Week of BC Lions at Winnipeg - Western Final Edition

Nolby

1 hour ago, White Out said:

Pretty excited for the game tomorrow. The Bombers spent the entire 90s through the 2010s (mostly) shattering my soul, but they've certainly made the wait worth it. Hopefully the boys bring it home and it starts Sunday. I hope we play a clean game shove it down the Lions throats.

Poor @White Out is going to wake up tomorrow not realizing there isn’t a game to watch. lol 

Edited by canadianjayhawk

Today is pretty simple:

* Physical line play and a run game that keeps us ahead of the sticks is going to be key - Free Brady.  Stack up first downs and let the crowd roar.

* Can’t allow VAJ to step up in the pocket and take advantage of a weak or undisciplined rush.  His legs can extend drives and put pressure on our secondary.

* Don’t give up the big play early. BC (much like TO) has thrived on explosion plays but we need to set the tone early - let them know they are going to have to earn every single yard the hard way.

* Zach can’t have tunnel vision. He’s had games (going back to last year) where he forces things (unnecessary deep shots or to specific receivers) and this is often when things go sideways. 

Just a few thoughts running around my head.  Let’s roll Bombers.

48 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Today is pretty simple:

* Physical line play and a run game that keeps us ahead of the sticks is going to be key - Free Brady.  Stack up first downs and let the crowd roar.

* Can’t allow VAJ to step up in the pocket and take advantage of a weak or undisciplined rush.  His legs can extend drives and put pressure on our secondary.

* Don’t give up the big play early. BC (much like TO) has thrived on explosion plays but we need to set the tone early - let them know they are going to have to earn every single yard the hard way.

* Zach can’t have tunnel vision. He’s had games (going back to last year) where he forces things (unnecessary deep shots or to specific receivers) and this is often when things go sideways. 

Just a few thoughts running around my head.  Let’s roll Bombers.

It's also possible that Zach just decides to throw 5 first half TD passes and ends the game before anyone's first bathroom break.

23 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

More reliable than a Swiss train conductor. 

Here is the big question after the roster came out - barring injury, has Winston Rose played his last game as a Bomber?

May or may not be significant, but according to CFL.ca transactions Rose has been moved to PR and not the 1 game IR along with Haba, whereas McGhee and Garbutt have been moved to the 1 game IR.  This could just be a way to get a couple of PR players game day cheques, or it may be an indication that decisions have been made on who they want to bring back next season, as all PR players at the end of season become free agents.

Edited by Fatty Liver

On 2023-11-09 at 8:31 AM, Wideleft said:

Given the forecasted -4 to -7 windchill (wind gusting to 30) and 80% humidity (dampness), I wouldn't be surprised at all if both Zach and VAJ throw for under 225 yards.  I think the Bombers will run for more than 175 though.  

Thinking somewhere along a 20-14 win for the Blue that will be in doubt for a good part of the game.  I will be drunk by the final whistle.

giphy.gif