Banjo Bowl early thread

blue85gold

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

I would have given McCrae 1 more game honestly. It wasn't much, but he did break a decent return against MTL. Maybe that was the start of something...? probably not, but I thought it would have been good to see. Parker was a disappointment imo. Just doesn't look to have that burst that good returners have. That's what I like about McCrae, if given a lane he has the speed to score from anywhere. I'm not sure the same can be said about Parker....he looked flat out slow out there.

In all 3 losses, Zach has pushed the ball downfield when shorter throws were there. He's done it every game honestly, but the losses stick out more! lol

Actually Parker is prob one of fastest guys on team...

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

D line needs reinforcements, they are sucking air in the 4th and not getting close to the qb. It's a mystery how an offence with a top rated qb, top rated running back and a group of receivers like the guys we have are having such a tough time getting on track 

But but but...some here say that stupid roster decision to dress 6...2 of whom for lack of better word are inadequate is not an issue cause we won 2 cups...last of which is now 2 yrs ago 

23 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

If they don’t come out and play the best game of the year we are screwed. But I’m sure we will. 

I realize there are issues in some areas of the roster, and that is going to happen with any team. What bugs me about this loss and the Ottawa loss, is the how they simply founds ways to lose.

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

But but but...some here say that stupid roster decision to dress 6...2 of whom for lack of better word are inadequate is not an issue cause we won 2 cups...last of which is now 2 yrs ago 

Sure. But they still should not have more than 1 loss.

I believe the head butt had more impact than any body has stated so far ... how much ? A lot ... it is a confidence thing ... AND the lack of no one ripping apart said offender ... penalties be damned ... if it were the NHL that guy would have to stay off the ice for that and every subsequent game ie if he did not want to go back to the dressing room in a stretcher ... we are acting like pansies

AS to performance by Zach, he has the ghost of injuries past in his head now

Further any head shot is going to have an immediate effect ... the finesse disappears as one goes in to overcome mode

SHEESH !!! &^%$#$#%^&&*(

2 hours ago, BigBlue said:

... we are acting like pansies

Exactly how many yards in retaliation penalties before you're acting like a real man? It's called discipline, something our team prides itself on. Best revenge is laying 50 points on them this weekend

8 hours ago, ddanger said:

Totally agree. The yards we gave up on kick returns compared to what we generated DEMANDS a change

Effen rights. I think the kick return average was something like 9 yards last game, for them it was over 38. 

Edited by Rod Black

11 hours ago, Booch said:

We could conceivably add all 3...or Fox instead of Clements...McRae should sit in favour of Fox/Haba because Parker can return..and really McRae does nothing exceptional for the offence...how many actual reps had he even gotten last 3 games...none of note

Booch, Parker was dreadful as a kick returner. McCrae is much more versatile & is a better returner than Parker. Can you see O'Shea dressing Fox? I sure can't. 

7 hours ago, bustamente said:

D line needs reinforcements, they are sucking air in the 4th and not getting close to the qb. It's a mystery how an offence with a top rated qb, top rated running back and a group of receivers like the guys we have are having such a tough time getting on track 

Simple. It's a slump. Things happen. Guys maybe get complacent. Perhaps one of the receivers think the other guy will make a play. Just a lot of reasons for it to happen, They just have to get untracked. I'm hoping the Robertson headbutt will wake this team up & motivate them to put an ass whupping on the Riders on Saturday.

I'm somewhat let down that the O-line didn't lay down the law on Robertson after that despicable move. On the plus side, we avoided an offsetting penalty and managed to punch it in for a touchdown instead of settling for a field goal. However, it feels like we're lacking that gritty, never-back-down attitude that's been a signature of our top-tier offensive line in recent seasons. I'm starting to think the hogs are showing signs of aging.

1 hour ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

I'm somewhat let down that the O-line didn't lay down the law on Robertson after that despicable move. On the plus side, we avoided an offsetting penalty and managed to punch it in for a touchdown instead of settling for a field goal. However, it feels like we're lacking that gritty, never-back-down attitude that's been a signature of our top-tier offensive line in recent seasons. I'm starting to think the hogs are showing signs of aging.

Football is a different sport than hockey where retaliation is the name of the game. There aren't a lot of fights. Discipline is stressed so much. Unless you're a Rider player. 

7 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

Exactly how many yards in retaliation penalties before you're acting like a real man? It's called discipline, something our team prides itself on. Best revenge is laying 50 points on them this weekend

Disagree ... there is time for un-disciplined team pride and support ... like when they go after your key man like your goalie or your QB or your Wayne Gretsky ... your thoughts are MOS syndrome   ... this has nothging to do with discipline

40 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

Disagree ... there is time for un-disciplined team pride and support ... like when they go after your key man like your goalie or your QB or your Wayne Gretsky ... your thoughts are MOS syndrome   ... this has nothging to do with discipline

Channel the anger and frustration into beating the man in front of you and making them regret crossing the line. This is sport, not gang turf, we settle things on the scoreboard. Maybe we should be more like BC and meet them in the parking lot? Maybe we could be like TOR and go fight in the stands?

