Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

yup...We lacking that with Parker out with our DB's...He very physical and a good tackler...Our boy Holm...even with all these apparent accolades and gushing over is a waif...gets lost in heavy traffic and isnt physical at all...hence my disdain

Actually if you look back over the last few yrs Rose comes up and supports the run, and has taken down a lot of guys in the flats or on a bubble screen very well in a solo capacity...He has no problem coming in and smacking a guy

Rose still plays at 5'-11 172 lbs. so he's never bulked up, more concerned with him getting out muscled on one-on-one battles with bigger receivers than helping out with the run.

Kind of disappointing that Thomas is the release when we have essentially 5 OL on the practice roster including Szott, plus Eli on the 1 game.  We have more than two full O-lines at practice right now.  I mean I kind of see the succession issue with Bryant and Hardrick close to the end.  But you also need to get through this season and have guys ready to go when needed this season.

Import DL is a spot we could use bodies along with non-import everywhere but OL.

9 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Miles Fox is a DT and has been placed on the PR, so he isn't going to help out at DE.

We might stick walker or Thomas at end more. Walker has a hand full or more reps at end in game 1. 

32 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Kind of disappointing that Thomas is the release when we have essentially 5 OL on the practice roster including Szott, plus Eli on the 1 game.  We have more than two full O-lines at practice right now.  I mean I kind of see the succession issue with Bryant and Hardrick close to the end.  But you also need to get through this season and have guys ready to go when needed this season.

Import DL is a spot we could use bodies along with non-import everywhere but OL.

When Eli is healthy szott should be lucky to get an apple and a road map. Maybe machino when Hansen is healthy too. 
 Hopefully cam Lawson will be healthy soon too which means Schmekel can go to the pr. 

think ni wr is good too. Lber is good, don’t need a fb. Rb would be nice but not likely to happen. I think the only ni dbs we’d see is if ford is cut or when Hallett is healthy. 
 Really I don’t expect us to find any quality ni mid season. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

We might stick walker or Thomas at end more. Walker has a hand full or more reps at end in game 1. 

When Eli is healthy szott should be lucky to get an apple and a road map. Maybe machino when Hansen is healthy too. 
 Hopefully cam Lawson will be healthy soon too which means Schmekel can go to the pr. 

think ni wr is good too. Lber is good, don’t need a fb. Rb would be nice but not likely to happen. I think the only ni dbs we’d see is if ford is cut or when Hallett is healthy. 
 Really I don’t expect us to find any quality ni mid season. 

I'm not even really sure why we've kept Machino with Karamoko plus that we now have one spot used on a punter.  Karamoko and Schmitz on the PR more than covers us for Globals.  I'm sure Machino is the 11th or 12th OL on our depth chart.  Crazy to be so thin at DL, LB, general special teamers and have at least 3 more OL than we could possibly need around.

Not sure about walker. He doesn’t have the explosiveness or ability to get off the block. He’s tough hard working and smart but man he doesn’t seem like a starting quality imp. 

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

I'm not even really sure why we've kept Machino with Karamoko plus that we now have one spot used on a punter.  Karamoko and Schmitz on the PR more than covers us for Globals.  I'm sure Machino is the 11th or 12th OL on our depth chart.  Crazy to be so thin at DL, LB, general special teamers and have at least 3 more OL than we could possibly need around.

Yeah me either. I guess they just like his toughness or some thing. 

14 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Hopefully #6 Cole sticks around town, seemed to be a demon on ST and also had some great returns in the pre-season.

would have made more sense to just keep him anyway and get rid of one them O-line guys not named Richmond that will never...ever see the starting lineup

nd in all honesty should have kept Sterling around on th PR especially with Jeffcoats injury issues, and see if more time here learning the game that he could develop into something...He didn't seem out of place in pre-season...showed more than Bennett did, even tho he has the luxury of the right passport, but still....use a spot up on a global Punter and O-lineman...4 and 5 deep down the depth charts of our Globals..actually 5 and 6 when Hansen is ready

Edited by Booch

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I'll volunteer! Played football in college and consider myself very strong. Negative is have no stamina anymore and never been the quickest.

Put me in coach!

Pungent body odour does not qualify you as "strong". It might cause a second or two delay before anyone tries to hold you. 

5 hours ago, Booch said:

yup...We lacking that with Parker out with our DB's...He very physical and a good tackler...Our boy Holm...even with all these apparent accolades and gushing over is a waif...gets lost in heavy traffic and isnt physical at all...hence my disdain

Actually if you look back over the last few yrs Rose comes up and supports the run, and has taken down a lot of guys in the flats or on a bubble screen very well in a solo capacity...He has no problem coming in and smacking a guy

Holm has a rugby background, they tackle differently. It’s been effective. They really only look for “blow up guys” in the safetys anymore. He had a phenomenal game. There wasn’t a DB out there that didn’t have a mistake or two, but it’s still damn near lights out.

I coached D1 in the US for 10 years.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

would have made more sense to just keep him anyway and get rid of one them O-line guys not named Richmond that will never...ever see the starting lineup

nd in all honesty should have kept Sterling around on th PR especially with Jeffcoats injury issues, and see if more time here learning the game that he could develop into something...He didn't seem out of place in pre-season...showed more than Bennett did, even tho he has the luxury of the right passport, but still....use a spot up on a global Punter and O-lineman...4 and 5 deep down the depth charts of our Globals..actually 5 and 6 when Hansen is ready

Half of our pr is dead weight. And what’s worse is we have 2 of that quality guy on the active roster. 

4 hours ago, Dodge and Burn said:

I'm done with Jeffcoat, cut bait and use his money elsewhere.  

If he’s on the 6 game for 2 stints and plays 6 while being 100% for the post season it’s worth keeping him around imo. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Half of our pr is dead weight. And what’s worse is we have 2 of that quality guy on the active roster. 

If he’s on the 6 game for 2 stints and plays 6 while being 100% for the post season it’s worth keeping him around imo. 

yeah...If anything he always brings it, and is a huge factor come play-off time.....and i he could stay healthy for 18 games would be in the MODP hunt yr after yr

23 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah...If anything he always brings it, and is a huge factor come play-off time.....and i he could stay healthy for 18 games would be in the MODP hunt yr after yr

I saw Holm out of position more than once but he was able to recover- raw athleticism, I guess. When he gets more experience, he ought to be a money player.

7 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Walters needs to sign another DE. Kyle, I know you read this board. Get it done.

kyle broflovski GIF by South Park | South park, Kyle broflovski, Park

7 hours ago, Booch said:

sounds a lot like a Rider Olineman

and Sam Canadian

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

Did he actually recover or did BLM just miss the target?  Trevor Harris will answer that question shortly.

From what I saw in my seat in section 104 Holm made at least two great plays on Hamilton receivers to break up the pass.  I also saw quite a few open Hamilton receivers who BLM just outright missed.  We will see if that continues all year or BLM is just needing more time with his receivers to get the timing right.  If one or two of those passes had been on target it might have been a different game entirely.