Banjo Bowl early thread

blue85gold

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

Why not...he can get some play time...a lil coin and be released end of yr to explore his last shot....most teams in NFL don't see him as a viable #2 so really...if he wants to play...it's in Canada...and he's not a spring chicken anymore

If we lose Dru Brown and CS wants to play not sit, he may become a lot more relevant to our short term future plan.

12 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

It would be 100% in his character to come back for a cup run. 
If he’s doing appearances for the Bombers, it means at the very least he’s not going to another CFL team this year. 

We know the Bombers have the money. 

He told the Sun that he will not be returning to the CFL this year. Wants to explore all NFL options first. Next year tho....hmmm.

34 minutes ago, Booch said:

Why not...he can get some play time...a lil coin and be released end of yr to explore his last shot....most teams in NFL don't see him as a viable #2 so really...if he wants to play...it's in Canada...and he's not a spring chicken anymore

Cause he's not taking Browns spot. And I'm not sure he'd accept Prukop $$.

6 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Cause he's not taking Browns spot. And I'm not sure he'd accept Prukop $$.

It's a moot point, he's on record saying not this year. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he and Walters crack a couple beers this weekend and discuss what a possible return next year might look like tho. He's not up here solely for shits and giggles. I think he's giving the Bombers first crack at him for next year and he is doing it the proper way...in person.

Edited by GCn20

I think Streveler is back next year when Dru walks in free agency. Then we can move on from Prukop, have an eye towards the future when Collaros walks and get everything sorted out kind of all in one.

Streveler didn’t leave as a starting caliber QB but I would not be surprised if he returned as one

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Honest question.... if collaros doesn't snap out of whatever funk he is in is it worth him being one of the biggest salaries in the league?

Yeah even if he doesn’t he’s worth it. It’s worth the expense just to have the potential mop and dominant qb. The alternative is soo bad when you watch what crappy teams are going through. 

Id love to get strevy back and cut poopkup

28 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Honest question.... if collaros doesn't snap out of whatever funk he is in is it worth him being one of the biggest salaries in the league?

Yup- if we cut him there would be 5-6 other teams with wheelbarrows of money ready to sign him.

I think right now it's a matter of ZC trying to do too.much...as that's the competitor in him...but when you see him just play within himself this yr...many times ..it's business as usual

He has at times looked to be a bit skiddish in pocket...but again...is that him more anxious to make something happen...or something else?

I think this game...and follow up with Hamilton and then the teams opening moments in the T.O game will be the answer

It's crunch time now...so let's see if this group is the group we know they should be

5 hours ago, Booch said:

He not on it .. injury settlement .. effectively a free agent...and he been working out just fine recently...and running a QB achool

Strevy did an interview with OB on the drive home yesterday. He’s staying in shape hoping for his phone to ring from the NFL. Week 2 or week 15 he’ll be ready to answer the call. 

He’s only here for the party and see his friends. 

3 hours ago, GCJenks said:

Strevy did an interview with OB on the drive home yesterday. He’s staying in shape hoping for his phone to ring from the NFL. Week 2 or week 15 he’ll be ready to answer the call. 

He’s only here for the party and see his friends. 

This year...yea..but he's getting his exit strategy for the NFL ready too. He's not a fool..and he is hoping it's the Bombers if not the NFL.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

This year...yea..but he's getting his exit strategy for the NFL ready too. He's not a fool..and he is hoping it's the Bombers if not the NFL.

Yup...he knows this yr is his last shot to hook on for the yr ...he will be back in CFL for 2024