Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

5 hours ago, Stickem said:

You dawg kelowna   LOL LOL.....I spit my coffee all over my breakfast when I read that.....We know one thing the first names are the same after that.........................I think the challenge to duke it out is still on between the two Lyles  ....could be a mean gum fight  

Like Robins in the spring, a MBB thread mentions the old book seller. 
Any word on if he’s still kickin?

Does anyone remember the poster from nearly two decades ago who was everywhere on CFL forums. He was from Vancouver. He was severely injured in a bar fight well over a decade ago when a gay bashing patron thought he touched him & he sucker punched the guy from behind. He fell backwards & cracked his skull in the floor causing a severe brain injury. He was confined to a wheelchair from that point on & was no longer able to do anything on his own. He eventually succumbed to his injuries & the guy who hit him got jail time. My understanding was that he was a successful investment broker in Vancouver when he was injured. He loved the Lions first & the CFL second. 

His name was Rich & he went by that same name online. He loved his Bombay bourbon. He could be a pain in the ass at times when he was sucking back his favourite beveredge & had a bit too many but was also a nice guy when sober. I miss him. Rest In Peace, Rich. 

KBF, do you remember him?  

6 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Now now, don’t be nasty. 

Sorry, not sorry. 

8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Does anyone remember the poster from nearly two decades ago who was everywhere on CFL forums. He was from Vancouver. He was severely injured in a bar fight well over a decade ago when a gay bashing patron thought he touched him & he sucker punched the guy from behind. He fell backwards & cracked his skull in the floor causing a severe brain injury. He was confined to a wheelchair from that point on & was no longer able to do anything on his own. He eventually succumbed to his injuries & the guy who hit him got jail time. My understanding was that he was a successful investment broker in Vancouver when he was injured. He loved the Lions first & the CFL second. 

His name was Rich & he went by that same name online. He loved his Bombay bourbon. He could be a pain in the ass at times when he was sucking back his favourite beveredge & had a bit too many but was also a nice guy when sober. I miss him. Rest In Peace, Rich. 

Sorry, not sorry. 

Rich was a great guy. Easily my favourite fellow cfl fan.  

13 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Sorry, not sorry. 

I recall him well too...shame what happened...he was a very active poster

47 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Sorry, not sorry. 

Yup.  What happened to Rich was one of my many reminders that life really can be a $&#$ sometimes....and not very fair.  Argh.

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

CFL has issued its Week 1 discipline report. Two notes as it relates to the : -Brandon Alexander was fined for a high hit on Ticat receiver Kiondré Smith -Ticat DT Mohammed Diallo was fined for unnecessary roughness on Geoff Gray.

Was surprised BA didn't get a penalty for that hit when they showed the replay

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Sorry, not sorry. 

I remember him. What a shame. I think I was 12 or 13 years old when I first ran into him either on our bombers or 13thman. He was a great guy and very passionate about the CFL just a terrible fate and a reminder that life is short and unpredictable. Guys like him make me nostalgic for great times on the internet and what message boards used to be like at one point in time. 

4 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I remember him. What a shame. I think I was 12 or 13 years old when I first ran into him either on our bombers or 13thman. He was a great guy and very passionate about the CFL just a terrible fate and a reminder that life is short and unpredictable. Guys like him make me nostalgic for great times on the internet and what message boards used to be like at one point in time. 

I too remember. Very sad story. He frequented our bombers quite a bit. RIP..

I met Rich a long time ago when I was visiting family in Vancouver. We went to a Lions vs Bombers game and I met him at the tailgate. Treated me like ******* royalty. He treated everyone so well. What a great guy. I was mad for a while when I heard that news. A tremendous loss for the CFL community and the world. Anti-LGTBQ idiots can go **** themselves.

Yeah, I remember being very angry as well when the murder took place. Rest assured, Rich may have lived for a couple of years after that assault under 24 hour personal care but that punch killed him. Even if it took awhile. The coward tried to run out of the bar but was restrained by patrons for the police to arrive. 

11 minutes ago, Jesse said:

It doesn't even have to be Lemon. But we don't have another American DE on the roster. That's ridiculous.

Haba has been here for 5 minutes. There's no reason we should be in this position.

At least Haba was here for some of camp and got in the 2nd pre-season game.  Fox has been here even less time and he's on the roster and I assume he will be rotating in frequently.  Either way, it's not great.

5 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

At least Haba was here for some of camp and got in the 2nd pre-season game.  Fox has been here even less time and he's on the roster and I assume he will be rotating in frequently.  Either way, it's not great.

at least Fox has played CFL games before, and was just through a whole TC...so he won't be much of a concern like a raw rookie new to the CFL

19 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Fox is the DA so he can take 23 snaps from Schmekel. I think that's an upgrade.

17 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Fox meets the standards for that?

no he doesnt...DA is basically the new term for DI...

But if coach was smart, and not so stubborn in trying to prove his point....whatever it may be he could declare one of Willie..Biggie..Darby...BA...Nichols as the nationlized guy and truly make the defense more formidable...but he wont...just watch...one of Willie or Haba now is gonna get dinged or hurt as they will be bagged out from basically playing all game....and then we are really effd

15 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah, I remember being very angry as well when the murder took place. Rest assured, Rich may have lived for a couple of years after that assault under 24 hour personal care but that punch killed him. Even if it took awhile. The coward tried to run out of the bar but was restrained by patrons for the police to arrive. 

RitchDowrey.jpg?itok=MpuoMJJ9

RIP 

Ritch Dowrey, victim of 2009 gaybashing attack, dies | Georgia Straight Vancouver's News & Entertainment Weekly

Edited by kelownabomberfan