Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

Kinda shocked about Thomas....Maybe he told club he was opting off the PR....And don't blame him if he seen there was no way to get on it....Fox looks like he may be a bit of a load in middle....Thought they really liked Cole...Guess not so much

4 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Thomas is a WTF?

Muhhamad played in Calgary last year did he not? Thought he played well if I am thinking of the right player.

Yep, Muhhamad was with the Stamps last year.  16 regular season games with 50 defensive tackles, two interceptions, and one force fumble.

Miles Fox was also with BC last season and was one of their last cuts this year.

7 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Thomas is a WTF?

Muhhamad played in Calgary last year did he not? Thought he played well if I am thinking of the right player.

yeah was thinkng same thing...I recall him making some noteworthy plays....hope it wasnt for the wrong reasons tho, but I do remember the announcers talking about him

1 minute ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Didn’t he get an I.C. against us?

pretty sure he did something of note against us here at home

I wonder if Miller is ready for week 2, if we see him take that useless roster spot of that Olineman we dressed and Fox take Jackson's...and sturdy up the middle?....Or I guess Jeffcoats if he doesnt dress

29 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah was thinkng same thing...I recall him making some noteworthy plays....hope it wasnt for the wrong reasons tho, but I do remember the announcers talking about him

38 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Thomas is a WTF?

He was maybe our best dl in preseason. Only thing I can think is didn’t fit the locker room or maybe didn’t want to sit pr. 

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Miles-Fox-DL-WakeForest

fox is a stud dt prospect too. 

33 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Yep, Muhhamad was with the Stamps last year.  16 regular season games with 50 defensive tackles, two interceptions, and one force fumble.

Miles Fox was also with BC last season and was one of their last cuts this year.

Muhhamad was one of the noticeably good players in the secondary last year for the stamps against the Bombers. In a bad secondary he was always making plays, he was very physical too If i remember correctly. 

1 minute ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Muhhamad was one of the noticeably good players in the secondary last year for the stamps against the Bombers. In a bad secondary he was always making plays, he was very physical too If i remember correctly. 

yeah thats what it was...laid a few good pops on a few of our guys...

Guess Ritchie didn't like what he saw with Thomas. From my view thought he was ok but I did notice that most of the time he was in a 1 on 1 battle and walker would take on 2. Doug Brown seemed to think that sacks weren't always a good indication of if you played well

I'm sure someone will give Thomas a shot  

Edited by Goalie

54 minutes ago, Mike said:

I like Muhammad but I’m really getting tired of our PR being a revolving door because guys rarely get an opportunity

No problem, I'm sure Holm won't mind going back on the PR for the remainder of the season, if he's a good soldier he'll take having his career derailed with a smile.  In the end Winston Rose may be the odd man out as he's probably the least physical of all the DB's. Sooner or later Ford is likely to return as well, but I guess having too many assets is always a good problem to have.

Edited by Fatty Liver

19 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I really like the Muhammad signing. That guy's hitter. 

yup...We lacking that with Parker out with our DB's...He very physical and a good tackler...Our boy Holm...even with all these apparent accolades and gushing over is a waif...gets lost in heavy traffic and isnt physical at all...hence my disdain

14 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

No problem, I'm sure Holm won't mind going back on the PR for the remainder of the season, if he's a good soldier he'll take having his career derailed with a smile.  In the end Winston Rose may be the odd man out as he's probably the least physical of all the DB's. Sooner or later Ford is likely to return as well, but I guess having too many assets is always a good problem to have.

Actually if you look back over the last few yrs Rose comes up and supports the run, and has taken down a lot of guys in the flats or on a bubble screen very well in a solo capacity...He has no problem coming in and smacking a guy

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

yup...We lacking that with Parker out with our DB's...He very physical and a good tackler...Our boy Holm...even with all these apparent accolades and gushing over is a waif...gets lost in heavy traffic and isnt physical at all...hence my disdain

Actually if you look back over the last few yrs Rose comes up and supports the run, and has taken down a lot of guys in the flats or on a bubble screen very well in a solo capacity...He has no problem coming in and smacking a guy

Who else do you see losing their starting spot?  Somethings got to give.

20 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

In every dream home a heartache.

7 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Who else do you see losing their starting spot?  Somethings got to give.

No clue to be honest but a good problem to have...I can see if/when Rose is healthy they give him a shot to maintain his CB position...and 2 of Houston/Muhammed and Parker make up the HB /extra DB position...If we choose to dress DB as a DI...It's a fools game not to, but I also prefer that extra DT on the Roster...

Cole was missed on ST as he is unreal there, but if Miller is back then we will be better, so maybe we keep him on the 1 game a lil longer and dress that extra lineman, and forego the DI spot on a 6th db...as it stands and looks now tho....when Rose..Parker...Wilson..Hansen are back, and the addition of Muhammed now...we gonna have quite the log jam of whos on roster, and who's not....a problem that is super to have, but I could see a trade happening, or some major talent being shuffled around on 1 game and PR all year....depth sure is a nice problem to have tho...and I am pretty sure Ford will be back as well....more depth issues lol

Edited by Booch