Week of BC Lions at Winnipeg - Western Final Edition

Nolby

1 hour ago, bluto said:

Was only there once for -40. Dad often took me there on business and we'd fit in a Jets game. This one particular time we were with an associate from his Nassau office who had never even seen snow before. A cherished hilarious memory of seeing him take off down the street at a Johnsonesque sprint to get back to our hotel.

Never implied that Winnipeg doesn't see the nether regions of the thermometer. Just that humid cold hits different.

And on this I have to agree with Bluto - I moved from Dallas to Winnipeg in 1981 (better half is from the Peg). My office was just off Portage and Main and I suffered!! I thought it could not get any worse until I had to spend a week in Toronto in Feb - downtown staying at the Westin (right by the harbor) and walking up to the client about 5 blocks away. I have never been colder even with my walks to my office in the Peg. The wind and dampness and cold just got to me no matter how warm I dressed. Never forget it!

1 hour ago, BBRT said:

And on this I have to agree with Bluto - I moved from Dallas to Winnipeg in 1981 (better half is from the Peg). My office was just off Portage and Main and I suffered!! I thought it could not get any worse until I had to spend a week in Toronto in Feb - downtown staying at the Westin (right by the harbor) and walking up to the client about 5 blocks away. I have never been colder even with my walks to my office in the Peg. The wind and dampness and cold just got to me no matter how warm I dressed. Never forget it!

Spent a week around new year in New York about 8 years back.  Coldest ******* week ever.  Even though it was only about -10 it felt like -40.  Damp cold is the worst cold.

• voodoochylde changed the title to Week of BC Lions at Winnipeg - Western Final Edition
36 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Will be interesting to see what the Bombers do with snap counts this week. Betts and Touhema are the most penalized players in this league by a significant margin, and it is mostly due to trying to jump the snap count. I imagine we will look to exploit that.

Absolutely. Now, when it comes to the other side of the ball, I wonder how VAJ is going to handle the deafening noise and the snap counts at IGF. I believe the more significant adjustment, transitioning from the dome last week to IGF this week, will be dealing with the noise, not so much the chilly weather. Vernon lacks the composure to remain cool under pressure if the crowd gets to him early.

4 hours ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Absolutely. Now, when it comes to the other side of the ball, I wonder how VAJ is going to handle the deafening noise and the snap counts at IGF. I believe the more significant adjustment, transitioning from the dome last week to IGF this week, will be dealing with the noise, not so much the chilly weather. Vernon lacks the composure to remain cool under pressure if the crowd gets to him early.

I'm more concerned about our pressure getting to Vaj. They haven't always had consistent pressure this year

A Ritchie Hall D struggles when the front does not get pressure.  

7 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

I'm more concerned about our pressure getting to Vaj. They haven't always had consistent pressure this year

A Ritchie Hall D struggles when the front does not get pressure.  

Which is a big reason for this game where we should be dressing Fox in the DA spot we been wasting all yr

Fox/Walker/Lawson/the Jeff's with Hansen and Cole rotating as they have been...and small doses of Thomas and Bennet in a cold weather game where owning the line of scrimmage would make way more sense than 6 to 8 snaps of a fullback who for all intents and purposes has really zero effect on the outcome of the game

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Which is a big reason for this game where we should be dressing Fox in the DA spot we been wasting all yr

Fox/Walker/Lawson/the Jeff's with Hansen and Cole rotating as they have been...and small doses of Thomas and Bennet in a cold weather game where owning the line of scrimmage would make way more sense than 6 to 8 snaps of a fullback who for all intents and purposes has really zero effect on the outcome of the game

#fortheW?

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

Plus Fox can play on teams ...he did more on the opening kickoff return destroying a guy than I seen Seal do all damn yr

That dude can fly for a 300lber. We love those rangy athletic imp dts  

You could put fox in on short yardage too just have him maul a guy on the edge and put gray at fb  

1 minute ago, Mark H. said:

Yes. They have had some good games. I am worried about fatique becoming an issue, if the score stays close. DL is crucial to the success of our D.

I'm hopeful that Fox and Haba will remain on the roster this week. I was quite impressed by the performance of our second-string defensive line last week.

7 hours ago, BBRT said:

You walk to your office downtown? You some kind of caped super hero impervious to robbings & muggings? ;)

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

That dude can fly for a 300lber. We love those rangy athletic imp dts  

You could put fox in on short yardage too just have him maul a guy on the edge and put gray at fb  

he is very explosive, and also active from whistle to whistle....he needs to be playing