Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I wasn't aware that a DE/DT requires multiple weeks of time with a club in order to learn a system...    The sky is not falling.      

WELL...If we had an actual extra DE yeah it shouldn't

3 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

1st practice prepping for BC today.

Per DT,  Oliveira is a full participant but Houston, Darby & Schoen are not practicing.  Kramdi & Daramy-Swaray covering at DB.

Scoen prob getting some well needed R&R...He has taken some big shots last 2 games...he'll play....I didnt see anything concerning witht he 2 db's as well...so assume both will be good to go

On 2023-06-15 at 3:47 PM, kelownabomberfan said:

Let's see if we can get Tom Canada out of retirement.  He's probably passed out on a beach in Costa Rica right now....

Wasn’t he coaching part time and teaching canoeing a while back in la?
 Bring back Trent corney. At this point he’s probably 360lbs lbs of pure muscle lol.  

On 2023-06-15 at 1:46 PM, Brandon said:

I wasn't aware that a DE/DT requires multiple weeks of time with a club in order to learn a system...    The sky is not falling.      

It’s all about adjusting to the yard off the ball. Some guys really struggle and it takes a while. Other guys excel right away. 
 It’s the same thing with the jump to the pros at de. Huge difference between playing college tackles and pro. But again some guys are just beasts. 

Jamaal westerman is a great example of a guy who had no adjustment time to the Canadian game but has good nfl experience before coming here. 

On 2023-06-15 at 10:52 AM, rebusrankin said:

Jeffcoat on the six. Time to call Lemon.

They can take him off early if needed. If he sits 6 games we get a good chunk of salary relief. 
 I don’t think we see a big pick up or air lifts till the nfl cuts unless some one gets hurt. The only areas I think we would look at early is ni rb. If Brady get banged up we are in ratio trouble. Can’t start Augustine with out an ni back up. Or a cheeky naturalized Canadian imp rb but mos won’t do that.  

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Wasn’t he coaching part time and teaching canoeing a while back in la?
 Bring back Trent corney. At this point he’s probably 360lbs lbs of pure muscle lol.  

It’s all about adjusting to the yard off the ball. Some guys really struggle and it takes a while. Other guys excel right away. 
 It’s the same thing with the jump to the pros at de. Huge difference between playing college tackles and pro. But again some guys are just beasts. 

Jamaal westerman is a great example of a guy who had no adjustment time to the Canadian game but has good nfl experience before coming here. 

Didn't Corney just quit?  It appears he's gone into body-building seriously and is hoping to turn pro.

Found the following interview with Corney done in 2022, turns out a brain bleed and serious concussion issues were the reasons he chose to retire.  The entire interview is pretty interesting but he starts talking about his time with the Bombers about 15 minutes in.

Edited by Fatty Liver

46 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

They can take him off early if needed. If he sits 6 games we get a good chunk of salary relief. 
 I don’t think we see a big pick up or air lifts till the nfl cuts unless some one gets hurt. The only areas I think we would look at early is ni rb. If Brady get banged up we are in ratio trouble. Can’t start Augustine with out an ni back up. Or a cheeky naturalized Canadian imp rb but mos won’t do that.  

Agreed- too bad about Teague Sherman. He showed promise before his life caught up with him.

15 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

That is harsh. 

Listening to the medical stuff he had going on I am glad he called it quits. 

Hopefully he is in a better place physically now - specifically brain injury wise. 

I know he still cheers for the Bombers. 

yeah...u can see he trains a lot of time in his Bomber gear

2 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Didn't Corney just quit?  It appears he's gone into body-building seriously and is hoping to turn pro.

Found the following interview with Corney done in 2022, turns out a brain bleed and serious concussion issues were the reasons he chose to retire.  The entire interview is pretty interesting but he starts talking about his time with the Bombers about 15 minutes in.

I know he retired sporadically and that he went into body building. That was the 360 lbs of muscle. Last I heard he was north of 300 and jacked. But it’s been a while. 
damn that’s a shame. Thanks for the link. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

I know he retired sporadically and that he went into body building. That was the 360 lbs of muscle. Last I heard he was north of 300 and jacked. But it’s been a while. 
damn that’s a shame. Thanks for the link. 

Trent Corney. Single minded motivated to make muscles. He was devoted to the gym even as a bomber. Screen-Shot-2021-08-30-at-8.59.50-AM.png

Edited by Rod Black

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Corney's head is literally a block.

Not far from the truth, he didn't play long but he's suffered extensive brain damage, he said at times he couldn't read the clock or the score because his vision was so blurry.  Also didn't want the Bombers to know, so he used the Jets doctors to diagnose the extent of the damage, they told him if he continued playing football he could potentially die on the field.

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The squared off jaw is a major symptom of gear or growth hormone use.  He was jacked when he played football, now it's just silly.  But I guess that's bodybuilding.

yeah...he is using serious supplements for sure...sadly thats gonna be his demise too

Good on the Jets team Doctors tho telling him that they are going to have to inform the Bomber

48 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Trent Corney. Single minded motivated to make muscles. He was devoted to the gym even as a bomber. Screen-Shot-2021-08-30-at-8.59.50-AM.png

Even before. He had wild video before the draft. Like jumping out of a pool backwards. Dude was a massive freak. 

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah...he is using serious supplements for sure...sadly thats gonna be his demise too

Good on the Jets team Doctors tho telling him that they are going to have to inform the Bomber

https://247sports.com/player/trent-corney-11251/

to be fair if it’s the gear that’s given him that jaw he’s been on it for a long long time. When I see a big athlete like that I’d be more surprised if they aren’t on some thing. Even more so body builders, or guys that age who are already big and stack on a ton of lean mass.