Castillo vs Liegghio

Interesting to see that at almost the half way point both kickers have identical stats (that’s if TSN has accurate stats). 
Both are 18/19 on FGs and both have missed 3 extra points (Castillo 23/26 and Leggs 6/9). They both have the same FG percentage at 94.7 and have almost the same longest made (Castillo 52/Leggs 50). Liegghio has played one less game. 

Not sure if we payed more for Castillo or not but will these 2 kickers end up having the same stats at season end? Would Leggs have missed more PATs if he were to have faced the same number of them as Castillo has? Is Castillo really an upgrade or will time tell (playoffs)?

it was almost a certainty that this was going to happen. Same as Larry Arugula..... once the pressure was off from being in this market, he was going to shine. If he'd stayed here, I'm not sure anything would have changed. I'm happy with Castillo, even though it's really ****** up our ratio. 

its a matter of trust and being clutch in big situations...Castillo has earned and proved that...Leggs hasn't....and he still looks unsure/uncertain when he lines up...Castillo lines up like it's a given.....you need to pay extra for that and go with it until proven otherwise....just sucks we lost the 3 jobs in 1 guy situation....and it not being a DA....but sometimes I guess you have to make concessions

7 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Interesting to see that at almost the half way point both kickers have identical stats (that’s if TSN has accurate stats). 
Both are 18/19 on FGs and both have missed 3 extra points (Castillo 23/26 and Leggs 6/9). They both have the same FG percentage at 94.7 and have almost the same longest made (Castillo 52/Leggs 50). Liegghio has played one less game. 

Not sure if we payed more for Castillo or not but will these 2 kickers end up having the same stats at season end? Would Leggs have missed more PATs if he were to have faced the same number of them as Castillo has? Is Castillo really an upgrade or will time tell (playoffs)?

I’m sure we are paying Castillo atleast half a minimum contract more. 
 His 66 nearly 67 yards per kick off is pretty much his career best, though he is seriously sacrificing hang time for the extra 5 yards. 
 It’s odd that legs isn’t punting for the cats that’s really where the value in a guy like him comes from. But it’s also odd that we don’t just have Jamison kick off. 

I doubt their season ending numbers will be too close. Legs is going to get much more work in and need to carry them in points. Where as Sergio won’t face a ton of pressure or volume. 

I wouldn’t have made the move, but it’s too late for regrets. And with our volume of 6 game ir guys I don’t think the cost difference will end up being a factor.  

While the FG% is the same, Sergio is making 88.4% of his converts and Legs is at 66.7%, an area where he has struggled before. Sergio has 7 attempts from 40 or beyond while Legs has 3. 6 out of 19 or nearly 33% of Legs kicks are from less than thirty yards while Sergio has only 3 from that distance. I wish Leigghio nothing but the best but I'd rather have Sergio.

23 minutes ago, bearpants said:

As mentioned... Castillo's 2021 GC stats are all you need to know... disappointed it didn't work out with Legs... but if we need a clutch kick in November this year... I'm much more confident we'll get it

That game was crazy, it was played with and against an absolutely howling wind too.  Castillo was stone cold brilliant in that one.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Castillo won us a Grey Cup and Liegghio soiled his shorts.

Another underrated aspect of the move is that we have a punter on league minimum for 3 years and Liegghio was headed to Hamilton next year anyway.

Most likely and by the way their fan base was reacting after we drafted him...for sure....I can recall a lot written by their locals that we robbed them of their shot at drafting Leggs.....He's home now, and it was an eventuality at any rate

3 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

While the FG% is the same, Sergio is making 88.4% of his converts and Legs is at 66.7%, an area where he has struggled before. Sergio has 7 attempts from 40 or beyond while Legs has 3. 6 out of 19 or nearly 33% of Legs kicks are from less than thirty yards while Sergio has only 3 from that distance. I wish Leigghio nothing but the best but I'd rather have Sergio.

Yeah when you look at the details there really is no question about who is having the better year. All the best to Legs. But he's not on Castillos level just yet.

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yeah when you look at the details there really is no question about who is having the better year. All the best to Legs. But he's not on Castillos level just yet.

Yeah, I have a lot more faith in Sergio's longer field goal tries.

@DTonOB Do you have your Troy Westwood memorial kicker rankings for this season handy?

22 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Saddest part is if Castillo would have come back last season, we are likely threepeat champs right now......

There’s no likely about it, and we all knew Legs was gonna cost us the GreyCup. 

I can’t believe anyone would argue that we’d rather have Legs. We likely don’t win in 2020 if we don’t bring Castillo on.