Banjo Bowl early thread

blue85gold

16 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

Again short term thinking ... I am after the long term gain ... I want to be a team to be feared and not just because of talent ... that might win us the grey cup ... but for now there is not enough pride in our selves

How'd that work out long term for Garrett Marino.   He was feared because he was going to end someone's career not because he had an ounce of talent.

Maybe you should go cheer for the green guys if that's the style of play you are looking for.

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

I personally think @BigBlue should go be a real man and walk into Bombers practice and explain to the entire O why they're pansies. Lead by example right?

I have said my thing ... some might want to become Rider fans 

7 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

How'd that work out long term for Garrett Marino.   He was feared because he was going to end someone's career not because he had an ounce of talent.

Maybe you should go cheer for the green guys if that's the style of play you are looking for.

You have it exactly backwards but congrats on the hi IQ

17 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

lol you're acting like this is Friday night lights or something lol. That's not the way pro sports work anymore. So you're "Long term" gain is to potentially get one of our starters on O suspended, ON TOP of potentially losing our star QB (at that time, no one knew how bad the injury was/wasn't) for a game against a western rival who is still in the hunt for playoff spot? 

I'm not sure if you're trolling at this point or not, but your points are dumb. You make the kind of points I tell my son complete ******* idiots make. I'm not saying you are either...just that idiots think a lot like you. People who play the game, the way you are suggesting are ******* stupid and usually have a short and mediocre career.

I have said my thing ... Gordo's video from Pascucci says it all and nothing further needs to be said .... just action taken

I have said all I need to say... it takes consensus to bring about real and effective change... so we find the change or we won't

You don't get it and you never will

When you trot out the "troll" word I know its your pride talking and that's a shame ... your judgment has been shown to be excellent judging by your Pick'em score but go mock somebody else ...

people are nearly always guilty of what they accuse another of and that includes trolling  and mocking

55 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

I have said my thing ... Gordo's video from Pascucci says it all and nothing further needs to be said .... just action taken

I have said all I need to say... it takes consensus to bring about real and effective change... so we find the change or we won't

You don't get it and you never will

When you trot out the "troll" word I know its your pride talking and that's a shame ... your judgment has been shown to be excellent judging by your Pick'em score but go mock somebody else ...

people are nearly always guilty of what they accuse another of and that includes trolling  and mocking

Read that part again, but slower...

I've replied to your dumb statements about the bombers being pansies for not retaliating. I'm not sure how you think those videos prove your point? And who needs consensus? The Bombers? You don't make sense.

Edited by Bigblue204

4 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Lawrence got called for 25 yards for his hit. It doesn't seem like the league calls many of those.

Rough play disqualification is 25 yards..u will see it on a spear ejection or a really blatant punch ...

23 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

And really...how could he not...and also the smart move to not try to appeal

5 hours ago, BigBlue said:

Over the years I have seen a number of bench clearing brawls on the sports hilite shows .... but I believe they were mainly all college football games ... If we had a bench clearing brawl last Saturday maybe it would have woke a few people up like the league's governors and the zebras ... maybe the smugness would go away and actual change would be engineered by the powers that govern us ... QB &  player safety would happen immediately ... fan entertainment and not partisan advantage might take the forefront ... other knuckle dragging things might finally be addressed

"a player that retired a quarter-century ago" ... what does age have to do with manliness and being the family/team protector have to do with age? I would rather lose the Grey Cup than see Zach's career end on a cheap shot

Dignity is more important than discipline

Discipline without dignity is harlotry...

And if we had of lost because all 5 of our O-Linemen jumped on Robertson at once, reducing him to an ink spot, this Saturday  would have turned into the greatest most anticipated game of all time in Winnipeg history

Stop & think what you're saying. You want to see bench clearing brawls in football? When teams are already thin at certain positions, you want to see suspensions as well? Give your head a shake. Football is not hockey. Discipline in the sport has always been extremely stressed from pee wee to pros & is absolutely paramount. It is one of the pillars the sport is built upon.

The other thing, football players are protected with all kinds of equipment. Just where will any player throw the first punch without breaking his hand?? Fighting in football makes no sense as players can get seriously hurt. That's why it doesn't happen very often. 

A lack of fighting or retaliation doesn't mean anything other than players have been taught not to take stupid retaliatory penalties as it hurts THE TEAM. And, TEAM will always come first. If it doesn't then you have garbage organizations like the Riders who never win anything despite trying to think they intimidate when they don't. 

Now then, go back to watching more You Tube videos of the 1975 Philadelphia Flyers bench clearing brawls.

19 minutes ago, Booch said:

Rough play disqualification is 25 yards..u will see it on a spear ejection or a really blatant punch ...

And really...how could he not...and also the smart move to not try to appeal

Probably told by the CFLPA & his team to just get it over with. What a classless organization. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Stop & think what you're saying. You want to see bench clearing brawls in football? When teams are already thin at certain positions, you want to see suspensions as well? Give your head a shake. Football is not hockey. Discipline in the sport has always been extremely stressed from pee wee to pros & is absolutely paramount. It is one of the pillars the sport is built upon.

The other thing, football players are protected with all kinds of equipment. Just where will any player throw the first punch without breaking his hand?? Fighting in football makes no sense as players can get seriously hurt. That's why it doesn't happen very often. 

A lack of fighting or retaliation doesn't mean anything other than players have been taught not to take stupid retaliatory penalties as it hurts THE TEAM. And, TEAM will always come first. If it doesn't then you have garbage organizations like the Riders who never win anything despite trying to think they intimidate when they don't. 

Now then, go back to watching more You Tube videos of the 1975 Philadelphia Flyers bench clearing brawls.

Probably told by the CFLPA & his team to just get it over with. What a classless organization. 

U would hope that was the case

23 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

Beat ‘em at football … that’s all they need to do 👍🏻

Yup

30 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

Beat ‘em at football … that’s all they need to do 👍🏻

This should be plastered everywhere leading up to this weekend.

These guys are professionals but it will still be important for the coaches to harness the players energy into executing their assignments, play hard and disciplined to the whistle and no more.

And and added incentive, no mercy will be shown to the Riders.