti-Cats 68-14, Jets beat the Leafs 4-2.

Oct. 22, 2011 - Bombers beat the Alouettes 26-25, Jets beat the Hurricanes 5-3

Dec. 5, 2021 - Bombers beat the Roughriders 21-17, Jets beat the Leafs 6-3.

Perfect record so far. 

30 minutes ago, Stickem said:

.....Hit them early and often.....get Vaj off his game and for cripes sake keep them from starting at the 50 yd. line....Hello' special teams

It would sure help if they had a full D-line rotating for this game but that's not likely to happen, worry about that 4th Q exhaustion kicking in if they don't control time of possession.

39 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Only thing that concerns me is the Bailey and Schoen injuries. If we were at full health, I'd be very confident for next weekend....

Was working out with Johnny A this morning.....so was talking shop with him...picking at him about the injuries.....for most part we fine, but I wanted to zero in on Schoen and Bailey.....he obviously was pretty tight lipped for the most part....tho when we got into specifics, he smiled...laughed....siad guess you will see at the game sunday eh?

My vibe is Bailey will be good to go....Schoen right now 50/50

1 hour ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

VA was scary good yesterday....we can not allow him to get Into a rhythm like that next week. 

Hall has his hands full this full figuring out how to prevent that!

but...was CGY defence and they pretty suspect in a lot of areas, and having to be on field cause the Offence could hardly sustain anything didnt help

Our secondary is a different beast tho....and our receiving group is worlds better and will exploit that BC secondary...again....CGY kinda was, and if not for some bad drops again....the game could have been totally different

We come out...establish the ground game...which we will...and wear down those BC lineman again... and ZC just has to be patient and not force anything...wont need to

1 hour ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

VA was scary good yesterday....we can not allow him to get Into a rhythm like that next week. 

Hall has his hands full this full figuring out how to prevent that!

Easier said than done but keep Vaj in the pocket, give him limited steamboats with WJ and JJ knock downs here and there, aggressive DB play, BO works his magic by establishing the run, ZC well protected allowing him to distribute the ball short, medium and the occasional kill shot, WBB faithful the 13 player. . .

We win, they lose.

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Was working out with Johnny A this morning.....so was talking shop with him...picking at him about the injuries.....for most part we fine, but I wanted to zero in on Schoen and Bailey.....he obviously was pretty tight lipped for the most part....tho when we got into specifics, he smiled...laughed....siad guess you will see at the game sunday eh?

but...was CGY defence and they pretty suspect in a lot of areas, and having to be on field cause the Offence could hardly sustain anything didnt help

Our secondary is a different beast tho....and our receiving group is worlds better and will exploit that BC secondary...again....CGY kinda was, and if not for some bad drops again....the game could have been totally different

We come out...establish the ground game...which we will...and wear down those BC lineman again... and ZC just has to be patient and not force anything...wont need to

This is what separates good teams from great teams. Next man up.

14 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

BC sucks!!!!

Make it so loud that VAJ putting his hands over his ears will mean nothing. Force them to use the silent count.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I hope they show up for Saturday.

48 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Hope it’s cold. 
 Gonna be a tale of pass rush and dl/front play. The team with a qb in trouble struggling to run is gonna lose this game. I fully expect it’ll be bc in trouble and is punching our ticket to the gc. 

It'll be cold.....minus temp. I bet....In any event anything we serve up will be cold to them temp wise....They're not going to be feeling all cozy like they do in Van. with their roof...They'll be sticking around their heater for sure