Week of BC Lions at Winnipeg - Western Final Edition

Nolby

6 hours ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Ah, yes, I grasp your point. But, you see, if you've ever resided in a place with a incessant humidity (which is  unlike Winnipeg), you'll appreciate the bone-chilling embrace of a damp, 4-degree day. Those morning practices in Vancouver will leave them quite soaked and shivering. Never underestimate the bite of a damp cold, my friend.

I'll attest to that.

-10 in the Great Lakes is just different than Prairie -10.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Are you sure? Pretty sure we are just hardier people out here. Can't wait for the Chad to get his first taste of sub zero football as starter.

He is from Buffalo.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

What's Hamilton looking like these days?

Long range for the 19th is 10 and rainy.

EDIT: for those unaware, Buffalo is on the leeward shore of the lake and has double Winnipeg's annual snowfall and bitter cold humid air.

Edited by bluto
geography is cool.

56 minutes ago, bluto said:

He is from Buffalo.

Buffalo a zillion years ago. Never played cold weather football at any serious level of competition. At any rate tho, doesn't sound like it will be too bad in S. Ontario.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

What's Hamilton looking like these days?

I don't know what it looks like, but I am pretty sure I know what it smells like.

Edited by GCn20

9 hours ago, Western Lion said:

Lions will be ready to play Saturday. Big play VA and offence will give Winnipeg a good fight. Looking forward to a good game. 

No doubt about it that big play VA is an apt name, unfortunately, some of those big plays are usually interceptions at very costly times so I suspect our ball hawks are looking forward to that.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

He is from Buffalo.

EDIT: for those unaware, Buffalo is on the leeward shore of the lake and has double Winnipeg's annual snowfall and bitter cold humid air.

Ever try a minus forty with highwinds at the corner of Portage and Main.....coldest spot in the country...I know first hand cuz I worked there....   Bitter cold man but exhilarating if you were born in the Peg

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Ever try a minus forty with highwinds at the corner of Portage and Main.....coldest spot in the country...I know first hand cuz I worked there....   Bitter cold man but exhilarating if you were born in the Peg

In fact, I have.

7 minutes ago, bluto said:

In fact, I have.

Well then you know the wimpy crap when some say in this country, they have actually experienced real cold.....My dad said back in the day (tough ol vet)....when you have been born and brought up in Wpg. you can live anywhere else in the world....temp. wise....Seen a guy fry an egg on the pavement when it was 112 fahrenheit in summer  ....  and seen it drop past the minus 40 mark in Jan....Can you say extreme 

Edited by Stickem

4 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Well then you know the wimpy crap when some say in this country, they have actually experienced real cold.....My dad said back in the day (tough ol vet)....when you have been born and brought up in Wpg. you can live anywhere else in the world....temp. wise....Seen a guy fry an egg on the pavement when it was 112 fahrenheit in summer  ....  and seen it drop past the minus 40 mark in Jan....Can you say extreme 

Was only there once for -40. Dad often took me there on business and we'd fit in a Jets game. This one particular time we were with an associate from his Nassau office who had never even seen snow before. A cherished hilarious memory of seeing him take off down the street at a Johnsonesque sprint to get back to our hotel.

Never implied that Winnipeg doesn't see the nether regions of the thermometer. Just that humid cold hits different.

17 minutes ago, Stickem said:

busked there???....cool lol

Just now, bluto said:

Was only there once for -40. Dad often took me there on business and we'd fit in a Jets game. This one particular time we were with an associate from his Nassau office who had never even seen snow before. A cherished hilarious memory of seeing him take off down the street at a Johnsonesque sprint to get back to our hotel.

Never implied that Winnipeg doesn't see the nether regions of the thermometer. Just that humid cold hits different.

gets in the bones....especially when you have repaired body parts...trust me

34 minutes ago, Stickem said:

But was Randy Bachman there? He says he was. lmao