MOS syndrome? You mean, least penalized team in the league year in year out? Thats not weakness, that's net yardage, that's winning a game of inches. Discipline.

1 minute ago, MOBomberFan said:

Channel the anger and frustration into beating the man in front of you and making them regret crossing the line. This is sport, not gang turf, we settle things on the scoreboard. Maybe we should be more like BC and meet them in the parking lot? Maybe we could be like TOR and go fight in the stands?

MOS syndrome? You mean, least penalized team in the league year in year out? Thats not weakness, that's net yardage, that's winning a game of inches. Discipline.

What do you think would happen if your gangster would head but Wayne Gretsky?

Saskatchewan is more aware of Zach's concussion history than any one... Any concussion can be a career ender for Collaros

Least penalized team, outscore them next game, exalt discipline over male protector role = pansy city, a lack of testosterone, and the absence of the right kind of  passion

lethargy is every where on our club, stand-pat  complacency is this year's theme, a total lack of urgency is killing us INSPITE of EXTREME TALENT

Pansy City I say ... its why we do not dominate anymore (unless the loser gives up and capitulates)

I am tired of having to come back from behind to win ... we are going to see talent migrate

1 hour ago, BigBlue said:

What do you think would happen if your gangster would head but Wayne Gretsky?

Least penalized team, outscore them next game, exalt discipline over male protector role = pansy city, a lack of testosterone, and the absence of the right kind of  passion

I'd love for you to provide a single example of a football team retaliating against a player that emphasizes your point. Name one instance of a tough guy football team getting their star player messed with, followed by the team retaliating on the field, followed by 'earned respect' or their players otherwise no longer being messed with. Can you do that? I sincerely doubt it. Maybe you'll have to keep referring to an entirely different sport, and a player that retired a quarter-century ago.

Brady was actively trying to deter any lineman from doing anything..and to be honest not sure most if anyone actually saw it..Kolo and Dobson possibly as they both came over immediately

But Brady had sense to try and deter any secondary penalties to take advantage of the ball position and scoring chance

Smart

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Booch, Parker was dreadful as a kick returner. McCrae is much more versatile & is a better returner than Parker. Can you see O'Shea dressing Fox? I sure can't. 

Both been brutal...and McRae I don't think offers more ...we need more on defense than a 4 play a game offensive piece...at least Parker secured the ball with no fear off turning it over...I'll take Marvin Coleman catch and get any yards over what McRae gave us 

20 minutes ago, Booch said:

Brady was actively trying to deter any lineman from doing anything..and to be honest not sure most if anyone actually saw it..Kolo and Dobson possibly as they both came over immediately

But Brady had sense to try and deter any secondary penalties to take advantage of the ball position and scoring chance

Smart

Both been brutal...and McRae I don't think offers more ...we need more on defense than a 4 play a game offensive piece...at least Parker secured the ball with no fear off turning it over...I'll take Marvin Coleman catch and get any yards over what McRae gave us 

Beyond the two rouges, Parker let at least one if not two other punts bounce in front of him, and tried east-west a bit too much. Let’s face it, neither is in the same universe as Grant, and O’Shea will show him that loyalty you seem to hate and give Parker another chance this week if the coach’s show comment is to be believed, but he was hardly the saviour you’ve been touting with your weekly rants for the past 6 games. And Parker also made the single biggest gaffe on coverage teams when he tripped his own player. He was not good last game, and was less of a difference maker in the secondary than McCrae has been on offence, and that is a low bar. But hey, one game. Let’s see how he does this week. 

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Beyond the two rouges, Parker let at least one if not two other punts bounce in front of him, and tried east-west a bit too much. Let’s face it, neither is in the same universe as Grant, and O’Shea will show him that loyalty you seem to hate and give Parker another chance this week if the coach’s show comment is to be believed, but he was hardly the saviour you’ve been touting with your weekly rants for the past 6 games. And Parker also made the single biggest gaffe on coverage teams when he tripped his own player. He was not good last game, and was less of a difference maker in the secondary than McCrae has been on offence, and that is a low bar. But hey, one game. Let’s see how he does this week. 

You not trying to make changes...then you ain't trying...like I've said in other posts they should have been auditioning true returners...but back to what u are alluding to...Osh seems to think everyone is a number one and can do it.. especially if they been here a while...which we have seen is obviously not the case

Fact of the matter...save for the majority of our starters...our depth/role guys are not top teir anymore

15 hours ago, Booch said:

sorry but no one here is making this argument... I think we all agree this team would benefit from a heavier DL rotation... what some are saying is the roster management is not as terrible as you're making it out to be 

8 hours ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

I think the lack of retalliation on Robertson by our O-line was probably due to the expectation that he would be ejected, fined and suspended for an appropriate time by the league. The Bombers were behind at the time and needed to keep their cool and not take a reaction penaty.